Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online on XFire

124»

Comments

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Just for giggles (and cause it's really hard to find games that have a reliable population number)

APB reloaded beta test:

60,000 total population     1339 xfire users   ----> 2.2 %

Runes of magic: 2 year old FTP subscription numbers 

300000 total population      691 xfire users   ------> 0.23 %

http://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/search?updated-max=2011-04-21T21%3A01%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=20

http://pc.ign.com/articles/943/943135p1.html

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

Osmunda, I do not call 500 or less on a server (MO is one world) MASSIVE.  I do not think MO would call it massive either since they do not even have enough subs to pay the bills.  Or that may have changed since they have fired half of the staff.  Like I said I did two trials and people were scarce.  Massive to me means I am going to run into people at regular intervals. 

We can sit here and argue what massive means to both of us.  Massive to me means a healty and robust population.  MO is not that at all. 

As far as XFIRE is concerned, you can not try and predict a games population using it.  I have been gaming since 1997 and never touched xfire, and I do not know anyone who has.   Also Osumunda the games I play do say how many people are playing when you log in.  I am in asector right now mining in EVE that most likely has more people in it than the whole world of MO.

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

Originally posted by Moreplex

Osmunda, I do not call 500 or less on a server (MO is one world) MASSIVE.  I do not think MO would call it massive either since they do not even have enough subs to pay the bills.  Or that may have changed since they have fired half of the staff.  Like I said I did two trials and people were scarce.  Massive to me means I am going to run into people at regular intervals. 

We can sit here and argue what massive means to both of us.  Massive to me means a healty and robust population.  MO is not that at all. 

Uhhh... 'MMO' is a type of game , not an assertion of the games concurrent population.  Just cut out the middle man and criticize the game directly, don't invent word games just to give yourself the excuse.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987

Originally posted by funkmastaD

Originally posted by Moreplex

Uhhh... 'MMO' is a type of game , not an assertion of the games concurrent population.  Just cut out the middle man and criticize the game directly, don't invent word games just to give yourself the excuse.

Actually the first M (Massively) is exactly an assertion of the games concurrent population size.  What else did you think the Massively meant if not the population?

Let's see what DAWN brings though.  Henrick has said they built the capacity for 27000 concurrent users into the servers... let's all hope we get to test that soon!

I've never really been an XFire fan though.  Simply discussing it since the OP brought it up.  I agree with one of the earlier posters though.  If you are judging population in an "MMO" based on 15-25 users.. it's really saying something.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018