Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's Play: Ask Neume, Producer for APB Reloaded!

jmerriexjmerriex APB Reloaded ProducerMember Posts: 149

Hey all,
I've been frequenting a number of different communities doing this and just realize I haven't yet done one of these here. :(. SOOOO Here I be! I will openly admit I won't be able to answer every questions but I'll try to answer as many as I can! So here goes! Ask me anything!

~Da Neume

P.S. Proof I'm really me!

http://twitter.com/#!/G1Neume

www.apb.com

Twitter:
@G1Neume

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/APBReloaded

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Will APB finally let me buy hookers, beat them to death, and take my money back?

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• bluedragonnnbluedragonnn Member Posts: 118

Any plans to change any of vehicles majorly again?

Also; Any plans to do a closed beta tester version of this "Ask Neume"?

Originally posted by Turdinator:
    Wow. So many great points made in that post. You are a fine addition to the Athiest movement my good man. Keep up the good work and post as often as you like. It sounds like you have important/intelligent things to say.
  • jmerriexjmerriex APB Reloaded ProducerMember Posts: 149

Originally posted by GTwander
    Will APB finally let me buy hookers, beat them to death, and take my money back?

We talked a lot about GTA type mechanics. We're not totally sure that the specific mechanic you're speaking of will really add to the game. We do want to add pets we are currently referring to as "b#$%!es". These would be men or women who look hot and improves the look of your car when you are "showcasing".

www.apb.com

Twitter:
    @G1Neume

Facebook:

Sorry you asked 2 questions so you're out! j/k :)

Originally posted by bluedragonnn

I'm not sure what you mean. We are working on a bunch of new kits.

NO! I mean... well we talk a lot with the CB Testers on the forums already.

www.apb.com

Twitter:
    @G1Neume

Facebook:

• exal_onlineexal_online Member Posts: 3

1. Are there still plans to have expansions for APB? Zombies/Racing?

2. Are there any upcoming contests to give away more Beta keys via Twitter/Facebook?

3. Will premium subscriptions be monthly based or on a point system that you will purchase?

4. How many character slots are there in the current beta, and how will this change during launch/premium subscriptions?

• dreamssdreamss Member Posts: 18

one of podcasts mentioned that you wanted to take away the power away from skilled players to even the playing field with less skilled players. why not just separate them so they dont face each other

any plans for 4v4 and 8v8 only districts? let matchmaking fill the groups.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by jmerriex

Originally posted by GTwander

We talked a lot about GTA type mechanics. We're not totally sure that the specific mechanic you're speaking of will really add to the game. We do want to add pets we are currently referring to as "b#$%!es". These would be men or women who look hot and improves the look of your car when you are "showcasing".

So can these pets be hookers in your stable where your their pimp and you throw them out in the streets to make money for you which you collect at the end of a hard day of playing nearly identical boring missions which have no substance playing against 1-5 opponents who usually have time to set up camp and pick you off for the usual 2-5 minutes that they last?

Originally posted by exal_online
    1. Are there still plans to have expansions for APB? Zombies/Racing?

We are talking about expansions already but we're not yet focusing on them. We have some ideas (The Spy Who Robbed Me being my favorite) but are more concentrated on getting live.

2. Are there any upcoming contests to give away more Beta keys via Twitter/Facebook?

No, we're days away from open beta at this point so we won't be inviting more people to the closed beta.

3. Will premium subscriptions be monthly based or on a point system that you will purchase?

Monthly. I have no idea what that other thing you said is...

4. How many character slots are there in the current beta, and how will this change during launch/premium subscriptions?

I won't talk about the current beta but in the open beta build players are limited to 2 characters. Additional character slots will be available for purchase for a one time price per slot up to 100.

www.apb.com

Twitter:
    @G1Neume

Facebook:

By vehicle changes I mean both radical changes to how a vehicle performs, and also more customization options (spoilers mainly) for other vehicles.

You may talk to closed beta testers alot on the forums, but do you do Ask Neume there to? :]

Wow. So many great points made in that post. You are a fine addition to the Athiest movement my good man. Keep up the good work and post as often as you like. It sounds like you have important/intelligent things to say.

