Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP Plans to Dilate Time!

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

In game of course.  Will supposedly help faciliate larger fleet fights.

tl;dr: version

"Time dilation slows down time so the server can keep up with what y'all are doing.  We're going to work on it nowish and if everything works out you'll see it some time not quite soon."

Quite a good technical read about what they are proposing at the link below.

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=900

If anything the article goes a long way to explaining the challenges every MMO Dev team has to deal with when trying to incorporate large scale fights and how they try to work through it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Comments

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

So they will work on it "nowish" and we will see it "not quite some time soon."

Does that basically mean, its on the list but not really that important?  It honestly sounds like that to me.  

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by marinrider

So they will work on it "nowish" and we will see it "not quite some time soon."

Does that basically mean, its on the list but not really that important?  It honestly sounds like that to me.  

Yea, I wouldn't not important but "on the list" defo lol.

This is not a game.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Well, it does say in the detailed log they first piloted this last August so they definitely aren't rushing, but there is a hint we could see it later this fall.

Remember, EVE players are used to being patient, heck, just look at how Incarna's been going on for so long.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

I'm suddenly reminded of Valve times... 

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I really like this idea.   Not that I do much massive fleet fights but the lag was a good reason behind this.

They have some huge projects on the go at the moment, I wouldnt like for this to get in the way of Incarna so I'm not so botherd about it coming the end of the year.