Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Role Player Servers

Hello all,

I've been away from MMO's for about 3 years now, EVE being the last one.  I haven't playd WoW in almost 5 years.  I'm wanting to get back into WoW and this time around I would love to try role playing.  I need opinions on which RP server to choose.  I would like an RP-PVP server. 

Also, for the time being I will only being playing the vanilla part of the game.  I would like to get back into the game and make sure I won't to stay and invest the time before buying all the other expansions.  Would this pose a problem that you can forsee?

Thanks

Berrik

Comments

• marquisk2marquisk2 Member Posts: 141

If you're looking to RP it doesn't matter which server since RP is pretty much non-existant on WOW.

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

I stopped taking wow lore seriously after they made Harisson Ford a part of it...

Most of the roleplayers left to seek another mmorpgs to roleplay in ( I am roleplaying in Rift atm and having a blast ). 

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

If you're serious about role playing, stay away from Moon Guard. And if, for whatever reason, you feel the need to roll there, stay away from Goldshire. You have been warned.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• Berrik.FluxBerrik.Flux Member Posts: 41

Thanks Zolgar for the information.  I decided to go with Emerald Dream.

On a side note, I see that game forums haven't changed in 15 years.  Ask a question and only a 3rd of the people actually take the time to respond, rather than just make themselves feel special by responding with a worthless response.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

If WoW doesn't work out for you I would suggest LoTRO. A smaller community but it's now freemium and has great RP from what I hear.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• fjcastelfjcastel Member Posts: 127

Originally posted by marquisk2

If you're looking to RP it doesn't matter which server since RP is pretty much non-existant on WOW.

actually role playing is non existant in any game image i have yet to find one that will make me want to really roleplay image everyone is to much in to stats and PvP image dont get me wrong i like shinny gear too but i like getting it while roleplaying. i guess i juts burnt out or something image

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Not much roleplaying going on in Scarlet Crusade.  I recommend you try Emerald Dream.

• Berrik.FluxBerrik.Flux Member Posts: 41

Originally posted by fjcastel

Originally posted by marquisk2

actually role playing is non existant in any game image i have yet to find one that will make me want to really roleplay image everyone is to much in to stats and PvP image dont get me wrong i like shinny gear too but i like getting it while roleplaying. i guess i juts burnt out or something image

The last real RP in an MMO in my experience was SWG.  And we all know the rest of that story!

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

Originally posted by skeaser

If WoW doesn't work out for you I would suggest LoTRO. A smaller community but it's now freemium and has great RP from what I hear.

Community is smaller, but it is overall SO much better than the community WoW has scraped up from the bottom of the barrell. And there are plenty of roleplaying groups in LotRO.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• haratuharatu Member UncommonPosts: 409

Originally posted by sudo

I stopped taking wow lore seriously after they made Harisson Ford a part of it...

Most of the roleplayers left to seek another mmorpgs to roleplay in ( I am roleplaying in Rift atm and having a blast ). 

WoW is a great game, but this is one of the main reasons I left it, lore is torn apart, chewed, digested, and sweated out (sweating is through smaller holes than otehr excretory methods).

Seriously. Lore is not the same as it once was, and while I was in a role playing guild I was the only one role playing at the end of Burning Crusade.

• WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495

I played on Emerald Dream most of my WoW career. For roleplay guilds I would strongly suggest seeking out the Kingship of the East. They are a hardcore RP guild and a wonderful group of people. One of the only guilds to really hold onto the RP element of the game. Should you join them tell Cendall Fost Shadex says hello. ;)

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

WoW not only has the worst RP community in mmo's, they have the worst community in general. The response on these forums is nothing compared to the flaming and pure nonsense in WoW. So, goodluck in choosing to come back to gaming with the worst choice in a mmo possible. 

BTW, the above is not only just a personal opinion, it's based on the fact of WoW's lawsuit history due to their lack of moderation of their chat channels in-game by parents. You can argue about the parents' actions all you want, but their winning with out-of-court settlements speaks volumes. 

• honourswordhonoursword Member UncommonPosts: 82

Not sure if you are in the US or EU. I roleplay on the EU servers and Argent Dawn is the most heavily populated and has got some great RP. Just avoid Goldshire like the plague.

Defias Brotherhood is perhaps more to your needs as it is an RPPVP server and does have some good RP.

If your on the US servers then I can't help you sorry.