Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll:Will you buy GW2 and keep another Mo sub?

darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Hi peeps,I will be pre-ordering regardless if i get into beta.

just a quick poll after seeing GW2 and as it's B2P i'm breaking my own if i don't try it i won't buy it rule,as i see no contest as GW2 is B2P so no subs so no real loss if it 's below par.

Therefore will no doubt sub to another game as well what are u guys gonna do as above no contest for me.

p>

Comments

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

No. I don't play games that aren't worth subscription fees. (read every game ever made or being made)

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Just to re-iterate the answer I've given in numerous other similar polls; I will buy Guild Wars 2, that's a given. However I will possibly try some sub MMOs (Rift, SW:TOR, World of Darkness), though I doubt I'd actually sub to any of them. Just don't think any MMO is worth a long term monetary commitment.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

No way I am paying a sub for any game ever again. I just think that the genre sucks. No game deserves even the box price. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

I will get GW2 but only after Swtor sucked me up, took my soul and spat me out again. How long that will take, I don't know.

edit: with a little luck that is long enough for Anet to implement mounts and dueling in the meantime ;-)

• BrifBrif Member UncommonPosts: 529

Originally posted by DarkPony

I will get GW2 but only after Swtor sucked me up, took my soul and spat me out again. How long that will take, I don't know.

edit: with a little luck that is long enough for Anet to implement mounts and dueling in the meantime ;-)

and don't forget two-handed axes

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Yup.  Will def be paying for TOR and playing GW2 from time to time!

• DrygerDryger Member Posts: 12

I'll sub to SWTOR and play GW2 aswell. :)

Can't wait for both of them to release!

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Why the last option? If you hate GW2 you won't even buy it, and I thought that the point of this thread was to see if people would keep a sub along GW2 xD

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Guild Wars 2 will be my primary game for the next several years.  I'll look at others after I've had my fill and maybe even play a couple.  WoD remains a tantalizing blip on my radar.  And when I'm done with those diversions, I'll be back at GW2.  It's the same pattern as GW1.  Vive le B2P!

• VegettaVegetta Member Posts: 438

I have no interest in GW2 so I will not be buying it.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

This thread is a proof of how many players are indoctrinated by the MMO genre and the P2P phenomenom...

They feel like since GW2 is B2P only that they actually are "saving" money they would otherwise spend on playing GW2 if P2P..thus they feel like they need to sub to another game otherwise they think the money are wasted or IDK ...FFS its like you bought a car -90% price so you decide to buy another one even tho its useless for you

...you know..there are other things to spent money on..

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

Originally posted by Pigozz

This thread is a proof of how many players are indoctrinated by the MMO genre and the P2P phenomenom...

They feel like since GW2 is B2P only that they actually are "saving" money they would otherwise spend on playing GW2 if P2P..thus they feel like they need to sub to another game otherwise they think the money are wasted or IDK ...FFS its like you bought a car -90% price so you decide to buy another one even tho its useless for you

Or maybe they just want variety and GW2 gives them this option by being B2P.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Pigozz

Why do you assume that those who are saying "yes"  are doing so from some "need" to sub to another game?  What if we are truly enjoying a sub game(hopefully SWTOR at that time) and we want to play GW2 as well?  We WOULD be saving money.  I can get the best of both scifi and fantasy that I crave in my games while buying 2 and only paying a sub for one.  Sounds good to me.  Over all, instead of paying $30 dollars a month I'll be paying $15 to play 2 games.  How is that NOT saving?

Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean by your post.  Enlighten me.

• rudbarrudbar Member Posts: 67

Yes, i will buy GW2 and sub SWTOR and TERA(not at the same time).

Played: SWG-FFXI-EQ2-Aion

Anticipated in order of Hype:
    ArcheAge
    GW2
    TERA
    SWTOR

Not enough info, but looks promising:
    Blade & Soul

• shadow417shadow417 Member UncommonPosts: 170

Originally posted by rudbar

OMG! i'm going to do the same... buy GW2&SWTOR and sub on SWOTOR and play TERA on the side here and there (its free anyways).

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    I will go fully head intoo gw2...

In general i only play one mmo at a time, but with both swtor and gw2 on the horizon that might change.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

GW had me in its clutches as my main game for four years solid, I can see GW2 taking over that role leaving me with little time for other games, then again it might be a case of really taking my time and savouring every moment of GW2 while having another sub game in tandem. I am looking forward to TSW and SW:ToR, it all depends on release date on those two titles and if they manage to suck me in. Either way GW2 will no doubt be my main.

• rudbarrudbar Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by shadow417

OMG! i'm going to do the same... buy GW2&SWTOR and sub on SWOTOR and play TERA on the side here and there (its free anyways).

TERA isn't free to play, no  payment model has been announced yet.

Played: SWG-FFXI-EQ2-Aion

Anticipated in order of Hype:
    ArcheAge
    GW2
    TERA
    SWTOR

Not enough info, but looks promising:
    Blade & Soul

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

I will never play another P2P MMO ever again.  GW2 will prove that a AAA B2P MMO can be enormously successful.  I hope consumers learn that a subscription isn't necessary to get quality.  I really hope that several years down the road we see more developers follow the B2P business model.  Wouldn't it be great if instead of paying $180 for one yearly subscription, you could outright buy three B2Ps out of a choice of five or so that were coming out?  It won't happen though unless people stop paying subscriptions.

GW2 isn't even out yet and I'm not going to waste any money on a subscription game to hold me over.  I'm done with them.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

There's a couple games SO tempting, I might try them out on the side for a couple months, though it's looking like GW2 will be my main... in part because it will simply be way, way cheaper to play for the next five years, than any sub based MMO.

For the morbidly curious, the games I'll keep an eye out on and see if I feel like trying them are mostly Blade & Soul, Archeage, TSW & the WoD MMO by CCP.  ... and maaaaybe SW:ToR and Tera, but only if a lot of my friends end up playing it, since friends playing an MMO is one way to lure me into it.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

TERA isn't free to play, no  payment model has been announced yet.

side topic

http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2108

Q: What is TERA's payment model?

A: The payment model will be a retail box product with a monthly subscription. Costs of both are not yet determined.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Archage + GW2 so yes.. unless archage ends up f2p....

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Did not vote. Waiting for reveiws and player feedback.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

SC2 and GW2 no montlhy fees for best games in their respective genres... hell yeah! Cheap, but good :)