Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Somehow these 23/7 farmers in EVE are avoiding being banned.

evemaster00evemaster00 Member Posts: 171

aishary - chinese name

mansol

frozyt

minxoo - korean/chinese name

aankhy - chinese name

konfetkina - lot of russian/chinese hits on google

skabener - russian hits

sheder - chinese female name

And there's 1 more too, but I didn't get the name. These are a group of 9 miners (7 in T2 barge, 1 orca, 1 impel hauler)  - They change systems daily, but they never stop mining. Apart from the 30 minute downtime they don't logout,. The only time they are not mining is during the 30 minute downtime and when they are moving several jumps to a different ice field. They somehow think that switching systems daily makes them not get noticed.

These guys are either botting 23/7 or there is multiple people involved taking shifts in doing the work, in either case it's against the eula and they're probably doing it for RMT purposes. Considering they are using chinese names i'd say they probably are using slave labour in shifts. The question is how does CCPs uber new security team fail to catch them considering they are mining 23/7. The switching systems is another dead give away, they just change from 1 minmitar ice field to the next minmitar ice field on a daily basis, the type of ore they mine is always the same, Glacial Mass. There's no viable reason to switch systems other than they are trying to hide the fact that they mine 23/7 from players.

I only posted this here because on the EVE forums the names would be removed, but seriously, why protect these guys?

Comments

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

23? what do they do for the hour they ain't farming? lol.  Sorry, just had to comment on that.  If they're bots I'm pretty sure its 24/7 and no companies really don't 100% care as its still getting them money from paying customers and besides, more stuff in the market = better supply for the players.  Sure its frustraiting if and when they overprice things but sometimes they don't do that knowing that people simply won't buy from them.  Personally I would just ignore the fact they're there and be glad there's plenty in stock for people to buy.  If they bother ya that much, consider ganking them :-P

imageimage

• evemaster00evemaster00 Member Posts: 171

23/7 because EVE is down for half an hour a day for downtime, if you want to get technical, they mine 23.5/7

You can find them right now in the Emolgranlan system, in the ice field there. That's the new system they just moved to straight after downtime. I've been checking up on them for many days and they never stop mining except during downtime and during the 15-20 minutes it takes them to move to a different system with an ice belt.

Easily ganked by 2 smartbomb battleships. 7 mack kills in one explosion, they're in Emolgranlan ice field now, a 0.5 system. 3 battleships if you want to be sure to get their pods too.

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

Originally posted by evemaster00

23/7 because EVE is down for half an hour a day for downtime, if you want to get technical, they mine 23.5/7

yeah, don't worry, I was just goofing with ya, but my comment in regards to it still stands.

imageimage

They're gonna mine that system they're in now until downtime, if anyone suicide ganks them, please post pics!

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

They're gonna mine that system they're in now until downtime, if anyone suicide ganks them, please post pics!

Whats it worth to ya : )

Originally posted by qazyman

Whats it worth to ya : )

Well if you were to post a screenie of them in the belt (before and after screenshots) of the gank on the EVE anti-bot thread I bet you'd receive the gratitude of many EVE players.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Did you report any of them to ccp for violating the EULA or exploiting?

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    they dont get banned if they dont break the EULA farming 24/7 is no against the EULA, you just install eve on a PC and put shift in places there is no way for CCP to proof that they share accounts, ice mining is slow so one person can take care of several accounts very easy

BestSigEver :P

Originally posted by cosy

they dont get banned if they dont break the EULA farming 24/7 is no against the EULA, you just install eve on a PC and put shift in places there is no way for CCP to proof that they share accounts, ice mining is slow so one person can take care of several accounts very easy

There's one dead give away that they are either botting, or account sharing, both eula breaking activities. They use an impel to haul for all 7 macks and the impel is going back and fourth to the station non stop 23/7. The impel can't stop for a break from hauling or he would fall behind instantly. The impel warps in, picks up the ore from the Orca and within 30 seconds he's out of the belt and docking again, drops of the ore, and immediately returns to grab another load.

So either someone has the gift of never needing to sleep and is able to handle playing a computer game hauling, docking and undocking over and over 23/7, or a bot is being used. Either that or the characters are being played in shifts by more than 1 person, and if that was the case they'd be breaking the account sharing rule anyway.

Add in the fact that they're using mainly chinese names and switch ice belts every 24 hours and I think it's quite obvious that they're doing something dodgy, and they're trying to hide it by switching systems daily.

• Slider7Slider7 Member UncommonPosts: 75

Evemaster....

Then create a petition to the GM and have them look into...posting it here isn't going to get any results.

Just something to think about.

-Slider7

Looking for that next MMO

• Gardavil2Gardavil2 Member Posts: 394

Of course they will avoid a ban, or at the most a day or two and back at it.

CCP has considered Mining (as a profession and activity) to be suitable only for bots and macros for a few years now.

CCP has zero respect for players like me that wanted to be full time Miners in EVE.

It doesn't matter what CCP's staff say on the forums, in EON, or at the fanfest, their actions and decisions about bots and macros speak louder than words.

Good luck reporting them but don't hold your breath. CCP is making money. Their point of view is that if the bots and macros bother you, blow them up... more pew pew.

(I just got done re-subbing and I saw the situation for myself, from what I saw the bots have indeed increased in numbers since I last sub'd about a year and a half ago. It is bad enough now that I made a decision to never re-sub to EVE and to no longer support them with my posts on any forum. Bots and Macros do not belong in any MMO and it's time CCP stopped toying with the players on this issue.)

I am the Player that wonders... "What the %#*& just happened?!"
    "I Believe... There should be NO financial connection or portals between the Real World and the Virtual in MMOs. "
    __Ever Present Cockroach of the MMO Verses__
    ...scurrying to and fro... .munching on bits of garbage... always under foot...