Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online DevBlog Update: Writing On Paper, Launcher Revamp

2»

Comments

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by Rohn

Within the context of just the DevBlog, the writing system is the most notable feature.

So you agree then. They are fiddling while Rome burns. Same with the dream system they mentioned, pipe dreams to keep the faithful paying their bills while they ignore broken core features.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Betel

Within the context of just the DevBlog, the writing system is the most notable feature.

So you agree then. They are fiddling while Rome burns. Same with the dream system they mentioned, pipe dreams to keep the faithful paying their bills while they ignore broken core features.

I disagree, again, because the DevBlog only talks about what DevBlogs usually talk about - what that one developer is or has been doing.  As previously stated, the writing system is not the only thing Paratus is working on, and it's not the only thing SV is working on.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

I disagree, again, because the DevBlog only talks about what DevBlogs usually talk about - what that one developer is or has been doing.  As previously stated, the writing system is not the only thing Paratus is working on, and it's not the only thing SV is working on.

So you think it is sensible for a company with only 2 or 3 (max) programmers on it's staff to be spending time doing this while basic game systems do not work at all or are bugged to uselessness?

Madness or egotism. Given Henrik's new sig on the forums, it's probably the latter. How anyone can help fund his delusions is beyond me.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by Betel

Is there no irony lost on you that Paratus was a PLAYER who offered to FIX the patcher that SV wrote and as a result, became part of the team? The most pathetic thing about it, is that the patcher isn't anything extrodinarily complicated to begin with, it's something that if you can't do THAT, you shouldn't even be TRYING to make a game.

Either way, this fact is glossed over by the SV/MO fanboys and it's just entertaining since it's such an integral part of the game that they couldn't get right without help.

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Originally posted by raff01

So Paratus is still the one doing the launcher?...

nobody answered my question...