Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need some advice for an mmorpg...

blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643

It's been a few years since I've had a gaming PC. I made the switch to Mac some time back, so I was rather limitied on what I could play. Incidentally, I played WoW for a bit. I finally broke down and got a new PC. The world is my oyster.... only, I don't know what to play :-/

A buddy of mine is letting me play his Rift account so I can try it out. It looks nice, and I tihnk the dynamic event things are pretty fun, but it's too much like WoW, and while the quality and convenient interface options are good things to have in common, it also carries over many of the things that I don't like about WoW. I also tried out Vindictus, becuase I heard that it was good. The graphics are good and the combat is pretty fun (at least for the hour or two that I played it). However, I really don't like the instanced dungeon thing. It barely even felt like an MMO.

I'm looking for some suggestions. I'm partial to the fantasy genre, but I'm not really a fan of the questing format. I'd like something that looks nice (so that I can tell myself that my hardware was worth it), but graphics aren't a huge issue. Hopefully, something with a reletively large player-base (I don't like feeling like I'm the only one in the game). I don't care if it's F2P or not. Whith so many MMOs to choose from these days, it would take a long time to download and sample all that have potential, so I thought that I'd ask some experienced folks for some advice.

I'm looking for some suggestions. I'm partial to the fantasy genre, but I'm not really a fan of the questing format. I'd like something that looks nice (so that I can tell myself that my hardware was worth it), but graphics aren't a huge issue. Hopefully, something with a reletively large player-base (I don't like feeling like I'm the only one in the game). I don't care if it's F2P or not.

I'm looking for some suggestions. I'm partial to the fantasy genre, but I'm not really a fan of the questing format. I'd like something that looks nice (so that I can tell myself that my hardware was worth it), but graphics aren't a huge issue. Hopefully, something with a reletively large player-base (I don't like feeling like I'm the only one in the game). I don't care if it's F2P or not.