Originally posted by dreamss
    one of podcasts mentioned that you wanted to take away the power away from skilled players to even the playing field with less skilled players. why not just separate them so they dont face each other

I don't recall saying that. I recall saying something more along the lines of: we want to balance the game so that gear isn't the make or break for winning. Meaning, just because you are of a higher level doesn't mean you should be able to 1 shot kill everything in your path.

Additionally we are working on a new skill rating system that will move low skilled players into their own bracket so they are not trounced by high skill players. We want this to be more of a skill based game and less of a grinder.

Originally posted by dreamss

any plans for 4v4 and 8v8 only districts? let matchmaking fill the groups.

No, nothing that small. We are looking at 10v10 racing districts maybe. Additionally we think the Asylum will end up being closer to 30v30. We're also planning to implement a queuing system. That will allow clans to challenge other clans.

www.apb.com

Twitter:
    @G1Neume

Facebook:

By vehicle changes I mean both radical changes to how a vehicle performs, and also more customization options (spoilers mainly) for other vehicles.
    You may talk to closed beta testers alot on the forums, but do you do Ask Neume there to? :]

We're not planning any more radical changes to vehicle performance (outside of the new mods (new name for upgrades). We're generally happy with them. We are creating a number of new kits with spoilers.

As for the CBT Forums, I answer a bunch of questions there on a daily basis. Not sure a Q&A is need :).

www.apb.com

Twitter:
    @G1Neume

Facebook:

We want this to be more of a skill based game and less of a grinder.

If this is true then why did I hear you guys are nixxing the skillset server?If you want it to be a skill based game rather than a grinder you should remove levels and the whole having to grind out ridiculous amounts a faction and kills to just be able to aquire a weapon with a slot or 2 in it.

Also would like to know if there are still plans for a chaos ruleset server?I hope so because I heard you guys were canning that also which I hope not.

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

when will the new progression patch notes be released on the blog I am very interested to see what you guys have done to the upgrades and the progression system.

Some players are all about pure skill but for me its the rpg upgrade choices and unlock progression that keep me playing and I got high hopes for the new system love to read all about it.

We're not planning any more radical changes to vehicle performance (outside of the new mods (new name for upgrades). We're generally happy with them. We are creating a number of new kits with spoilers.

As for the CBT Forums, I answer a bunch of questions there on a daily basis. Not sure a Q&A is need :).

Alright cool, well my final question before I leave you to the rest of these guys; Any plans to rebalance LTL (Less than lethal) to match the new TTK for other weapons?

• TwoLiterTwoLiter Member Posts: 3

Is there an ETA on EAST coast servers?

Originally posted by TwoLiter

If a dumptruck griefs and no one is around to see it does it still make the dumptruck driver a major asshat?

Or if a Dumptruck runs over someone in the woods does chat still hear a sound (of QQ'ing)?

• TwoLiterTwoLiter Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Asheram

Originally posted by TwoLiter

If a dumptruck griefs and no one is around to see it does it still make the dumptruck driver a major asshat?

Or if a Dumptruck runs over someone in the woods does chat hear the QQ'ing?

I C wut U did thar.

Originally posted by the420kid
    when will the new progression patch notes be released on the blog I am very interested to see what you guys have done to the upgrades and the progression system.
    Some players are all about pure skill but for me its the rpg upgrade choices and unlock progression that keep me playing and I got high hopes for the new system love to read all about it.

This is a difficult one since it is referring to vast changes. For the most part the progression with contacts have changed. We converted the 6 rank design into 10 ranks. We haven't increased the amount of standing needed to get to the max rank though. Additionally we've spread out the rewards through the 10 ranks so that you no longer feel like you have to get to 6 to be rewarded. Most of the time when you rank up, you'll gain something.

Pureskill died a horrible death. Players for the most part didn't really understand the *WHY* behind pureskill. It was meant to be a band-aid while upgrades were being fixed. It didn't fix the problem. The new upgrade system (now called modifications) is going to be in the 1.5.0 build and it now allows upgrades to have downsides and also allows us to add new upgrades a lot easier than before.

