Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UPDATED: Not Worth Your Money, Give It Six Months

12346»

Comments

• tikitiki Member Posts: 395

Originally posted by Cavadus

Comments like this are how I know you haven't actually played the game in the past sixty days.

Lag only occurs in groups of 8 or more players.  I just logged for the night and spent three hours grinding with two guildmates.

None of us experienced any lag of any kind.

I think many of you are confusing your machine stuttering during GFX rendering with actual network latency.  If lag means network latency to you than I'm happy to report lag is gone.

If lag means game stuttering to you I'm unfortunately report that it's only gotten slightly better.

What I meant by laggy is the overall smoothness of game play, whether it is server-client lag or very low FPS jumpiness and stuttering.  I understand that the graphics are very very good, actually my favorite graphics in any game that I have played, but I would still think that I should be able to play on the lowest settings with a GTX 280, 3.33 core two duo, and 4gb of ram.

East Carolina University, Computer Science BS, 2011
    --------------------
    Current game: DAOC

Games played and quit: L2, PlanetSide, RF Online, GuildWars, SWG, COH/COV, Vanguard, LOTRO, WoW, WW2 Online, FFXI, Auto-Assault, EVE Online, ShadowBane, RYL, Rappelz, Last Chaos, Myst Online, POTBS, EQ2, Warhammer Online, AoC, Aion, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Allods, Darkfall.

Waiting on: Earthrise

Names: Citio, Goldie, Sportacus

• ChochoDChochoD Member Posts: 12

I play rarely, but noticed that they've fixed most of the critical issues. The game looks much better and is much more playable now. That is my personal oppinion. I think they're really trying hard to make it better and now we already can see it.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Originally posted by ChochoD
    I play rarely, but noticed that they've fixed most of the critical issues. The game looks much better and is much more playable now. That is my personal oppinion. I think they're really trying hard to make it better and now we already can see it.

Optimizing the performance still doesn't fix the gamedesign-flaws...

...gear-tiers have way too big discrepancy. reduce the system to three tiers with only some 15% maximum discrepancy (strength, power, etc) between each tier. The rest should be made dependant on skills/abilities.

...guarded and safer areas has to be implemented, so that there's areas where you can do something without having to watch your back constantly. A living world with working economy needs those "carebears" -> see EvE Online for reference

...TTK is way too fast currently, a 1vs1 on equal level and equipment should never be over in 5 seconds. It should take atleast 15-20 seconds if the victim is just standing still doing nothing.

...crafting-system needs to get fixed, and the ressources should be made into harvestable nodes that can be fought over. Ressources ofc needs to come in a finite amount per time so that there's actually incentive to fight for them.

These four basic gamedesign decisions basically break the game for alot of people, and prior to release those things were constantly brought forward by the community in the forums. Masthead didn't listen at all and went with their crappy arena deathmatch instead. Go figure...

• DND17DND17 Member Posts: 2

If you want such game, make it by yourself ...

• ApegApeg Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by Yalexy

...guarded and safer areas has to be implemented, so that there's areas where you can do something without having to watch your back constantly. A living world with working economy needs those "carebears" -> see EvE Online for reference

...TTK is way too fast currently, a 1vs1 on equal level and equipment should never be over in 5 seconds. It should take atleast 15-20 seconds if the victim is just standing still doing nothing.

...crafting-system needs to get fixed, and the ressources should be made into harvestable nodes that can be fought over. Ressources ofc needs to come in a finite amount per time so that there's actually incentive to fight for them.

These four basic gamedesign decisions basically break the game for alot of people, and prior to release those things were constantly brought forward by the community in the forums. Masthead didn't listen at all and went with their crappy arena deathmatch instead. Go figure...

About safe areas -they are more than enough at the moment

About TTK - before release too many people complained that it takes 30-40 seconds even more to kill someone, now they complain that it is too short. So devs actually listened to the players by decreasing it. Now they are putting it up again

About crafting - There was never plan for harvestable resources. Devs were sharing some ideas about resources that will be sold on the market and their price will fluctuate based on number of free mines on the island.

Most people were disappointed from the game launch not because of the gameplay features but because of techical issues and early release of the game. The core mechanics are rarely critisized. I still want to see a game, that every player likes and does not critisize the gameplay, this is just not possible.

Earthrise is a great game and I am sure it will soon become competitive with the major sandbox titles.

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Originally posted by Apeg

About crafting - There was never plan for harvestable resources. Devs were sharing some ideas about resources that will be sold on the market and their price will fluctuate based on number of free mines on the island.

Yeah, that's never going to happen though as the entire community is united against it.

http://forum.play-earthrise.com/index.php?/topic/1917-should-mhs-seed-the-resource-market/

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

I do know, that there's the current players against the mines and low-end ressources being dumped into the system, but I'm speaking pre-release forums, where there was a bigger part in favour of this system.

And let's not forget, that the high-end ressources will be harvestable from mines once the territorial warfare is implemented.

However, the current playerbase that's left is only interested in the FPS-gameplay of Earthrise. There's no real interest in economy and territorial warfare, when I read the official forums. No interest of building up empires and controlling the economy etc... it's all about running around killing either mobs for ressources and skillpoints or running around and killing other players.
    There's simply no depth in gameplay wanted, and that has aswell driven away alot of players, who were interested in Earthrise pre-launch. All those ex-SWG and ex-EvE players simply turned their backs on the game, as it lacks the depth.

Here's hoping for ArcheAge. Maybe they can deliver what so many are waiting for, but I won't hold my breath there so far allthough their beta-footage looks pretty good.
    That they don't have a NDA in place speaks for their confidence however.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Adun

Originally posted by Broomy

Originally posted by camelguy

This game is complete shit. 

....Stay far away from this one folks.

^This.  I bought ER a few months ago and tried it...it was terrible.  I would log in periodically to see how the game fared.  It was still terrible.  Logged in today to see if the patch improved things....still a joke.  LAG, No direction, Poor mechanics, toxic community for the most part. 

I'm done.  Uninstalling that total piece of garbage.  And I will be letting my buddies that were interested in it know to NOT bother wasting thier hard earned cash.  This is simply put crimminal theft of player money. 

Current Games: WOW, RIFT

Lol

Current games ER .....thats not even lol that is just sad beyond belief.

I was going to reply to your eloquent post earlier in the thread where you where saying that you played DF for 20 something months before realising how bad it was. So much for your powers of observayion. Seemed to me that your perceptual bias and deep rose tinted goggles did you a dis service there wasting a large chunk of your time. It is ironic that ER actually makes DF look OK. I bet it does not take you nearly so long before you realise that ER is an even bigger turdle burger.

OP a good empashioned plea, and despite a bit of 'spin' seemed pretty honest.  I am glad they have fixed some of the technical issues but the gameplay needs a complete an utter overhaul too, fixing a few 'sploits' is just not enough. It's really quite sad, I guess the decline in your guilds numbers tells the story. One has to also wonder whether the issues are really fixed or it's the large decline in population has eased the load. 

Originally posted by Adun

Originally posted by kwai

I read some of it until it turned into a flame fest then i stopped reading and asked my question.

So there is no combat lag what so ever anymore ? , because i remember from closed beta / retail launch that you would have something like 1-2 seconds from when you hit your mouse button till you heard the shot, it was unbearable

No, there is no combat lag anymore, with even further optimizations on the GFX/netcode underway both before and after Territorial Warfare which is coming this month.

I can't help but think that once the whole server starts pitching up for teritorial battles that the lag will mysteriously return. For you guys sake I hope I am wrong.

• SaorlanSaorlan Member Posts: 289

There is just not much to the game at present. The combat is terrible, the movement is not at all smooth. There is just the usual kill x of y quests, nothing new, nothing innovative.

It is a poor mans Tabula Rasa.

• FaynthFaynth Member Posts: 237

Originally posted by Saorlan

[...]

It is a poor mans Tabula Rasa.

Thats what i was thinking...I was about getting it, but then actualy got to play it on a buddys computer. Meh, guess i will give it another year to develop.

Much like Age of Conan that made its turn to a great game also quite some time after its launch.

Originally posted by Cavadus

The only time lag starts to crop up is when I get into a battle with 8+ players in

See to me it should easily handle 8+   per side, with ease on modest hardware. That was a standard skirmish team on DAoC (though doubling up to 16 you could cause major havoc in the enemies heartand). I don't think I expect too much. Kind of answers my question above, sounds like the server is going to grind to a halt when all 50 Players pitch up to territorial battles.

Take  the patch note "items now stack" cripes can't wait to log on and try that! I would expect items to stack pre alpha. The trouble is that this game started so far down the drain it needs to still come a hell of a way to get it's nose above water. Seems unlikely it can.

Incidentally I thought MH had a hundred or so people working on this title? So while indy not that small. 

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

Originally posted by Warzod

Originally posted by Apeg

you are playing to reach top level and then fight with bosses.

I was fairly certain someone said earlier in this thread that there are no bosses to fight. Meh, it's a beef I have with recent developers. All mechanics and graphics, zero purpose. "We fight to fight!", I suppose is the motivation. Well I hope you all get you territory war sooner rather than later. And remember, just because someone doesn't care for you title... What do you think?

I think: No bosses to fight and no gnomes or elves? No dungeons? No instances? Crafting everything in the game? Sign me up!

I bought the game despite all of the negative posts here. The majority of people who troll these forums (and I do mean TROLL) are just miserable, impatient people with 0 tolerance for anything they deemed not perfect. I have yet to read one review here about ANY MMO that wasn't busted on for something.

There's enought good comments about Earthrise to warrant trying it out - especially since it's a sci-fi sandbox game. What are the alternatives?

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• ejendalsejendals Member Posts: 33

''Earthrise has no alternative in the market at the moment (sci fi sandbox land based game). ''

actually there is a good alternative named Perpetuum. The client is much more optimized, no connection problems, territorial warfare ''endgame'', full loot and much more. To my mind, it is a very good new game for a scifi sandboxer

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file