Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to expect

I'm definitely going to fire this game up when I get home (around christmas) if it's out by then (?)

My question is.. (and i know you cannot be real spacific) but what can we expect from this title that will in some ways set it aside from other MMORPGS out? ( LvLing, loot, crafting system, quests, community,graphics skills and combat). Mind you I would rather poke my eyes with nails than install WoW, so I can only hope and pray this game upon release will prove a lot of people wrong and attract a decent size fan base.

I will be running a very high powered set-up so i can hope to crank out the graphics easily... can we expect massive  upgrades in the visuals than what I have seen on the beta videos on youtube? 

so many questions.. I'm seeing this game for what it is and what it could be...something very refreshing

*Corsair Obsidian Series 650D *i5-2500K OC'd ~ 4.5
*Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 mother board
* Radeon HD 7970
*8GB (4GBx2) 1600MHz Kingston HyperX
*240GB Corsair Force GT Series SATA-III SSD

Comments

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

Originally posted by Robgmur

( LvLing, loot, crafting system, quests, community,graphics skills and combat).

no; no; none yet implented; no; can't tell yet, but noone from the guild has been online for like 3 months;  yes, as in average to eyesore meets uncanny valley; no; you have minions, it's unresponsive, besides that : no

The setting itself is pretty nice and refreshing, but the way it plays out is..underwhelming. It's ancient. And that goes for the setting AND the game.

The way the updates come now and then, and what is fixed in those, really gives you the feeling that some computer science students bought up the license and are working on it in their spare time. You get flashy emails promising you what great things are to come..but the truth is that nothing really happened for nearly 6 months (fix some, break some).

You can headbutt ghosts, tho. And piledrive skelettons.

• RobgmurRobgmur Member Posts: 322

Originally posted by 43%burnt

no; no; none yet implented; no; can't tell yet, but noone from the guild has been online for like 3 months;  yes, as in average to eyesore meets uncanny valley; no; you have minions, it's unresponsive, besides that : no

The setting itself is pretty nice and refreshing, but the way it plays out is..underwhelming. It's ancient. And that goes for the setting AND the game.

The way the updates come now and then, and what is fixed in those, really gives you the feeling that some computer science students bought up the license and are working on it in their spare time. You get flashy emails promising you what great things are to come..but the truth is that nothing really happened for nearly 6 months (fix some, break some).

LoL.. Pile drive Skeletons... I'm sold

* Radeon HD 7970

• SchuberbiaSchuberbia Member Posts: 3

The way the updates come now and then, and what is fixed in those, really gives you the feeling that some computer science students bought up the license and are working on it in their spare time. You get flashy emails promising you what great things are to come..but the truth is that nothing really happened for nearly 6 months (fix some, break some). You can headbutt ghosts, tho. And piledrive skelettons.

Comp Sci graduates, TYVM! Go Horns (and all that).

We have a pretty feature rich patch coming out very soonTM which will hopefully put some of your concerns to rest. I'd give you the skinny here, but then the guys that write up the patch notes will get all mad at me and probably drywall over my office door.

It is true that things were slow going for awhile there; we were simply undermanned for taking on a project of G&H's scope. Trust me when I say that was as agonizing for us as it was for you. But, we've hired up significantly in the last couple of months and the new folks are learning the ropes. We are really starting to pick up steam, for which I'm eternally thankful because there is a lot we want/need to do.

And be wary of piledriving skeletons, Hormenius may stomp on your head in return.

Mars - Lead Designer - Gods & Heroes
    www.godsandheroes.com

• JohnnyMotrinJohnnyMotrin Member UncommonPosts: 439

Originally posted by 43%burnt

I have to say the above is 100% spot on.  I beta tested this game for over a month and there was not one patch, update or anything.  With the game as incomplete and buggy as it was, I could not understand the lack of production.  This game has some serious potential though.  The political and combo fighting systems they have in place are very intriguing.  

My frustration with this game is stemmed from the major potential I feel this game has, but yet it seems the development team either does not see it as I do or somewhere along the road lost interest in making this game all it can be.

• RobgmurRobgmur Member Posts: 322

I'm Taking the side of the designer. Hopefully the road they cruiz on will become less bumpy and they can truly bring up the game and corrrect its faults in the short coming. By what i've seen the game has that aura to be great and attract a solid fan base..if they can can release a sturdy foundation that is. I'm a firm supporter of this game! don't humiliate me please haha...

* Radeon HD 7970