Finally, we have said about 1 billion times that we ARE doing Chaos Ruleset (renamed Turf Wars) and are hoping to have that ready for launch.

www.apb.com

Twitter:
    @G1Neume

Facebook:

• exal_onlineexal_online Member Posts: 3

More questions!! <3 I really wish I was in the Beta becuase i'm sure i'd have a whole lot of different questions then.

1. Is there a list of current vehicles we can see in game? How many are there?

2. How are "clans" handled in game, and are there any benefits to joining one?

3. Any idea how much the monthly subscription will be for premium?

4. Are there "safe area's" in which you can /dance or whatever characters do when they aren't shooting eachother?

5. How has the latest patch been with attempting to reduce griefing with vehicals?

Alright cool, well my final question before I leave you to the rest of these guys; Any plans to rebalance LTL (Less than lethal) to match the new TTK for other weapons?

I just want to recognize that I saw this question, I don't have a response to give it however :(.

www.apb.com

Twitter:
    @G1Neume

Facebook:

I just want to recognize that I saw this question, I don't have a response to give it however :(.

That makes me a sad panda, but oh well thanks for the answers you could give <3

• DaitenguDaitengu Member Posts: 442

Here's a question:

Will G1 Credits be usable for APB? Like in using them to pay for the monthy sub.

If so, will I be able to get game cards instead of have to use a credit card or paypal?

I only ask because I'll only use gamecards on F2P games. *wears tin foil hat*

Originally posted by the420kid

This is a difficult one since it is referring to vast changes. For the most part the progression with contacts have changed. We converted the 6 rank design into 10 ranks. We haven't increased the amount of standing needed to get to the max rank though. Additionally we've spread out the rewards through the 10 ranks so that you no longer feel like you have to get to 6 to be rewarded. Most of the time when you rank up, you'll gain something.

Pureskill died a horrible death. Players for the most part didn't really understand the *WHY* behind pureskill. It was meant to be a band-aid while upgrades were being fixed. It didn't fix the problem. The new upgrade system (now called modifications) is going to be in the 1.5.0 build and it now allows upgrades to have downsides and also allows us to add new upgrades a lot easier than before.

Finally, we have said about 1 billion times that we ARE doing Chaos Ruleset (renamed Turf Wars) and are hoping to have that ready for launch.

I am kind of curious as to why it sounds like you are saying the "players" didnt see the "WHY" behind it?Did you open up 2 different types of servers one with both rulesets and monitor the population on both or are you just refering to some vocal forum users?Because it sounds more like something you cant monetize as much as you would like and are trying to place " the why" on the players to me. 

1. Is there a list of current vehicles we can see in game? How many are there?

We'll have a pretty exhaustive list on our community site when it launches next month. Also several fan sites will have this information as well.

2. How are "clans" handled in game, and are there any benefits to joining one?

At the moment there isn't but we have plans for clans in the near future.

3. Any idea how much the monthly subscription will be for premium?

Yes.

4. Are there "safe area's" in which you can /dance or whatever characters do when they aren't shooting eachother?

It's call the social district :P

5. How has the latest patch been with attempting to reduce griefing with vehicals?

We're just in QA with the 1.5.0 update so we'll have to wait and see.

www.apb.com

Twitter:
    @G1Neume

Facebook:

Originally posted by Daitengu
    Here's a question:

Will G1 Credits be usable for APB? Like in using them to pay for the monthy sub.

If so, will I be able to get game cards instead of have to use a credit card or paypal?

I only ask because I'll only use gamecards on F2P games. *wears tin foil hat*

Yes! In fact you will only be able to use G1 Credits to purchase on the Armas Underground (the APB Reloaded store).

The only game card you will be able to use in game will be PaySafeCard (www.paysafecard.com) who sells cards for us through-out NA and EU. You can go to their website to find out more.

There are a few other game cards that we accept and you can use on our website including Walle Card and the UltimateGameCard.

www.apb.com

Twitter:
    @G1Neume

Facebook: