Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So i was surfing the web...........

MindurzMindurz Member UncommonPosts: 37

and i came across a sandbox mmo called dawntide. Has anyone played it yet? i saw its in beta

Comments

• PsycsPsycs Member UncommonPosts: 20

I'm signing up for this now. Looks pretty interesting.

• MindurzMindurz Member UncommonPosts: 37

ya im thinking bout it too :)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i couldnt play it with and ATI videcard since the game is powered by nvidia... tho i tried on a pc with nvidia videocard and the game is really buggy and needs serious improvements on gameplay mechanics..... it could be more polished. what i really like is that if you attack an npc in town you will have to kill him, let him kill you, or just log out of the game... otherwise it will be a never ending chase hehehe (i remember after 3 minutes of being chased by that npc i jumped to the ocean and waited a bit in there, and after i went out of the water the idiot appeared from nowhere and continued the chase) he really wanted to hunt me down......and NPC!! lol  i liked that part. ALso i was alone, if i remember correctly i saw 1 player online the whole time i was on (a couple of weeks ago).

The games feels unfinished also

• PsycsPsycs Member UncommonPosts: 20

Originally posted by rojo6934

i couldnt play it with and ATI videcard since the game is powered by nvidia... tho i tried on a pc with nvidia videocard and the game is really buggy and needs serious improvements on gameplay mechanics..... it could be more polished. what i really like is that if you attack an npc in town you will have to kill him, let him kill you, or just log out of the game... otherwise it will be a never ending chase hehehe i liked that part. ALso i was alone, if i remember correctly i saw 1 player online the whole time i was on (a couple of weeks ago).

The games feels unfinished also

Wonder if that has anything to do with it being in Beta?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

now that u mentioned beta, i hope thats why... to be honest i didnt even notice if it was a beta or what... i just jumped in to the game in a rush to find a good sandbox

edit: i hope they add support for ATI cards... if they do that + fix what i mentioned before, i would play it

anyone already in beta?

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

I tried it, was also unplayable for me, on nvidia.

dang oh really

• OreguruOreguru Member Posts: 40

dont feel sad.

I tried it half a yhear ago or more(dont remember), and well, it ran alright, BUT...

the game itself has almost nothing in it, combat is unresponsive and general lack of animation make you want to alt+f4 right away. Locations are big and barren.

The graphics is ok, but the game mechanics/animations make it unbearable. + its totally empty world(of players)

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

It's been in beta a long time. I played it about two years ago and it was quite awful. But was early beta, so I expected it. Came back a year later, and not a single bug had been fixed, and little to no content had been fixed. Finnaly I tried it one last time 2 months ago, same thing, it's a game that isn't really being worked on, 2 years and little to nothing had improved/changed/been added to.

It's basically someone's personal garage project with zero budget. Some people may have a little fun in it. (I did for about 2 weeks with a few friends.) Just don't expect the devs to make any real changes to the game in your lifetime. What you see now is likely all the game will ever be, minus some stat and item tweeks here and there.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

lol

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

I think I'll check it out. Thanks for the info guys. :)

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

Been skirting along my radar's edge for quite a while now. Signed up for beta, never received an invite, but I still hope they make it through and move to Open Beta.

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• cheebacheeba Member UncommonPosts: 196

Originally posted by Beermangler

Been skirting along my radar's edge for quite a while now. Signed up for beta, never received an invite, but I still hope they make it through and move to Open Beta.

The game is in open beta.  Go sign up or log in.  Then hit the download link at the top...

---------------
    Tested over a 115+ games since 1997.

Currently Playing:

Played(Retired): AOL NWN(91-95), UO, EQ1/2, DAoC, CoX, Lineage1/2, SWG(Pre CU/NGE), Planetside, Anarchy Online, FFXI, AC, Vanguard, D&D, AoC, DCUO, Rift, Eve, others

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Awesome, On it right now! Let's give this puppy a whirl.

• IcegotenIcegoten Member UncommonPosts: 138

Their download link is down but here it is just in case they don't fix it soon.

http://www.dawntide.net/sites/downloads/DawntideSetupLite2011.zip 

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I tried it over a year ago, i think it's been in open beta for years.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• IamAWESOMExIamAWESOMEx Member Posts: 11

really cool 

I've been waiting for this one

• KatodyKatody Member Posts: 30

Oh, my. Not worth the bugs, wait another 2 years or so. xD

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Certainly rough around the edges.  It is the pace of development that worries me the most.  I had some fun though.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

The game has great potential, but it is really buggy. Combat is a mess right now. When you attack something, it takes about 10 seconds for anything to start. Then when it does react, the creature or goblin reacts really wierd by doing this Michael Jackson moonwalk thing away from you...it is really bad.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Not worth playing it if it's in OB for years and still not finished, in my opinion. Sit tight and wait for the release :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------