Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the Population?

Well i just downloaded the free trail but i have no had time to play it and i wanted ot know if this game is wroth subing to and is the population good cause i want a game for PvP but i also want a game with a decent population

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

Comments

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

IIRC you can only pick Badlands server for a NA trial account. Badlands will be getting some new players soon with the new merge going on, but the pop is already pretty decent. Gorfang is the highest pop server though, so if you do subscribe roll to gorfang for th emost action.

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

Okay and also another question how come everyone makes this game out like it is dead that its got no population or anything?

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

Originally posted by syrusmag3

Okay and also another question how come everyone makes this game out like it is dead that its got no population or anything?

Because a lot of people on this site just like to bitch and complain. They see that the game at one point had more servers and now is down to a handfull so they go OMG GAME IS DEAD! The thing is that a lot of the reasons people left the game were fixed and just most of them never gave the game a second chance to prove itself. A lot of people that do come back however are pleasantly surprised.

Also I would say that Gorfang and Badlands have roughly the same population based on my population counter addon. But Badlands being a trial server means it's tier 1 population is higher than Gorfangs while Gorfangs Tier 4 population is higher than Badlands.

• MmocountMmocount Member Posts: 194

Because that's the impression people get when a game goes down from 65 servers to 2 (US side).

The last merger was still recently where 2 of the last 4 servers were mrged into Gorfang.

It's not so much the game is dead. It's just that it has been in a downward spiral since release and there has been no sign of stabilizing population at all.

Add to that there has been very little new content in two years, no real expansion nor any sight of one, and an open admission staff's working on TOR, and there's simply not much goodwill left for a lot of people.

That said, there's pop on the current servers, and it can be fun, for a while. I just wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for a MMO to settle into for the foreseeable future. Rather just something to do casually, or on the side or something like that.

• MorningStarGGMorningStarGG Member UncommonPosts: 394

Originally posted by Mmocount

Because that's the impression people get when a game goes down from 65 servers to 2 (US side).

The last merger was still recently where 2 of the last 4 servers were mrged into Gorfang.

It's not so much the game is dead. It's just that it has been in a downward spiral since release and there has been no sign of stabilizing population at all.

Add to that there has been very little new content in two years, no real expansion nor any sight of one, and an open admission staff's working on TOR, and there's simply not much goodwill left for a lot of people.

That said, there's pop on the current servers, and it can be fun, for a while. I just wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for a MMO to settle into for the foreseeable future. Rather just something to do casually, or on the side or something like that.

Population has been stable for at least the past 1-2 years. I have done population scans and numbers have remained about the same. RvR/PvP, honestly, is dynamic content, and thus no real need for anything new beyond what the players make different each and every fight. They are heliping with ToR, but not abandoning or ceasing anything with WAR.

This game still has the best RvR/PvP experience in any MMO. If that is what you are looking for this is it. People need to get over themselves, and try the game for the first time, or come back with an open mind. If you look at it with a fresh set of eyes, then you will see that this game has the best RvR/PvP and has improved ten fold since release.

Owner/Admin of GodlessGamer.com - Gaming news and reviews for the godless.

• ThelowThelow Member Posts: 149

Originally posted by spyder2k5

Population has been stable for at least the past 1-2 years. I have done population scans and numbers have remained about the same.

Stop spouting crap like that. 1-2 years ago this game had 300k people. what is that now, 50k per server?  Pop has been going down continuously. Each time followed with server upon server running dry, complaining about pops for a while and getting merged eventually.

Speak for the game all you want but obvious lies like this don't help the game, they just make you look like a fanboy ignoring the obvious.

Population has been stable for at least the past 1-2 years. I have done population scans and numbers have remained about the same.

Stop spouting crap like that. 1-2 years ago this game had 300k people. what is that now, 50k per server?  Pop has been going down continuously. Each time followed with server upon server running dry, complaining about pops for a while and getting merged eventually.

Speak for the game all you want but obvious lies like this don't help the game, they just make you look like a fanboy ignoring the obvious.

