Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online on XFire

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Just as the title suggests, Mortal Online has been added to the list of games supported by XFire.

http://www.xfire.com/games/mrtonl/Mortal_Online/

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987

Yes, it's been on there for a few weeks I believe (at least one).  I was waiting for them to fix the developer and system requirements image

Details

Genres: Role-Playing, Massively Multiplayer Online

Release Date: 2010-6-9

Developer: Starwraith 3D Games

Publisher: Starwraith 3D Games

ESRB:

System Requirements

1 GB RAM

3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

256 MB video card

5-25 GB hard disk space

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

XFire has indeed included incorrect information.  Ever since their shakeup in the middle of last year, XFire hasn't exactly been on top of its game.  The MO CM, Black Opal, has been attempting to get them to change it, so far to no avail.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/61136-xfire-support.html

EDIT:  Support for MO was added in the XFire update dated 14 April 2011 - so exactly one week ago.

MO contnues to climb the chart and obtained it highest rank ever on April 26th!!

http://www.xfire.com/games/mrtonl/Mortal_Online/

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Let me get this straight, you think that an average user count on XFire of 22 people a day is something to be proud of?  I have no words to describe this level of blind fanboyism. 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Originally posted by Talonsin

Let me get this straight, you think that an average user count on XFire of 22 people a day is something to be proud of?  I have no words to describe this level of blind fanboyism. 

It's a niche game.. the point isn't the absolute value of the number but rather that it is trending upward.  That means it is getting more popular!  Just wait until the DAWN expansion when things really pick up!

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

http://www.xfire.com/games/darkfall/Darkfall/

Well as slapshot noted, it's a niche game. Darkfall is probably the closest match and you can see how the two compare.

http://www.xfire.com/games/perpetuum/Perpetuum/

Despite claims that the entire crimson imperiom went here.

http://www.xfire.com/games/fallenearth/Fallen_Earth/

A little further from the same niche, but still somewhat in the neighborhood.

P.s. Whay happened to the real slapshot-- you seem to be saying good things about MO?

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by osmunda

Well as slapshot noted, it's a niche game. Darkfall is probably the closest match and you can see how the two compare.

P.s. Whay happened to the real slapshot-- you seem to be saying good things about MO?

I doubt many people playing perpetuum use xfire, mainly because in order to run the normal 3+ accounts everyone has subscribed, most people end up shutting everything non-essential down for performance purposes. I do have to say, the performance even on my low-end PC is quite impressive when it comes to the big 50 v 50, 100 v 100 battles etc.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by cirsyndic

I doubt many people playing perpetuum use xfire, mainly because in order to run the normal 3+ accounts everyone has subscribed, most people end up shutting everything non-essential down for performance purposes. I do have to say, the performance even on my low-end PC is quite impressive when it comes to the big 50 v 50, 100 v 100 battles etc.

Perpetuum 100 vs 100....?

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Aside from Perpetuum, the other 3 have more players per day, but less minutes played. This would mean that the other 3 are more popular and that MO needs a lot more time to get things done :-D

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by Gdemami

Perpetuum 100 vs 100....?

Here's a ~50 v 50 fight that I was just watching, look through the rest of Moxiel's videos for the 100v100's, he does a very good job both in-game and out of the game.

EDIT:

Note, that is a 3-hour battle compressed into ~15 minutes for youtube. Over 100 kills were scored, CIR lost 5 people and had some 34+ confirmed kills.

• kastrixkastrix Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by Reizla

Aside from Perpetuum, the other 3 have more players per day, but less minutes played. This would mean that the other 3 are more popular and that MO needs a lot more time to get things done :-D

yes. and?

This is no way of messuring population. and the other games only have a few more player/day but mo still getting played alot more in time by those who play.

Also i belive by now SV is on their way to the 1500 extra subcribers they needed to make the company "go around". I know a lot of players and guilds who are going to join in for dawn. if only 20 poeple/day brouth the game they would have reached that goal since they announced it and it's a known factor many mo players dont have active accounts and are waiting for "the better mo (insert stuff needed here)" i know many of those are comming back for dawn.

But then again, those who ecpect dawn to be "the revolution of mo" will probaly have to wait abit longer. tbh i dont think mo will ever be what the people hoped for, but i know for a fact that its development pace and how the game is now is good for alot of people.

I am confident that when the revolutionary (and FREE) DAWN expansion launches in a few weeks it will meet widespread acclaim for how it breaks the mold of the traditional (themepark) expansion and opens up new and exciting avenues for sandbox gameplay.   When that happens the XFIRE population will skyrocket.  There is a reason that Henrick has built the game to accommodate something like 27,000 simultaneous users on the single server!

