Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BETA

2»

Comments

• CripnoahCripnoah Member Posts: 128

Originally posted by Requiamer

I would love some backup there to your fix.

Anyone that tested the game in beta or in korean release claimed it. Character progression have holes just like it was in Aion. The combat system isn't polished yet even though the box are out in korea, you still see some lack of animation blending in the turn to face the oponent. There is pretty much no info about pvp even though the game is released which is totally unbeleivable. Quest hubs to quest hubs progression have been confirmed...

From people that i've heard that are playing on the korean servers are actually saying thats it is a solid game. The combat system is solid but the only real problem that seems to be thrown around is that solo content is very veyr limited. You are going to have a hard time lvling up unless you play with some friends and what have you.

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

I have followed the development of this game and if they go the same route as other top korean games, this mean short release in the west after the asian one, it will fall in exactly in the same traps.

Lack of content, grind, huge holes in character progression, and total absence of pvp content. In few words it is just an other L2 with a fps like combat system and even that system doesn't seam to perform that well. I didn't played the game, and didn't really wanted to once i had made myself a better idea. My first impression was the game will be great though, just like it was with L2 and Aion, even if i think Aion was a dimension better content wise than L2, but Tera isn't a NCsoft game so you really can't say the progression will follow the same rythm.

Also i might be bit too negative, i'm pretty sure i'm not far at all from reality. In any case they decided to give the western company a "lot" of resource and possibilities to adapt it to the western market. This is just sounding very false to me, with time it look more like they are waiting for the end of the first korean year release because they know the first year is a payed beta in mmo world, and when you are a stranger its even harder to make it swallow. But that won't make it guys really, i think your are dreaming there where the sun rise, you really have to put some real content in the mmos now if you want to be a top mmo, this is already a given fact.

Come on what ya talking about i have played Lineage 2 since Taiwan Beta in 2003 and if one thing wasnt missing in lineage 2 it was pvp from the beginning and content wise it was enough at the start by the time ppl hit high lv zones in c1 and c2 they had content for them.

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487

Originally posted by Otomox

I have followed the development of this game and if they go the same route as other top korean games, this mean short release in the west after the asian one, it will fall in exactly in the same traps.

Lack of content, grind, huge holes in character progression, and total absence of pvp content. In few words it is just an other L2 with a fps like combat system and even that system doesn't seam to perform that well. I didn't played the game, and didn't really wanted to once i had made myself a better idea. My first impression was the game will be great though, just like it was with L2 and Aion, even if i think Aion was a dimension better content wise than L2, but Tera isn't a NCsoft game so you really can't say the progression will follow the same rythm.

Also i might be bit too negative, i'm pretty sure i'm not far at all from reality. In any case they decided to give the western company a "lot" of resource and possibilities to adapt it to the western market. This is just sounding very false to me, with time it look more like they are waiting for the end of the first korean year release because they know the first year is a payed beta in mmo world, and when you are a stranger its even harder to make it swallow. But that won't make it guys really, i think your are dreaming there where the sun rise, you really have to put some real content in the mmos now if you want to be a top mmo, this is already a given fact.

Come on what ya talking about i have played Lineage 2 since Taiwan Beta in 2003 and if one thing wasnt missing in lineage 2 it was pvp from the beginning and content wise it was enough at the start by the time ppl hit high lv zones in c1 and c2 they had content for them.

I agree, lineage 2 was a pvp game. I would rank it among the top pvp games. Behind Ac 1 DT, doac and UO.

Tera, will have A nice pvp system, I hope but then again most new games lack a good pvp system...

• chiksochikso Member Posts: 150

I would love some backup there to your fix.

Anyone that tested the game in beta or in korean release claimed it. Character progression have holes just like it was in Aion. The combat system isn't polished yet even though the box are out in korea, you still see some lack of animation blending in the turn to face the oponent. There is pretty much no info about pvp even though the game is released which is totally unbeleivable. Quest hubs to quest hubs progression have been confirmed...

"I have followed the development of this game and if they go the same route as other top korean games, this mean short release in the west after the asian one, it will fall in exactly in the same traps."

The game has been in development in the west for few years now so even when the game released in korea back in January it could have many differences with the western one. I'm sorry but what stayontarget said is right, you haven't followed the game at all.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

"Q: Are you thinking of merging servers?

A: There are a few servers that do not meet our recommended population; we are currently thinking about merging some servers. We are also thinking carefully about when to merge the servers, this will probably undergo after we discuss more with NHN.

"

Kinda troubling... ><

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

Also i might be bit too negative, i'm pretty sure i'm not far at all from reality.

You say "just anohter L2" like you are saying "citizen Kane" is just another movie" or "Baldur's Gate II" is just anohter video game or "Jessica Alba is just another woman who has taken out a restraining order against me".

Tera would be lucky to come close to L2 at its peak.

Besides, I think Aion, a good game that I followed and enjoyed, couldn't hold a candle to L2.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • neosurfeurneosurfeur Member UncommonPosts: 193

actually Terra fail in Koree , so they probably want to wait to release the game until they get better with the asian ...

So im not in hurry to see their game at all they can take their timie , but they need to made it worth the waiting or ill be pretty sad...

• lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

Originally posted by nomss

You should change your post's title.

I didnt mean to get anyones hopes up. Now that I think about it, I would of reacted that way. sorry

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

• AngelicdreamAngelicdream Member UncommonPosts: 5

Originally posted by neosurfeur

actually Terra fail in Koree , so they probably want to wait to release the game until they get better with the asian ...

So im not in hurry to see their game at all they can take their timie , but they need to made it worth the waiting or ill be pretty sad...