6 servers... 50k each... that sounds like 300k to me. Your logic seems flawed.

Originally posted by kaiser3282

... rofl. Try thinking about it next time :)

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Well i just downloaded the free trail but i have no had time to play it and i wanted ot know if this game is wroth subing to and is the population good cause i want a game for PvP but i also want a game with a decent population

As long as you stay on the endless free trial and only play levels 1-11 you should be fine. After that there is really not much point. I don't advise paying any money for this game.

And to the few of you in here saying this game isn't dead, even you have to admit the game is a badly ailling shell of its former self, and that the old skiiny guy in the black robes is looking on while sharpening his scythe.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• MaakuMaaku Member Posts: 90

I'll say two things;

1) This game is great and yes, PvP/RvR is in my opinion the best out there.

2) Yes, the game is kind of dying. Slowly but it doesn't feel like it's gona make it another 2 or 3 years unless it goes free.

Best way to enjoy WaR. Start with a few friends together ((Lan party)). Do some free trial. PvP the hell out of it, its great fun and then decide as a group. Going at it alone in WaR at this stage is kinda hard. Like a previous poster said, the mid level content is quite silent/ as in very few players.

• ltankltank Member UncommonPosts: 293

Originally posted by Tardcore

As long as you stay on the endless free trial and only play levels 1-11 you should be fine. After that there is really not much point. I don't advise paying any money for this game.

And to the few of you in here saying this game isn't dead, even you have to admit the game is a badly ailling shell of its former self, and that the old skiiny guy in the black robes is looking on while sharpening his scythe.

You clearly don't currently play it.

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Am looking forward to playing it when theres the welcome back offer . Always enjoy it in june or july whatever it is when it happens for a couple of weeks . Would never pay for it though . Most people say the f2play weeks are amazing but it dies a death following it . It always makes me laugh the /special never seams to be fixed . or maybe it is now ? Shame if it is because  I liked doing it in my squig armour and go around with a red hand when I changed back . hehe

Think about what? im not saying your numbers are accurate or not, but do you not understand simple math?

You said it used to have 300k players, now its only 50k per server.

there are 6 servers.

50k per server (your own words)

50 x 6 = 300

elementary school math skills ftw

Think about what? im not saying your numbers are accurate or not, but do you not understand simple math?

You said it used to have 300k players, now its only 50k per server.

there are 6 servers.

50k per server (your own words)

50 x 6 = 300

elementary school math skills ftw

I said 300k. I wasn't sure how many servers were left for the moment so I said 300 divided by 6 = 50k or what?

The point being that I made up (and yes divided) that number myself.

The thing to think about, which you seemed to have missed, is that a server won't *have* 50k people on it. Just assume for a second that even at best primetime the game would only have ... 50% or so playing the game. When's the last time you saw 25 thousand people online on your server?

Not probably, because they'd be providing emergency medcare to the hamsters running them :)

Stop spouting crap like that. 1-2 years ago this game had 300k people. what is that now, 50k per server? Pop has been going down continuously. Each time followed with server upon server running dry, complaining about pops for a while and getting merged eventually.

First off, this is based on actual population scans from within the game. Population numbers on all server(I check them all) have remained the same at peak, and in off hours it has been roughly the same as normal for off hours.

This game is just a bit over 2 years old, of course it had more 2 years ago. That does not mean the current population is not sustainable or stable, because guess what? It is, and it is.

{mod edit}

Originally posted by Tardcore

This game is not dead, and is not dying, yes it has seen better day number wise, but quality wise, the game has never been better, and just keeps improving, those that have not played since launch give it a go, those who have been gone extended periods give it a go, if its been 60 or 90 days forget which you can goto the account center and reactivate for a 10 or 14 day trial on your old account. New players please for the love of god take it from someone who plays the game, this game is good, don't be scared to try it, ignore all the haters and get in and have fun. If numbers prove anything is that they don't prove a game is good or not, look at WoW for instance, I have played off and on for years, but its boring, and totally imbalanced.

Play it if you like it, or shut the hell up and move on so those that are interested in the game can speak about it in peace.