The other 2 have more players but they are at least in the same neighborhood, (i.e. they were all in the 20s when I posted the links)

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

The other 2 have more players but they are at least in the same neighborhood, (i.e. they were all in the 20s when I posted the links)

Which is in the same neighborhood as Everquest... 1 and Entropia Universe. Even Ultima Online scores way higher.

So I would not be bragging about this if I was you.

The people using x fire in all MMOs is a fairly small minority ( http://www.xfire.com/games/wow/World_of_Warcraft/) I don't know of any reason to presume that the xfire penetration in Perpetuum is any less than any other MMO.

Also according to some of the links in this thread  http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/438/view/forums/thread/310927/page/1 , 100 v 100 would be literally impossible.

Here's a ~50 v 50 fight that I was just watching, look through the rest of Moxiel's videos for the 100v100's, he does a very good job both in-game and out of the game.
    EDIT:
    Note, that is a 3-hour battle compressed into ~15 minutes for youtube. Over 100 kills were scored, CIR lost 5 people and had some 34+ confirmed kills.

Population weekly peak does not even break 300 people online and the population is declining ever since release...

Thus 100 vs 100 is way beyond what the game has to offer. The larger fights were exceptional events even at the time back. Yet, the community and devs decided it needs addressing and new feature was implemented to 'fix' this bad habit. Ridiculous.

Devs might be good coders but terribad game designers and business people. The game is dying.

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

EDIT:

Population weekly peak does not even break 300 people 

Ooh, any chance you can show us how you got that number?  You say it with such certainty I have to assume you're not pulling it your of your ass or just parroting what someone else said when they were talking out of their ass...  

Originally posted by funkmastaD

Ooh, any chance you can show us how you got that number?  You say it with such certainty I have to assume you're not pulling it your of your ass or just parroting what someone else said when they were talking out of their ass...  

Check the link a few posts above.

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

lmao, the x-fire links?  You know that xfire != MO, right?  Hell, I don't know ANYONE irl who uses xfire, as popular as I'm sure xfire is...

Originally posted by funkmastaDlmao, the x-fire links?  You know that xfire != MO, right?  Hell, I don't know ANYONE irl who uses xfire, as popular as I'm sure xfire is...

I see that reading is very challenging for you so there is a hand from 3 posts above:

Originally posted by osmundaAlso according to some of the links in this thread  http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/438/view/forums/thread/310927/page/1 , 100 v 100 would be literally impossible.

The PCU graph:

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/feeds/user_peak_graph_1200.png

lmao, the x-fire links?  You know that xfire != MO, right?  Hell, I don't know ANYONE irl who uses xfire, as popular as I'm sure xfire is...

I believe you are confused (perhaps with reason).  I think he was talking about Perpetuum but you responded about Mortal Online ?!?!?

Anyway folks.. let's keep this thread on topic and discuss XFIRE and Mortal Online!!!!

I FOR ONE FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT THE DAWN EXPANSION WILL REVOLUTIONIZE WHAT WE EXPECT FROM EXPANSIONS AND WILL ALLOW THE GAME TO REACH IT'S EPIC POTENTIAL AND WE WILL SEE XFIRE STATS SKYROCKET!!!!

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Anyway folks.. let's keep this thread on topic and discuss XFIRE and Mortal Online!!!!Originally posted by Slapshot1188
    the point isn't the absolute value of the number but rather that it is trending upward.  That means it is getting more popular! 

Well, from what I can read on the graph, Xfire support was implemented for MO very recently(0 users at 0,0 graph) so the number isn't really increasing as the starting point is 0.

Give it another month or two to get a trend.

Another new high ranking for MO!  It's #293 as of today and climbing!

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Anyway folks.. let's keep this thread on topic and discuss XFIRE and Mortal Online!!!!

the point isn't the absolute value of the number but rather that it is trending upward.  That means it is getting more popular! 

Well, from what I can read on the graph, Xfire support was implemented for MO very recently(0 users at 0,0 graph) so the number isn't really increasing as the starting point is 0.

Give it another month or two to get a trend.

Obviously, we should keep in mind that we're talking about X'Fire here....  :)

Still, this isn't a brand new game, so I wouldn't think the trending is likely to change a lot.  The expansion will likely make some difference, but no one has ever said that this game will be challenging WoW for the top spot.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Slapshot - I can't tell if your recent posts are filled with sarcasm or if you are actually starting to appreciate the game...

I remember you always used to be on a mission to destroy MO. I'm confused as to what is going on here lol...