I wouldn't say it's a fail. Especially since just came out, games need time to develop. Even if it wasn't a solid start, they do need to start from somewhere.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

OK No, im sorry the L2 pvp content was unique to NC lineage serie with castle and huge fight, thats for sure.

But that's it really. If you look at an other pvp game from the same period like UO the number of pvp content is just laughtable. No faction, no pking or at least the pking in L2 is so tiny compared to Uo it make it non existant, no pvp hot spots where in Uo pvp hot spots are all over the place, no class to class balance that create a great dueling system, i mean in Uo some people were dueling for hours... i could goes on and on really. I mean lineage have a great castle taking feature, but let be honest apart from that guild fight aspect, there is nothing really to chew, it doesn't even come close to a full pvp mmo for me. Its a pve/pvp mix up from design, if you had followed it you would knows it, it became a pvp game just by renown from the western player base, because only them stayed on the sinking ship that was L2 in the west. Also the L2 pvp is pretty much a win button exemple for pvper today, its a very bad system all around with uber elite skill and macro pvp potion shruging, i mean some people like it, but its not a very big part of the pvp comunity you can be sure.

Im sorry i still have a big grip about L2, the game make pvp popular again in the west, so its not that bad in the context of the moment, but it is not good either.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Originally posted by Sovrath

Also i might be bit too negative, i'm pretty sure i'm not far at all from reality.

You say "just anohter L2" like you are saying "citizen Kane" is just another movie" or "Baldur's Gate II" is just anohter video game or "Jessica Alba is just another woman who has taken out a restraining order against me".

Tera would be lucky to come close to L2 at its peak.

Besides, I think Aion, a good game that I followed and enjoyed, couldn't hold a candle to L2.

Ye we all see the world with our view point i guess. But the fact is Aion pvp features is like 10time more developed than the L2 ones. As said L2 pvp is a very bad open world pvp (that in fact made all to forbid open pvp right since being red wasn't an option at all unless you liked to run around naked in item based pvp, not a good idea), with a nice castle and guild to guild feature. But Aion had all kind of pvp feature, you just can fill the 10 years of development Aion have added, im sorry. Let see Aion had pking that was really nice in fact, it still pissed a lot of people but it was like not even comparable? Open world pvp is now on special map, that was about time. Castle is still in, a bit more shallow i must agree. Class to class balance still doesn't exist. Huge battle on portals with like day to day encounter of 50X50 people fighting without hours and hours of trash talking to make the dumper flag. an overall strong attempt to controo and balance the encounters with level locked portal... I mean if you can't see the advencement, you must be totally blind. And once more i probably forgot a lot more stuff.

If L2 was more popular for some people (especially the l2 fan) the pvp quality wise doesn't come even close i'm sorry for you.

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

OK No, im sorry the L2 pvp content was unique to NC lineage serie with castle and huge fight, thats for sure.

But that's it really. If you look at an other pvp game from the same period like UO the number of pvp content is just laughtable. No faction, no pking or at least the pking in L2 is so tiny compared to Uo it make it non existant, no pvp hot spots where in Uo pvp hot spots are all over the place, no class to class balance that create a great dueling system, i mean in Uo some people were dueling for hours... i could goes on and on really. I mean lineage have a great castle taking feature, but let be honest apart from that guild fight aspect, there is nothing really to chew, it doesn't even come close to a full pvp mmo for me. Its a pve/pvp mix up from design, if you had followed it you would knows it, it became a pvp game just by renown from the western player base, because only them stayed on the sinking ship that was L2 in the west. Also the L2 pvp is pretty much a win button exemple for pvper today, its a very bad system all around with uber elite skill and macro pvp potion shruging, i mean some people like it, but its not a very big part of the pvp comunity you can be sure.

Im sorry i still have a big grip about L2, the game make pvp popular again in the west, so its not that bad in the context of the moment, but it is not good either.

I dunno what ya talking again about. Lineage 2 started in the west in open beta and hadnt till C1 Sieges. Clan Wars over Zones was common. Cruma Tower was one of the biggest hot spots for PVP at that time and every one knewed it. Later it became Antharas Lair and so on PVP was always theie and we had alread massive battles at that time. And when C1 kicked it it became even bigger. And pk in lineage 2 at that time was one of the most risky things around. When u turned red and had anything good equiped you basiclly had to run for ur life or hide if u didnt wanted to lose ur items.

And how isn´t it a full PVP game u can when ever u want PVP where ever u want. Are u looking for bs like Batlegrounds or what?

I agre with the macro thing by the end of C4 and chronicles it started to drop the ball huge. Macros,Hacks, Bots and shit like Radar ruined lineage 2 pvp on retail servers in the west.

And sorry everyone that i know and enjoyed back in the day Lineage 2 and L2 PVP. Hates Aion. Myself including. Aions pvp is just carebear shit like WoW.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Originally posted by lectrocuda

This rollercoaster ride that is waiting for beta, sux.

For a game in our top ten, they sure are releasing very little amounts of info for the NA release.  Look how long the Korean one has been out, and look how close we are to targeted launch.

AGEERRRGRGHHHHH

welcome to our world! *waves the EU flag*

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by stayontarget

People criticize a company for releasing a game to soon and they criticize a company for taking too long to release.   It's a no win situation.

Gamers are so impatient.

Tha faults lies in the company that hypes up their game too much which is basically teasing gamers for what they cannot get. If there was no hype, from the companies, there would be alot fewer impatient gamers.

• AngelicdreamAngelicdream Member UncommonPosts: 5
    This thread has gone off topic. Maybe this thread should be a debate thread now, considering there are people here without lack of knowledge towards the game. Posting random "facts".
  • ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487

lol I had to stop at reading after your lines about how going red was rare in L2. I went red almost every day and got pk'd every day. L2 is the most pvp game post Uo, Ac1 DT, Daoc.