[quote] [i]Originally posted by spyder2k5[/i] First off, this is based on actual population scans from within the game. Population numbers on all server(I check them all) have remained the same at peak, and in off hours it has been roughly the same as normal for off hours.This game is just a bit over 2 years old, of course it had more 2 years ago. That does not mean the current population is not sustainable or stable, because guess what? It is, and it is.I speak truth and fact, not lies and false hatred like you, someone who does not even play the game.[/quote]

My statement was on your statement that pop was stable over the last 1-2 years.

So let's take at face value that you have 'checked' pop numbers, across all servers, across all realms, over the last few years. 

Then the truth should be staring you in the face. No, it is not possible for a game to have the same peak and off peak numbers across all servers, yet have shrunk by about ~60 servers to 2(assuming US) in the meantime(assuming 2 years).

-----------------------

Assuming the above, yet still looking at your statement I'm guessing you're simply not explaining yourself well enough or I'm not understanding you. It's not possible for pops to be stable yet the game to shrink, so something is off.

As for current pops possibly being sustainable/stable. I never said otherwise. What I *did* say was that since release the pop has only shrunk and shrunk. Which it has, which was obvious when server, after server, after server started complaining of pops and eventually got merged. The Frenchies being the latest of that bunch which is happening right now basically.

[quote] [i]Originally posted by spyder2k5[/i] First off, this is based on actual population scans from within the game. Population numbers on all server(I check them all) have remained the same at peak, and in off hours it has been roughly the same as normal for off hours.This game is just a bit over 2 years old, of course it had more 2 years ago. That does not mean the current population is not sustainable or stable, because guess what? It is, and it is.I speak truth and fact, not lies and false hatred like you, someone who does not even play the game.[/quote]

So let's take at face value that you have 'checked' pop numbers, across all servers, across all realms, over the last few years. 

Then the truth should be staring you in the face. No, it is not possible for a game to have the same peak and off peak numbers across all servers, yet have shrunk by about ~60 servers to 2(assuming US) in the meantime(assuming 2 years).

-----------------------

Assuming the above, yet still looking at your statement I'm guessing you're simply not explaining yourself well enough or I'm not understanding you. It's not possible for pops to be stable yet the game to shrink, so something is off.

As for current pops possibly being sustainable/stable. I never said otherwise. What I *did* say was that since release the pop has only shrunk and shrunk. Which it has, which was obvious when server, after server, after server started complaining of pops and eventually got merged. The Frenchies being the latest of that bunch which is happening right now basically.

Population at launch and a year after was a bit higher then the past year to a year and a half, correct but since about 1 1/2 years ago the population has not shurnk, it has been stable and is sustainable.

People always complain, its a fact of life, but I stick by my scans, as they are taken from ingame with REAL data.

• GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786

-----------------------

Population at launch and a year after was a bit higher then the past year to a year and a half, correct but since about 1 1/2 years ago the population has not shurnk, it has been stable and is sustainable.

People always complain, its a fact of life, but I stick by my scans, as they are taken from ingame with REAL data.

Actual population scans? ROFL!!!! we should just take your word for it? where is this data that you accumlated over an year? post us a link or something otherwise i am calling bull*** on this one.

Originally posted by Getalife

Originally posted by spyder2k5 First off, this is based on actual population scans from within the game. Population numbers on all server(I check them all) have remained the same at peak, and in off hours it has been roughly the same as normal for off hours.This game is just a bit over 2 years old, of course it had more 2 years ago. That does not mean the current population is not sustainable or stable, because guess what? It is, and it is.I speak truth and fact, not lies and false hatred like you, someone who does not even play the game.

-----------------------

Actual population scans? ROFL!!!! we should just take your word for it? where is this data that you accumlated over an year? post us a link or something otherwise i am calling bull*** on this one.

