Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you "free solo" a large mountain for $5 million?

IchbenIchben Member UncommonPosts: 296

What I am trying to say is if a corporation called "The Sombra Corporation" came to you and told you "We will give you $5 million dollars if you can free solo(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_solo_climbing) the The Nose (El Capitan). The corporation will give you a year to prepare for this feat. You will stay in cabin in Yosemite national park with a few other trainers to train you. You may have visitors and you will be on film. This will be, in essence, a reality tv show, staring you, the trainers and "The Nose."

On the day of the climb you you will be given technology to allow you to communicate with your trainers or anybody else from the ground. Your climb will be filmed and if you reach the top you will receive the money. But if you mess up or slip, well, I think you know what will happen."

Well folks, what would you do in this situation. Would you risk your life by free soloing "The Nose"? As for me personally I am still on the fence. I just don't know if I would do it or not.

facebook.com/Ichben.Einberliner

Comments

• ScrimMalteseScrimMaltese Member Posts: 469

There are few things I wouldn't do for $5million.

I think that's one of them. Can't spend much of that money as a pancake. 

It would have to be over a billion dollars for me to even consider it. 

I'm extremely afraid of heights and I've been rock climbing before and it's no walk in the park. Rock Climbing is pretty hard, it wore me out about 20ft up, and I'm physically fit. 

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648

Between my fear of heights and that nasty little thing called gravity, count me out.

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

I'd make the attempt if I had my health. And after a year in training with at least one rope attempt, hopefully succeed.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I would definitely do that for 5 million.  Gives me a good excuse to fall to my death d00d

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I'd enter a gladitorial arena for 5 mil, but I would not climb that thing...

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture