Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Flashpoint Interview

2»

Comments

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

are we ever gonna try this game or are we going to see only text and...

• HitechLolifeHitechLolife Member Posts: 210

Originally posted by dmordred

There's always a third part criminal that profits from both and fights both sides from time to time! I'd love to see a full blast third faction for a change :) let's wait an see what the future brings!

This. And come on, why absorb Mythic if you aren't going to use the best mechanic they ever came up with? 3rd faction worked perfectly in DaoC yet no one has done it since.

Currently Playing: The Game

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456

There are always people that roll need on things that aren't meant for their class and it isn't always because they don't know what they are doing.  Often they want to sell the items and don't care who they piss off.  We have all seen people that just sit and troll the chat channels and make a nuisance of themselves and the same type of people often like to steal as much as they can get during instances and could care less if they took something that you needed.

I don't see why Bioware can't be smart enough to prevent the need/greed system from being abused.  All they have to do is not allow people to roll need on items that aren't ideal for their class.  That way everyone has a fair chance at getting the gear and if someone ideal needs it, they will always win over the person who just wants to sell it, or collect items for strange reasons.  Alternately, as someone else mentioned, they could allow them to select need, but automatically put them under the need/non-ideal category, so someone who selects need and is ideal would always get first shot at the item.

It is a simple fix for an often abused system.  I hope the folks at Bioware are sharp enough to take this into consideration.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC