Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone playing?

mesechemeseche Member UncommonPosts: 27

Hi i am thinking of playing this game again from a vary long hiatus was wondering and wondering if it would be worth it. Also any guilds out there rectuting?

Comments

• mylin1mylin1 Member UncommonPosts: 138

Depends, I went back after a year (when SOE did the 7 day free reactivate) and found that on my play time GMT+12 and my friends GMT +10 the servers were compeletly empty.  both of us lasted less tha a day

• wertaxwertax Member UncommonPosts: 68

Playing on EU time here(gmt+1) on the GUK server, on evening times server loaded,

lots of fun and groups to be found.

Try the free to play server (Freeport) 1st to see if you actually like the game, after that, look for a server,

*if one dousnt have people around during your playing time another might.

or jump to your old server,

Greetings,

Ortahr.

• d00fbysanchod00fbysancho Member Posts: 219

if you go and play the sub based part AB server is well populated i'm on that and everfrost server and there are always guilds looking for people and the towns will be desereted for the fact everyone is always in guildhalls and what not but try the free to play for a bit and see if you like it

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

There are 2 high pop sub servers left the rest are pretty dead. Or you can play on the extended server which is always packed. Still plenty for an enjoyable experiance.

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

I recently resubbed and am on Guk  always see chatter on chat and have seen ppl in everyone I have been in so far.Seems atleast on Guk the server pop is okay.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

EQ2 has been in decline for a good long while.. about now the only players are all in raiding guilds.. the few lower level toons you might encounter.. are most likely being levelled up for a specific purpose..  if your thinking of playing this game.. you definitely need to use the free trial before even thinking of buying.. as EQ2 has had a low population for a very long time.. image

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

There are plenty of people on the paid servers.  However, keep in mind that there are 90 levels and the game is 7 years old.  After 7 years, the vast majority of players are at those higher levels, especially for grouping.

EQ2 is VERY solo-friendly for leveling, so even if you're a total newbie, you can easily solo yourself to 90 in under a month (in a week if you really know what you're doing and invest time). 

EQ2 is also MASSIVE, with 5000+ quests and hundreds of zones.  So yeah, if you're looking to do something specific at level 46, chances are it'll be empty-ish.  But if you're doing just about anything from the new expac at level 90, there'll be plenty of people.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO