Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ActivisionBlizzard? Didn't know Blizz sold out.....

AkaroniaAkaronia Member Posts: 138

So I had the hardest time figuring out why the costumer service went so downhill on WoW until I found out that they sold out to Activision http://www.activisionblizzard.com/corp/b/aboutUs/ourCompany.html

This is an interesting concept as to why I don't like the changes made to the game.  I would think Activision being one of the biggest game industries in the world that they could have done better.  They have more money to put into WoW than any other company and yet gave out kibbles for $50 and still charging the full subscription fee.  I guess I need to pay closer attention to what is going on in the business end before I go blaming Blizzard themselves for such a bad expansion.

I loved Atari what is up??  Hope I am not breaking any rules not trying to, read them and saw nothing that is wrong in this post.  And of course everything I say here is my opinion.

Comments

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

They sold out well before Activision had them in their sights.

• lethyslethys Member UncommonPosts: 585

I don't blame them for making the game they're making, and I'd hold judgment on Blizzard's "selling out" until the Titan MMOFPS they're making comes out.

• HandsomeHussHandsomeHuss Member UncommonPosts: 100

I finally picked up Starcraft 2 today and loaded it up...as soon as I heard the menu screen music I got an instant nostalgia hit... It reminded me of the old days... the original starcraft as well as Diablo 2... I can not wait for Diablo 3 to come out - Its been too long, I really hope they announce something at the next Blizzcon. As for Starcraft 2, its the first game I've played in a long time that I just could not stop playing. I kept telling myself, "Just one more level/game, then I'm done.... Ok, one more AFTER this one." I find that it holds up to Blizzard's standards of total polish. Everything is just so...tight.

Anyways, I know I'm late to the party with SC2, so everything I could say has already been said... but I love it. Blizzard has yet to let me down with anything they've released. Its been a long time since I've played WoW, but while I did play, it provided me with years of enjoyment and some of the best MMO gaming of my MMO gaming life. I don't know why they signed with Activision... Frankly, I don't care... They're just going to keep doing what they're doing... Go Blizz!

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

It was Vivendi who merged with Activision. Blzzard was just a division of Vivendi.

• AkaroniaAkaronia Member Posts: 138

Originally posted by arenasb

It was Vivendi who merged with Activision. Blzzard was just a division of Vivendi.

No Vivendi helped them collaberate their contract their name is now Activision Blizzard not Activision Vivendi.

• AkaroniaAkaronia Member Posts: 138

Originally posted by lethys

I don't blame them for making the game they're making, and I'd hold judgment on Blizzard's "selling out" until the Titan MMOFPS they're making comes out.

That would be all good but I have not been able to play an FPS in years due to eye problems giving me headaches and stomach aches.  Otherwise I might try it :(

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

Originally posted by twodayslate
    They sold out well before Activision had them in their sights.

Aw, I was going to say this. Stay out of my head.
  • strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

It through this giant "conglomorate" of game companies that you can make the ties and connections to make this statement:

"Blizzards next mmorpg was RIFT"

follow the conglomorate trail...

Also i should point out, that ALL conglomorate and large companies have one goal in mind, selling out.  They are in it for the money.  If they could sell you pong with diffrent colors as the single color used, they would do it untill they ran out of colors.  Its not about the game its about getting you to pay them...ALWAYS.

Only the small, indy companies do things out of passion, and even then a majority of them do it with visions of selling out whenever they can.

Calling a major game developers sell outs is redundant, as it is their goal above all.

• cloudacvcloudacv Member UncommonPosts: 210

Originally posted by Akaronia

So I had the hardest time figuring out why the costumer service went so downhill on WoW until I found out that they sold out to Activision http://www.activisionblizzard.com/corp/b/aboutUs/ourCompany.html

This is an interesting concept as to why I don't like the changes made to the game.  I would think Activision being one of the biggest game industries in the world that they could have done better.  They have more money to put into WoW than any other company and yet gave out kibbles for $50 and still charging the full subscription fee.  I guess I need to pay closer attention to what is going on in the business end before I go blaming Blizzard themselves for such a bad expansion.

I loved Atari what is up??  Hope I am not breaking any rules not trying to, read them and saw nothing that is wrong in this post.  And of course everything I say here is my opinion.

blizzard sold out 6 years ago

• tholsthols Member Posts: 14

Why is it so hard for people to understand that Blizzard is a business and their goal is to earn a profit, it's as simple as that.  If you don't like what they are doing then stop playing their games.  There are plenty of other games to choose from.  The constant whining really gets old.

• TorqiaTorqia Member UncommonPosts: 73

Originally posted by Deleted User

Dont you know? Vivendi is... wait for it... ILLUMINATI!

:D i know i know.. but seriously try and look that shady company up on wiki or something.. if i ever saw a candidate for the "illuminati" brand its these badboys..

• jjjk29jjjk29 Member Posts: 295
  • cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Ehh yeah, oh well, IMHO they haven't made a single good game yet so it don't matter to me.

• P2PGamerP2PGamer Member Posts: 121

Originally posted by thols

Why is it so hard for people to understand that Blizzard is a business and their goal is to earn a profit, it's as simple as that.  If you don't like what they are doing then stop playing their games.  There are plenty of other games to choose from.  The constant whining really gets old.

People forget that ALL of our games that are owned by EA, Activision, Atari, etc are no longer games made by gamers for gamers anymore.  If the studio is owned by a major corporation, it's all about feeding cash to that company's bottom line.  It's return on investment.  The very first time a studio doesn't perform better than the previous year, the parent company will call for job and studio cuts.  You have to remember, to stock holders, unless you are giving them dividends, you are dead weight and failing, thus need shut down.  That is one of the reason's why Mythic's founder got fired by EA.  The release of WAR under-performed financially and the Mythic co-found, Mark Jacobs, was the scapegoat.  Samething happened with AoC.   The same thing will happen with BioWare if EA execs don't see concurrent subscribers in the millions six monthsafter TOR's release.  This is why games are better off left with indie companies than bought out by the big boys. 

Power to the Sheeple