Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reloaded with Fun

the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

Since the NDA for ABPR is extremly laxed due to its a re-release of a failed game and the devs have been extremly open and forward with there public blogs and updates..  I wanted to make a quick thread over here on mmorpg.com cause this site is great and so are a lot of the people lurking here.

In short the new APB 1.5 is awsome

-Gun balance and TTK (time to kill) are in a pretty good place right now with maybe some small imbalances usualy overcome by range imo

-Witnessing is hilarious and fun I have even won some 3v1's with some good spawning and tactics etc

-spawning is really good for the most part right now.  Sometimes you can still get some bad spawns but honestly for dynamic objectives all over a massive city I find I always spawn pretty inteligently for the misson, further when defending closer when attacking, generaly right ontop of team mates but generaly always in a good location rarely a frustartating spawn that is annoying.

-mods drasticaly redone to include negatives, I have some reservations on the negatives / positives of some of the level 3 upgrades but I havent unlocked them yet but some that I have tried are well done, especialy the scopes.  They further define your style of play either marksmenmode or non marksmen mode favored by enhacning that mode and hurting the other mode.  Basicaly if you love marksmen mode get a hunter sight but use marksmode alot (which I do) however at super close non marks its not like your shots dont hit but you are hendered in non marks at say 20m or so.  The numbers may need tweaking on some of the items but I love the direction g1 going allowing players to grow there characters without being unbeatable by lower skilled players.  I feel stronger but a brand new hcar can easily beat me straight up etc.

-Leasing system is super coo allows you to purchase very cheap wepons and vechiles for a 10 day period but in terms of time and value they are signifigantly cheaper than before and allows you to deversafy your style and load all the time with killer modded leased wepons.  Or buy a cheap upgraded car as well I paid only 5k for a nice truck with a mobile supply unit for 10 days hardly any cash and its a free spawn car no cost ever just spawn spawn spawn get it on a roof and reload grenade the planet :P

The game has improved a lot from what it was and even then what it was was great now its super great :P

Dynamic, massive, competative, fun as hell give this game a try it will be free to play and in open beta soon worst case you uninstall, best case you become a raging fanboy like me :P

There tons of stuff to come new districts, turf wars style combat, new matchmaking with better skill ratings so you get competative games all the time for any skill level.  Everything looking bright atm check this bad boy out if you havent and if the server wasnt down right now for a patch I wouldnt of been able to tear myself away to make this thread but since it is I did and cant wait to get back in and see the new cash shop for testing

Peace

Comments

• kompleksakikompleksaki Member Posts: 81

Hope they fix the lag/fps issues that PunkBuster brought after 1.5 patch.

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by kompleksaki

So its not just me having massive lag spikes hm? my game will like, freeze up every now and then for a good 5-10 seconds.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Originally posted by azrael466

Originally posted by kompleksaki

So its not just me having massive lag spikes hm? my game will like, freeze up every now and then for a good 5-10 seconds.

freeze up or lag out ? freezing up is most likely a system side issue I was having these also on my laptop but newer NVidia drivers & updating my sound drivers appears to have fixed it.

I still experience the lag spikes along with the whole district you are in though but this doesnt freeze everything up instead I kinda keep going & then bounce back like oldschool rubberbanding for a sec.

If you are having issues but not seeing lots of people talking about the same issue at the same time in district chat then it is likely only you haveing the problem. The Punkbuster issue and server side lag spikes affects everyone in your District at the same time and people always vent in district when ti happens.

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365

Well every now and then it goes from being a game to a slide show..But eh, i removed the game awhile ago. Not my cup of tea..

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I've never experienced any lag in APB.

Not in the first incarnation and not now.

the game runs smooth as ice.  For me.

• strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

I've never experienced any lag in APB.

Not in the first incarnation and not now.

the game runs smooth as ice.  For me.

i second this.

however theres some cases of lag when the screen is a total warzone

how many players do you think are not only running the game above what their system can handle, but also has pando media leecher running in the backround sucking up all their bandwith....

imo, they need to increase system requierments, both min and reccommended,. im not sure people should be playin on a 32 bit OS...and people need to know that they need to get pando off their system, it will eat your bandwidth.