Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Westernization

2»

Comments

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

I don't care for grind, but other than that I don't know why everything has to be 'westernized' either. I like original dubs, I prefer reading subtitles (and I watch a LOT of foreign cinema and no, anime doesn't count), and I happen to enjoy reading about the mythology and legends of other cultures. I think part of the fun is in experiencing something new, so they should stop trying to Westernize everything. We live here, we have all the West we need ;-

Plus english voice actors are just terrible >_< not all, but I'd say it's in the 90%+ range. They're just aweful. It seems like the only voice acting we excel at in the west is comedy, and even that isn't exactly exlusive to us. I often wonder if other cultures feel the same about their voice actors, but since it's in another language we just can't tell :P

Ignorane is bliss. Give me an option to leave the original dubbing plox.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

Originally posted by The_Quester

Originally posted by Teala

I would love to play some of the Eastern MMORPG's. but I just can't get past their grindy-ness, nor their art direction.

Look what she is wearing.   She looks like she is on her way to a rave, not to do battle with the minions of (evil name here).   Don't even get me started on the cheesy 'anime' run they have them do.

[Mod Edit]

Looks like a caster wearing cloth, which is usually what they wear.

And early on, specially, their equipment looks like normal clothing. Outside of the tremendous heels..... i dont see a problem. And, hey, the hells might be some magical boosting item thingy.

That outfit looks atrocious.

• SaarosenSaarosen Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by birdycephon

Originally posted by The_Quester

Originally posted by Teala

I would love to play some of the Eastern MMORPG's. but I just can't get past their grindy-ness, nor their art direction.

Look what she is wearing.   She looks like she is on her way to a rave, not to do battle with the minions of (evil name here).   Don't even get me started on the cheesy 'anime' run they have them do.
    [Mod Edit]
    Looks like a caster wearing cloth, which is usually what they wear.
    And early on, specially, their equipment looks like normal clothing. Outside of the tremendous heels..... i dont see a problem. And, hey, the hells might be some magical boosting item thingy.

That outfit looks atrocious.

I can see THAT plotline....

Asunika wandered down the path, heading towards her friend's house. They'd been planning a sleepover with a few schoolmates for weeks, and she had been so excited that she decided to wear her new negligee and pumps on the way over. Suddenly, the Minions of Anthraxia leapt out from the bushes nearby, and she readied her spells for battle....

Lovely heels, BTW....Walmart have a Gauche Galore sale? lol