Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick questions

erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

Currently, I'm bored as hell and I want to play an MMO which is why I've been checking this one out. So I have a few questions.

1.  I saw you can buy some sort of tokens to get items for the game.

A)  Can you get the items they sell inside the game as you level up or are these items only obtainable by buying them outside the game?

2.  I see where you get rank in the game.

A)  Do you obtain rank by leveling up? In other words, every time you level up, you get a new rank like Sgt., Lt. and so on?

3. . More imnportantly, is this game worth getting?

Thanks

Comments

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

1. I do believe that most of the ships, if not all, in the store can be had in the game by grinding (I forget what types of missions you need to grind).

2. You start at ensign on the Federtaion side (you need to level up and/or do a specific mission first to unlock the Klingon faction), and you have a few levels of ensign. Then you hit Lt.; and you will level up 10 times before hitting the next rank (Lt. Commander, Commander, etc.).

3. That really depends on what type of gamer you are, and what types of MMOs you like. Casual gamers tend to like it the most, with average and hardcore players hitting the end levels well before the initial free 30 days are up. Other than hoping to the incomplete Klingon faction, there's not a lot of replayability in STO as no matter what class you are you will experience the same content (not counting the new player made missions of course). If you shop around (Amazon.com has had great deals in the past), you should be able to find a copy for $10 or less; grab it if you have nothing better to do and see for yourself. You can always cancel before the thirty days of free time runs out.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• Logos1326Logos1326 Member UncommonPosts: 240

1.- some of the stuff is obtainable but things like costume packs, bridges, emotes, etc, you get from the cstore

2.- you rank up as you level up but each rank has 10 levels to it, exampe Captain1, captain2, captain3, etc. There are also diplomacy ranks now like attache, consul, ambassador that rank up separately.

3- up to you. It's good if you don't play it a lot. If you are looking for something to log in and play an hour or two a couple of nights a week it's good. If you really get into game worlds and game something like 5+ hours every night or so you will get burnt out fast. Also depends if you are a pvp'er. pvp in this game still leaves a lot to be desired.. it  is still a mostly pve game.

It's cheap enough now you can just try it a month. If you like it great, if not you're not out that much.

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

What those / guys says. I think the limit is somewhere around 3 hours/day. If you play more than this it gets repetetive fast and you will run out of content in a matter of weeks.

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by Logos1326

It's good if you don't play it a lot.

This pretty much sums up the game.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!