Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turkey Players?

FlyingbottleFlyingbottle Member Posts: 47

Any Turkish players out there? What are the popular MMO there? My friend just moved to Turkey and can't play her favorite MMOs :(

"The world's still the same - there's just less in it."

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i just did a quick google search and found that Allods online, Rappelz online and metin 2 online can be played from turkey

Allods is better in my opinion (the best WoW clone ever made, also my opinion)

:)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Pretty sure this is the website for the Turkish provider of Runes of Magic, another good WOW clone. (but your friend better speak the language)

http://www.gamersfirst.com/runesofmagic/

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• nexcatnexcat Member UncommonPosts: 3

Originally posted by Flyingbottle

Any Turkish players out there? What are the popular MMO there? My friend just moved to Turkey and can't play her favorite MMOs :(

hello from turkey,

what is your friends favorite mmorpg ? we are playing all kind of mmorpg/mmo's, if it is not ip controlled like vindictus or so, those games are not playable rest of the world. 

for example ; europe is not able to play vindictus, because of ip check, europe has not liberal democrasies also.. dont go europe :)

btw we are gamers not politicians. keep it in that way please.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

knight online http://www.gamersfirst.com/knightonlineworld/ is mmorpg with a decent player base with more then 60 percent being turkish it is a fun nice game and i played it some time ago only reason i quitted is becouse i do not understand turkish.

it is a fun game focussed both in pvp and pve if you can pass the dated gfx and grind.

and on gamerfirst you have a turkish version of runes of magic named Sonzus Macera

• nexcatnexcat Member UncommonPosts: 3

and classically we are playing major mmos like wow, ofc wow is the king of the subs. based mmorpgs...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by Ihmotepp

{mod edit}.

{mod edit}. image

I'm finding these days, particularly with the F2P games what's available is based on the Developer's plans to sell the distribution rights to various vendors based on geographic location where as the larger titles tend to handle distribution mostly on their own.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• comcicomcacomcicomca Member Posts: 46

Hello from Turkey.

I would like to talk about all the major mmorpgs mentioned above.

Allods Online: Published by the company mail.ru which owns the game and the game's developer company. Mail.ru's parent company has facebook stocks. They are a pretty qualified game provider. Servers are in Turkey. All turkish player base. Game is in turkish. Incredibly cheap cash shop. You won't believe...

You can play EU or US version of the game. No IP restrictions. EU version is mismanaged and extremely expensive. US version causes lag and it's in a totally different time zone. May cause to miss all important events including dungeon runs.

Runes of Magic: IP restrictions. If you live in Turkey you have to play Turkish version of the game. Updates fall behind and company is not user friendly. Skip.

I have no idea about Rappelz Online but I have never heard anything bad about this game. Except game play is mostly about leftclicking.

Metin 2: Stay away! Immature and cheating player base with no self respect or respect to others. Game is extremely buggy and player base love to exploit. Cheating is an everyday thing.

Knight Online: Stay away. Very old primitive gameplay and buggy. Some bugs haven't been corrected since launch! Player base use bots to level up and end up losing their accounts to gold/item/character sellers. There are a few legit players left but they are minority in the game.

WoW is available.

• PhallPhall Member Posts: 54

Mythos Europe can also be played from Turkey and in a localized Turkish version: http://www.mythos-europe.com/tr/index.html