Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to try this but has the game system requirements been lowered?

Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

My system was able to run the game on low settings back at release date. I really didn't like the game back then, everything was extremely choppy and laggy, the interaface was buggy, and the game basically felt really bad. I know part of the reason why this was is my ring which is about 3 1/2  years old now in hardware.  However, I don't plan to upgrade anytime soon. (Until PSO2 release). So I just want to know if the game's system requrements have been lowered or if the game runs smoother on a  lower end machine now. 

Comments

• LowdosLowdos Member Posts: 644

Did you see the new press release for PSO2? Can't believe it, but we're finally getting a sequel!

And to answer your question, FFXIV is just an absolute system hog. My brand new rig still struggles with the load in cities, and there are certain features that will cripple performance, no matter what. I think you actually need the game to be installed on a SSD to combat the jutter you get in towns, which is crazy.

The game looks beautiful, but the engine and optimization is crap.

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

Can't speak to this game personally, but I've never seen the minimum requirements for an MMO go down.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Graphical settings are lowered. I can run FFXIV on higher settings now than I could at release. Down side though it that the GPU is stressed more than before as well...

I know I've OC's my factory OC's PU, but still, running close to 75 Celsius is the hottest I've measured so far...

• LowdosLowdos Member Posts: 644

Originally posted by Reizla

Graphical settings are lowered. I can run FFXIV on higher settings now than I could at release. Down side though it that the GPU is stressed more than before as well...

I know I've OC's my factory OC's PU, but still, running close to 75 Celsius is the hottest I've measured so far...

My 570 runs anywhere from 58-70 Celsius, at stock settings. I have a h70 on my cpu, so at least that manages to stay cool.

My temps actually go up, when there is LESS on the screen for the gfx card to deal with. Even with V-Sync turned on, it doesn't seem to make much difference. You would think - the more the gfx card has to render, the higher the load would be, but this doesn't appear to be the case with FFXIV at this point.

I think its just a case of poor optimization.