Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really hard to role play in this game...

astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

I find it really hard to role play in this game.

I play a Warrior who is reaver/paragon/riftblade. If you haven’t played the game, a character combines 3 souls.

Trouble is each of the souls have very different personalities.

I did some reading up on dissociative identity disorder AKA multiple personality disorder, and treatments for this disorder, but I haven’t made a lot of progress with my toon.

Biggest problem is that I am becoming disruptive in vent. The reaver soul and the paragon have been arguing and it really got to the point of violating the guild rules.

Other issue is farming mobs. The paragon is adamantly opposed to farming, prefers questing, while the reaver and riftblade basically want to farm easy mobs for Xp.

Anyone have any suggestions?

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

Comments

• SkuldinSkuldin Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by astoria

I find it really hard to role play in this game.

I play a Warrior who is reaver/paragon/riftblade. If you haven’t played the game, a character combines 3 souls.

Trouble is each of the souls have very different personalities.

I did some reading up on dissociative identity disorder AKA multiple personality disorder, and treatments for this disorder, but I haven’t made a lot of progress with my toon.

Biggest problem is that I am becoming disruptive in vent. The reaver soul and the paragon have been arguing and it really got to the point of violating the guild rules.

Other issue is farming mobs. The paragon is adamantly opposed to farming, prefers questing, while the reaver and riftblade basically want to farm easy mobs for Xp.

Anyone have any suggestions?

As an old RPer from Paper and Pencil days (I'm 36 now) I can tell you the current games are too hard to RP in.  WoW and Rift are made for casual gamers that name their characters PWNUFOOL even on RP servers.  That is because there is no attachment to the character because of the weird soul trees and the overall game in general doesnt support getting into character. 

My advice, find some friends and play some table top games for RP and just use nice RP names and a good backstory in this genre.  I might change my tune in guildwars2 or starwars TOR, but right now these games are paper thin in depth of character. 

Thirty years of gaming experience...not sure if I should be proud of that
    www.mmoexaminer.blogspot.com