Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I play this on a PS3 and I'm out

zspawnzspawn Member Posts: 410

The game is ok I have no complaints etc. the population was decreased a bit but still possible to play.

Suprisingly I'm out of the game not due to the actual game but the service behind it...

I was having fun but PSN is dead for a few days now = game is not available 

Also I cannot UNSUBSCRIBE from DCUO (or there's another way I'm not aware of?)

I lost all my trust in PSN and Sony hasn't officially announced WHY PSN is even down (or I missed it - hacked? took it down on purpose?) in the first place and no ETA on when it's gonna be back... And my 1 month sub just renewed a few hours before PSN went down so there we go...

This is completely unprofessional from their part I believe and I doubt we'll get "free days" for the lack of service even if it's a SOE game... 

Anyway it was FUN but the PSN platform for me isn't reliable enough for this :(

I'd recommend the game but not on PS3 even if it's built for it... 

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

PSN is down for everyone.  They say it is NOT a hack or due to attacks on the service.  I don't play it on the PSN,  but Hulu Plus is down for me too, for the past 3 days.

I would contact PSN customer service about the charge, just let them know, due to the service being down the game renewed automatically and you couldn't cancel.  Tell them that you don't want to do it, but if they do not remove the charge you'll request a chargeback from your bank.

Likely they'll do it if thats the case.  If its just a mistaken case of you not knowing how to cancel,  they likely won't... but you never know.  Good luck in whatever you move on to.

• zspawnzspawn Member Posts: 410

Originally posted by maskedweasel

PSN is down for everyone.  They say it is NOT a hack or due to attacks on the service.  I don't play it on the PSN,  but Hulu Plus is down for me too, for the past 3 days.

I would contact PSN customer service about the charge, just let them know, due to the service being down the game renewed automatically and you couldn't cancel.  Tell them that you don't want to do it, but if they do not remove the charge you'll request a chargeback from your bank.

Likely they'll do it if thats the case.  If its just a mistaken case of you not knowing how to cancel,  they likely won't... but you never know.  Good luck in whatever you move on to.

Yeah I know it's down for everyone...Last I heard, there's rumors going on that there's a way to exploit the store + download free games and they try to fix it... I know how to cancel my sub from my PS3 but you have to be signed in.. I'll give it a try or maybe finish up the game for one more month :(

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Ouch. That surely sux. You guys have my sympathy.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• DanbaccaDanbacca Member UncommonPosts: 247

I believe PSN was hacked. I received a few phishing emails at my default address and quickly did an internet search. I got a numerous hits about PSN being hacked (yeah I know everything ya read on the internet is not true) but, I took no chances and deleted all my billing information.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Danbacca

I believe PSN was hacked. I received a few phishing emails at my default address and quickly did an internet search. I got a numerous hits about PSN being hacked (yeah I know everything ya read on the internet is not true) but, I took no chances and deleted all my billing information.

This late into the outage, there is no excuse for SCE not telling PSN players what happened. We're nearing the week mark and all people have is speculation.

When a company won't come out and tell you what the issue is, I tend to believe there is something to hide.

My advice - before jumping to conclusions about hackers and outside sources, wait for PSN to tell you what happened.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Seems they made it official.

http://blogs.computerworld.com/18185/sony_playstation_network_status_psn_down_for_5th_day?ua

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20110423/tc_pcworld/sonymakesitofficialplaystationnetworkhacked_1

Meh,  Playstation has really been getting hit hard lately with the source code being released for the PS3 and now the issues with the network getting hacked.  

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

PS3 is SUCH a flop! Man, and I had so much fun with my PS2 for years and years; I played tons of JRPGs and fighter games, but PS3 barely has a single title I was really interested in. It is essentially an enitre waste of time. Dunno why there ever were so few cool games released for PS3 when PS2 had a legion of it. And this just adds to it.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Originally posted by Elikal

PS3 is SUCH a flop! Man, and I had so much fun with my PS2 for years and years; I played tons of JRPGs and fighter games, but PS3 barely has a single title I was really interested in. It is essentially an enitre waste of time. Dunno why there ever were so few cool games released for PS3 when PS2 had a legion of it. And this just adds to it.

I partially agree.  I loved ffx and ffxii for ps2, and a few games had an oooh ah factor, but really I haven't been impressed with an actual quantity of good rpgs since the SNES.  Same with fighting games.  Oh and GTA was also cool, though I never bought it. 

It's easily the best console of the 3, I say that not as a fanboy, just as someone who has all 3 and doesn't obsess over motion controls and fps titles.  I've actually played a lot more games for the ps3 because most good PC games are now cross platform with this gen and they weren't last gen.  Oblivion was out for consoles, where morrowind was not, etc.

• lufiazlufiaz Member UncommonPosts: 122

Originally posted by Elikal

Now now, PS3 really doesn't have as many awesome JRPGs as PS2 but it still does have some great ones recently: Eternal Sonata, Valkyrie Chronicles, Resonance of Fate and Tales of Vesperia. The sad part is FFXIII is not on my list of  must have JRPG for my PS3. Here's hoping SE can bring good old Square FF games back with XIII Versus but it's really doubtful imo.

In the mean time I'm having a total blast from constantly dying in Demon's Souls, lol. Although JRPG is my fave but this old school player's ass-kicking RPG game has totally won me. It's been ages since the last time I had to spend the whole evening to get through 1 level of a game. You really should try it too.

Back on topic, I really don't see PC and console work well together in a MMO. They both have different control and pacing. Console exclusive MMO? Why not? Multi platform MMO for both PC and console? No thanks.