On your merit of "we should just take your word for it", I will use that same line on you, seeing as you obviously hate the game, have not played it in quite some time, and want to start a flame war instead of properly contributing to a conversation, yes your word is much more believable then mine.
    You want numbers? I can give you numbers based on actual population scans, of a census addon, from within the game. These scans do not include hidden players that don't make themselves visible but it does give a rough understanding of the ingame population.

I am getting really tired of hostility coming from people like yourself. It really makes it hard to hold a conversation that is worth anything.

If you want numbers its easy goto: http://war.curseforge.com/addons/warcensus/ get that addon get the free trial, and do a few scans at random times throughout the day, night, weekends, for the next year or so like I have.

Population in late '09 was peaking at 700 on the busiest servers, as of '10 it was 300-500 per faction, per server at peak. That is the same as recently.

Now in offpeak hours it ranges from 125-175, and has been so for more than a year now.

I was just online and did a scan of 148 players. Now be mindful this is the morning hours, and as most players are at school/work this is expected population.

Might not seem like much to the average person, but be certain it is plenty for RvR. I have been in several battles in the past week alone that had 20-30+ players on both sides. This is oRvR, SCs pop regularly during peak hours and things gameplay wise have never been better. This includes all tiers, I have characters in all , and have had no issues finding RvR on all.

The proof is there, if you seek it out.

• Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 386

Does the population really matter to the theme park genre of games anymore. instanced battle grounds with people from other servers. Instanced dungeons withthe same. The population you see will only be in the towns. it's not like you need anyone to quest so really why ask this question. MMOs are heading towardds  the single player mentality. All anyone wants anymore is to see someone run by, know it's a person but god forbid they want to group together to take your xp/loot.

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

• GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786

On your merit of "we should just take your word for it", I will use that same line on you, seeing as you obviously hate the game, have not played it in quite some time, and want to start a flame war instead of properly contributing to a conversation, yes your word is much more believable then mine.

You want numbers? I can give you numbers based on actual population scans, of a census addon, from within the game. These scans do not include hidden players that don't make themselves visible but it does give a rough understanding of the ingame population.

I am getting really tired of hostility coming from people like yourself. It really makes it hard to hold a conversation that is worth anything.

If you want numbers its easy goto: http://war.curseforge.com/addons/warcensus/ get that addon get the free trial, and do a few scans at random times throughout the day, night, weekends, for the next year or so like I have.

Population in late '09 was peaking at 700 on the busiest servers, as of '10 it was 300-500 per faction, per server at peak. That is the same as recently.

Now in offpeak hours it ranges from 125-175, and has been so for more than a year now.

I was just online and did a scan of 148 players. Now be mindful this is the morning hours, and as most players are at school/work this is expected population.

Might not seem like much to the average person, but be certain it is plenty for RvR. I have been in several battles in the past week alone that had 20-30+ players on both sides. This is oRvR, SCs pop regularly during peak hours and things gameplay wise have never been better. This includes all tiers, I have characters in all , and have had no issues finding RvR on all.

The proof is there, if you seek it out.

I obviously hate the game? and how you guessed that? from my one post questioning your credibility and pulling numbers out of thin air? {mod edit}

Originally posted by Bruise187

Does the population really matter to the theme park genre of games anymore. instanced battle grounds with people from other servers. Instanced dungeons withthe same. The population you see will only be in the towns. it's not like you need anyone to quest so really why ask this question. MMOs are heading towardds  the single player mentality. All anyone wants anymore is to see someone run by, know it's a person but god forbid they want to group together to take your xp/loot.

The only game that comment of yours is relavent to is WoW, WAR does not work that way, at all.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

The only game that comment of yours is relavent to is WoW, WAR does not wrk that way, at all.

Well, it applies to more games than WoW, but for WAR, population matters if you are RvRing at end game, if you're doing endless trial and just doing the battlegrounds it's kind of a moot point.

Originally posted by daelnor

The only game that comment of yours is relavent to is WoW, WAR does not wrk that way, at all.

Well, it applies to more games than WoW, but for WAR, population matters if you are RvRing at end game, if you're doing endless trial and just doing the battlegrounds it's kind of a moot point.

For end game RvR the numbers are more than fine.