Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Purchase Question

jimmydatwinjimmydatwin Member UncommonPosts: 68

If I purchase a retail code online does it matter if it is for a EU or NA box.  Can I still register it to a NA account if it is a EU Box.  If anyone knows the answer please let me know.  I found it for less than $10, but just want to be sure I can register it to a NA Account before I purchase it (would be a Standard Edition Retail Box code not a Buddy Code).

Thanks,

Jim

Comments

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Originally posted by jimmydatwin

If I purchase a retail code online does it matter if it is for a EU or NA box.  Can I still register it to a NA account if it is a EU Box.  If anyone knows the answer please let me know.  I found it for less than $10, but just want to be sure I can register it to a NA Account before I purchase it (would be a Standard Edition Retail Box code not a Buddy Code).

Thanks,

Jim

EU = EU

NA = NA.

If you want to play on NA servers you will need a NA retail key.

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • jimmydatwinjimmydatwin Member UncommonPosts: 68

K TY does anyone know where I could purchase a NA key online nice and cheap.....Not willing to pay more than $20 for this game in its current state, but willing to give it a try if it is cheap.

Thanks again,

Jim

• KyrocKyroc Member Posts: 70

Originally posted by Miles-Prower

Thanks,

Jim

EU = EU

NA = NA.

If you want to play on NA servers you will need a NA retail key.

There are no regional servers

However, if you are NA, you are better off with an NA account because I believe you have to go through a lot of hassle setting the game up if outside the designated region

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

K TY does anyone know where I could purchase a NA key online nice and cheap.....Not willing to pay more than $20 for this game in its current state, but willing to give it a try if it is cheap.

Thanks again,

Jim

There are no official online retailers AFAIK. If you decide to buy a key online you will be doing so at your own risk. Caveat emptor.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• ikkenoikkeno Member UncommonPosts: 67

yes there is a difference. Another tip for you is, dont buy any of the codes. FF14 is not a very entertainin g game.

- Nothing lasts.. but nothing is lost. -

• Pengy20Pengy20 Member Posts: 59

Thanks again,

Jim

Granted you said you were looking to get it online. The gamestops in my area(VA) were selling the NA version for 19.99 this past week with some sale.

"That's ludicrous. Are you seriously suggesting that I get better at the game in order to compete?"-Random Failure in the Global Agenda Beta forums.