Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wheres never winter knights 2?

odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

they have GW on here so why not NWN2? they are similar both more like a single player mmo...so why not?

is it just the simple fact there there are more fan boies of GW than NWN2? cuz it is a great game imo

Comments

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

http://www.nwn2.com/

edit: in fact i think i misunderstood you, you are asking why they are not nwn2 forums/pages on mmorpg.com right?

• D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269

NwN requires no subscription fee/paying content and is a single-player RPG with a multi-player option. It's not a MMORPG, this is MMORPG.com. 

As a side note, anyone who played NwN1 knows NwN2 sucks. 

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

isnt this conversation around 5 years out of date?

And it's nights not knights :/

• MundusMundus Member UncommonPosts: 237

Originally posted by D_TOX

NwN requires no subscription fee/paying content and is a single-player RPG with a multi-player option. It's not a MMORPG, this is MMORPG.com. 

1. Doesn't this describe GW as well?

2. I disagree, NWN2 does not suck. Especially the multiplayer part is better compared to NWN.
  • sazabisazabi Member UncommonPosts: 389

wow every single comment in the thread is wrong rofl.

the singleplayer campaigns in both nwn1 and nwn2 are pretty much 'place-holders' or 'demos' of what their world creating tools can do.

i mean really... do you think nwn1 campaign is good? ofcourse not, compared to many rpgs its complete shit.

go check nwnvault or whatever that site is called.

there are literally thousands of campaigns, many of them atleast several times longer than the originals.

many of them are also written much better than the demo campaigns.

many of them are singleplayer, but many of them are multiplayer as well.

multiplayer modules come in different forms as well. your classic co-op stories or actual huge persistent worlds with quests etc. theoretically that makes them little mmos by themselves.

so really... if you thought nwn 1- 2 are too short... or had lame story... sorry dudes, but you only played the demos xD

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

NWN2 is a normal MP game, like they existed decades before the first MMO, and not a MMO, therefore there is no reason it should be discussed on this site.

MMOs are a graphical and technical improvement over the old MUD games of the internet. Unlike MUDs, a MMO can handle thousands of players on a single server.

In fact there are plenty of games, like Diablo 2, where the multiplayer mode reminds much more of a MMO. At least the lobby of Diablo 2 allows quite a number of players at the same time, even if its purely text based.

One of these games, Guild Wars, is even discussed here, even if IMHO its very much like Diablo 2 and calling Guild Wars a MMO is kind of a stretch. The only MMO part is the towns and other special peaceful dwelling places. The world itself and therefore the major part of GW is an instance and allows less sharing than ordinary multiplayer games or MUDs.

The successor Guild Wars 2 however is planned to be a true MMO where the game world is actually massive and not an instance like in Guild Wars 1 and Diablo 2.

Originally posted by Mundus

2. I disagree, NWN2 does not suck. Especially the multiplayer part is better compared to NWN.

I agree that GW shouldnt be discussed on MMORPG.com. I do disagree that means we need to get even more lazy about the definition of MMORPG and introduce Diablo 2 and/or the two Neverwinter Nights games here.

According to my information, the MP part of NWN2 is more primitive and harder to use than the one of NWN1.

Originally posted by sazabi

First thing you have to make sure if you write such a comment is that you have to be sure YOUR posting is correct.

Which it isnt. How good or bad the main story of NWN1 or NWN2 are is completely irrelevant to the thread and not discussed by the OP.

Even worse you're wrong. NWN1 was planned to be a demo for an online game that would allow PnP sessions over the internet. There was no reason to have the same complaint about NWN2.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

Originally posted by Adamantine

NWN2 is a normal MP game, like they existed decades before the first MMO, and not a MMO, therefore there is no reason it should be discussed on this site.

MMOs are a graphical and technical improvement over the old MUD games of the internet. Unlike MUDs, a MMO can handle thousands of players on a single server.

In fact there are plenty of games, like Diablo 2, where the multiplayer mode reminds much more of a MMO. At least the lobby of Diablo 2 allows quite a number of players at the same time, even if its purely text based.

One of these games, Guild Wars, is even discussed here, even if IMHO its very much like Diablo 2 and calling Guild Wars a MMO is kind of a stretch. The only MMO part is the towns and other special peaceful dwelling places. The world itself and therefore the major part of GW is an instance and allows less sharing than ordinary multiplayer games or MUDs.

The successor Guild Wars 2 however is planned to be a true MMO where the game world is actually massive and not an instance like in Guild Wars 1 and Diablo 2.

Originally posted by Mundus

I agree that GW shouldnt be discussed on MMORPG.com. I do disagree that means we need to get even more lazy about the definition of MMORPG and introduce Diablo 2 and/or the two Neverwinter Nights games here.

According to my information, the MP part of NWN2 is more primitive and harder to use than the one of NWN1.

Originally posted by sazabi

First thing you have to make sure if you write such a comment is that you have to be sure YOUR posting is correct.

Which it isnt. How good or bad the main story of NWN1 or NWN2 are is completely irrelevant to the thread and not discussed by the OP.

Even worse you're wrong. NWN1 was planned to be a demo for an online game that would allow PnP sessions over the internet. There was no reason to have the same complaint about NWN2.

thx man this tells me alot!