Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There's something I don't get...

vega151vega151 Member Posts: 57

Hello all!

New player here since Friday and so far I really enjoy it: not as bad as what I read from a lot of people so far... Okay there's a lot of work to be done but I'm enjoying the game for now :)

There is just one thing I just really don't understand, even after searching and reading about it on the net: what would be the purpose of creating multiple characters if a single one can be ANYTHING you want... Am I missing something here? Is there a ''cap'' on stats, number of classes you can learn or whatever? From what I learned you can be any class you want just by changing weapon, same goes for crafting by changing the tools...

Also if there's no real ''restriction'' like I mentionned above then the the class you're starting with doesn't really matter in the end since you will eventually be able to switch and level them all no? Can someone explaint he whole thing? Did I miss something?

Comments

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Some might like to play the different races?

• JojinJojin Member UncommonPosts: 120

Just like in FFXI addition characters allow for player convience.  For instance if you wanted to do everything, it might be eaiser to have a crafter character that never leaves town, a gather character who is out there near gathering locations and then you are free to take your fighting character where ever you wish.  Then it is just a matter of logging to a different character rather than traveling and changing up all your equipment.

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223

Some like to play different races. I have not played the game but if it is like any other MMO, they might use the extra character as a mule meaning it is a character that is just for holding items such as crafting goods, recipes, etc.. Take this with a grain of salt as I have not played the game although I want to. =p

• skeith138skeith138 Member Posts: 176

there is no restriction on how many classes 1 char can learn. but there is going to be armor xpecific soon from what i read.

like conjurer can't wear heavy armors and base on ur attribute points would also depends on what u can  actually do.

example: putting all ur stats on strength,vitality, and dexterity would more likely be a tanker but u wouldn't be able to cast

spells seens ur total mana will be really low to be able to cast up to 3 in a fight.

• xK3runexK3rune Member Posts: 100

Originally posted by skeith138

there is no restriction on how many classes 1 char can learn. but there is going to be armor xpecific soon from what i read.

like conjurer can't wear heavy armors and base on ur attribute points would also depends on what u can  actually do.

example: putting all ur stats on strength,vitality, and dexterity would more likely be a tanker but u wouldn't be able to cast

spells seens ur total mana will be really low to be able to cast up to 3 in a fight.

There are free stat resets.. so this is invalid. Class restrictions on items do not mean that you'll end up being bound to one permanently. People prolly just make em for other races or mules.

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Sorry to hijack the thread, simply didn't want to start a new one.

I have a question to the OP and people who are actively playing the game. Are there even any people online still playing this game?

Last time I tried to log in to see how the things are, there were 2 people near the quest npcs in the place where I used to see 50 and the fountain in Limsa and trade districs, once filled with people up to the level of not being able to select the repair npc were absolutely deserted...

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• LowdosLowdos Member Posts: 644
    Everyone's in Ul'dah. The other cities are deserted because of this.
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

Getting a retainer is always easier to access than a new toon.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Just starting FF14, but Im guessing that someone might want to switch servers at some point but wouldnt want to delete their old character until they are sure the new server is a good home.