Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift World Event Problems

lethyslethys Member UncommonPosts: 585

Even though I thought it was a good idea, I didn't realize that this free weekend was taking place during some World Event.  Because of the number of trial accounts running the game and already in-game during the time when a World Event ended, many players said they could not get into servers, and that lag and other issues affected those that were in the servers.  That kinda sucks for Rift.

source

Comments

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Yeah the event in general wasn't that great.. Phase 1 was nice with the increased death rifts and source stones for 2 weeks.. You were able to get some neat prices with that.. Phase 2 was also pretty cool with all the huge bosses spawning in each zone, i was tanking a boss in scarwood while also tanking around 30 defiants.. Phase 3 was garbage, involved running to silverwood to watch a cinametic and lagging in a death of AoE's vrs 100000's defiants.. All and all phase 2 and 3 just wern't thought out good enough.. First, they only lasted 2hrs, on a free weekend, so ofcourse this would involve tons of que times and server stress..

Anyways, trion promised to make up for it by offering the acheivements from the events to everyone and also giving out some quest that has a chance to randomly spawn 300x source stones, an 18bag, spectral horse, and the spectral warhorse mount.. Which sounds good to me.. Plus i got my lv 30 spectral weapon cache which offers me some rly good weps :)

I had a blast on rift today, but not mainly because of the event.. Rift all and all is just a solid game for me, i spent most my time today doing war fronts and had a blast doin it :)

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

I never got into the last 2 phases of the event. (Not sure about the time, a bad case of wifeaggro and all.)

I heard from guildies that the experience was rather underwhelming. But Trion seems to be on top of it: Event wrapup.

I really like the fast response, they ARE a different kind of MMO-developer. :-)

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• El_LionEl_Lion Member UncommonPosts: 154

Indeed, the wrapup makes up for the flaws bigtime. I'm really happy about Trion's work. Again, for those who missed the above link

The wrapup: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?167307-River-of-Souls-World-Event-Wrapup

Eaglix

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Originally posted by El_Lion

Indeed, the wrapup makes up for the flaws bigtime. I'm really happy about Trion's work. Again, for those who missed the above link

The wrapup: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?167307-River-of-Souls-World-Event-Wrapup

ya I mean this is a first time go at something like this and Im sure they knew they wouldnt make everyone happy.  What theyre doing goes a long way in correcting this. 

I think they learned that nobody likes random number generators especially when its required that you be at a specific place at a specific time which you may or may not be able to go to.  So with that, theyve given theyre subscribers this quest where they can do this at their own liesure while still retaining the rarity of the mounts etc. basically giving people "less" to bitch about.