Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game hosting

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Is there anything known about how this game is going to be hosted...

Will there be seperate servers for US, EU and Asia... and will they be placed locally in these area's ?

Will they be hosted by Arenanet or by NCsoft or by a 3rd party company?

It could be that i just missed this information and that its floating around on the world wide web.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

I am pretty sure that ANet have said we will all be playing together on the same servers. 

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Shoju

I am pretty sure that ANet have said we will all be playing together on the same servers. 

That does not answer any of my questions, while people could have access to the same servers, there could still be preferred servers placed locally in europe.... while still allowing europeans to access the US placed servers.

Next to that i understood that there will be German language servers too

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• emestoemesto Member Posts: 55

US and EU have seperate servers, but you can transfer between them for free with some limitations to prevent people flocking to a particular server to win WvWvW.