Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forgot its name

Mr_WolfxMr_Wolfx Member Posts: 176

Ok, the game I'm thinking of is kinda like Civilization in space. You played against 5-6 other races or creatures and all I really remember about the game is that one of the playable races was some kind of animal, like a teddy bear or something. It's not much to go on, but I don't know many other games with a playable teddy bear race lol

Yes I have a dream… And its not some MLK dream for equality. …I wanna own a decommissioned lighthouse …And I wanna live at the top… And nobody knows I live there. …And theres a button that I can press, and launch that lighthouse into space.

Comments

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

It wasn't Galactic Civilization 2? I'm probably wrong, but it's just a guess ^^

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

knowing if its am mmo or single player will narrow it down a bit.....lol

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• lucianbonnlucianbonn Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by Kaijin2k3

I think this is it.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

When i think Civ in space i remember an old game called Alpha Centauri. Cannot confirm on the teddybear tho lol

• Mr_WolfxMr_Wolfx Member Posts: 176

Originally posted by Kaijin2k3

That's it image Thanks!

Yes I have a dream… And its not some MLK dream for equality. …I wanna own a decommissioned lighthouse …And I wanna live at the top… And nobody knows I live there. …And theres a button that I can press, and launch that lighthouse into space.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

Originally posted by simmihi

When i think Civ in space i remember an old game called Alpha Centauri. Cannot confirm on the teddybear tho lol

Though Alpha Centauri is one of my favorite games of all time.

come to think of it so is Galactic Civ 2!

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Mr_WolfxMr_Wolfx Member Posts: 176

A friend of mine has a copy of Alpha Centauri, sounds like its worth checking out so I might pick it up.

Now, since I already have this thread going I figure I may as well add a question. Does anyone know of a game like Gal Civ 2 but with a more in depth trading/economy system, or atleast a trading/economy system similar to it? Doesn't have to be sci-fi though, historical is good too. Just as long as it's not modern day.

• chrislekochrisleko Member Posts: 200

Europa Universalis III is a game that focuses less on building individual cities up (live Civ, or Alpha Centurai) and more on overall production, trade, and ruling.  It's really fun, but can be really complex (and different).  Think there's a demo of it around the net somewhere.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

My strategy freak friends (i'm only calling them freaks because i envy them, seems i'm too old and i don't have the nerves to play this kind of games anymore) would answer Victoria II, Patrician IV or Europa Universalis III.