Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you play this game if...

GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523

Would you play this game if the new development team eventually fixed all the issues, added a lot of content, and essentially delivered the quality you expect from a Final Fantasy game, all the while doing an entire promotion while re-releasing the PC version with the PS3 version?

I'm curious what it would take for people to come back to this game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not playing right now and wont until there is actually content. If you choose no DESPITE the fixes, how come?

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
-Narcissism: check.

Comments

• sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606

It would be great if they could fix this game I did love  FFXI... I gave FFXIV a month of solid playing and felt like I was getting no were. crafting was just running dailys constantly you had to craft to execptional levels to craft equipment for low levels. NO AH! wtf is that all about god that pissed me off more than anything trying to sell things or buy things are murder. lol I did enjoy the harvesting mini games though those were really cool I think hot and cold was nice change to the right click node to harvest. however I think they should make a auto loot button for harvesting or allow one to play the hot and cold game since some people like the harvesting consept and some dont. Free characters would be great having to pay for extra chr slots is just stupid. anyway I think Id give it another shot if they could fix alot of the game.

• DecadentiaDecadentia Member Posts: 464

Id likely play now if I could find a copy for cheap. (Prefer to download/get a buddy key)

• ultrastoatultrastoat Member Posts: 172

Originally posted by Decadentia

Id likely play now if I could find a copy for cheap. (Prefer to download/get a buddy key)

Gamestop is doing a sale right now. I picked up a copy for 20$

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Only the future will be able to tell if they are able to salvage this game. I will have to see results though, because it will take true fixes and lots of content to get me and my friends to jump back into this game for real.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

If they fixed it AND had a new server so I wouldnt be playing catchup to people that have a year head start on me.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I voted no, the reason being is... well it's to late. The Secret World, SW:TOR, GW2 are already on there way. Several single player games I've been looking forward to are nearing launch as well. The changes I see needed just aren't in the cards as there simply is not enough time left for them to make the necessary changes to get me to play and stay. 

FFXIV was a wasted opportunity at this point imho. I mean most of what FFXI offered and people loved will be in other eastern styled games that have just came out not to long ago and will be comming out in the near future. Games people have been waiting on are almost here. 

I just don't feel they have the man power or the talent to pull off a miracle. If they had listened to us back in CB, listened to the players durring initial development, listened well at any time before the universal sigh that was heard around the world after launch they might have been able to pull threw in time. It's to late as far as I'm concerned. 

They may make a huge turn around, who knows I mean I guess miracles can happen but.... I have games I'm looking forward to a great deal more and I'm not willing to take a chance on a failed game that hopefully has changed enough for me to enjoy it when I have other games on the horroizon that offer things that are far more appealing to me. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

I currently play the game on a very casual basis despite its issues. It's very unique. And since I don't requrie things like quests some of what players construe as content issues don't apply.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

I would like to see the results first, but knowing Square Enix they would mess it up even worse.

IF they fixed it, and that's a big IF, I might play. MAYBE.

IF I felt like forgiving them for ripping me off when I bought FFXI. MAYBE.

IF the original makers of FFXI and FFXIV gave a public apology for being rip-off artists. MAYBE.

IF they didn't allow the horrible abomination of a game called Fantasy Earth Zero to profit off of the Square Enix name. MAYBE.

That's a lot of IFs and MAYBEs.

• AliothAlioth Member UncommonPosts: 236

If the development team  fixed all the issues, added a lot of content, and delivered the quality we expect from a Final Fantasy game, wouldn't that make the game pertty freaking awesome? If this happens many, many, many people will join/rejoin. But it won't :(

• GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523

Originally posted by Xero_Chance

I would like to see the results first, but knowing Square Enix they would mess it up even worse.

IF the original makers of FFXI and FFXIV gave a public apology for being rip-off artists. MAYBE.

IF they didn't allow the horrible abomination of a game called Fantasy Earth Zero to profit off of the Square Enix name. MAYBE.

FYI FFXI wasn't a rip off and at one point they had over 1.2 million players which puts it at one of the most populated P2P MMOs. For some people. it wasn't their playstyle, but in no way do they need to apologize to anyone for it, if you took the time to get into it and past the slow startup it was a fantastic game.

FFXIV, well they already made a public apology for that.

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
    -Narcissism: check.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by GPrestige

Originally posted by Xero_Chance

FYI FFXI wasn't a rip off and at one point they had over 1.2 million players which puts it at one of the most populated P2P MMOs. For some people. it wasn't their playstyle, but in no way do they need to apologize to anyone for it, if you took the time to get into it and past the slow startup it was a fantastic game.

FFXIV, well they already made a public apology for that.

Well, I will have to jump in here and say that the billing system from FFXI was a rip oO. There were numerous issues caused by it and a few lawsuits came from it. At one point if you canceled your account and decided to come back months later you had to pay for the months you were innactive to reactivate lol. There whole billing setup attempted to rip people off one way or another and the complications many had with it kept FFXI from growing larger than it did. 

Now with that said, the actual game itself... well no there is no need for anyone to appologise for that. The game was great and this is why so many stuck around despite the horrible, horrible billing fiasco lol. 

• sdeleon515sdeleon515 Member UncommonPosts: 151

From what I remember most of the lawsuits themselves stemmed from pretty much "idiotic" charges. The most prominent one was for SE cancelling an account that was not paid for. As far as other lawsuits, there were few for SE not having a website to allow for cancellation as well as hacked accounts being billed despite request of actual owner requesting a "stop payment". In fairness most of these refusals stemmed from SE's initial harshness of proving identity via the key codes. 

As far as what killed FF11 (since most ppl have their own opinions) were

1: initial response to RMT's (that lead some ppl to leave and go to WoW)

2: control of economy and inflation when it first hit (remember those 20M haubies?)

3: LFP + Grind = New Game...Let's face it most DRK's know this all too well.

4: Endgame and then what?I mean there's a limit to endgame and then what do you do after that?

5: Sage Sundi...that alone was probably the biggest issue for both FF11 & 14.

As far as FF14 goes, I think its the lack of community as well as inuitive gameplay; the gameplay is closer to a throwback of older mmo's like Ultima or EQ. At any rate, most players wouldn't really care what it's a throwback to as they've gotten used to a specific set of gameplay. Naoki Yoshida has done a lot recognizing and addressing this but yea, they're playing catch-up if anything. 

I  think FF14 had tons of potential and literally wasted it., the hype, excitement, loyal fan base and the momentum. I think more game developers should take a book from EvE-online and be more responsive about th player/community as well as (*sigh*..hate saying this part)  WoW's approach to making a game more intuitive but not neccessairy with its same level of ease though. 

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

I voted no, because I don't trust the developers/publishers any longer. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

I HOPE THIS GAME DIES

THEY KILLED MY FIRSTBORN

SQUARESOFT

FF7

SAKAGUCHI

RAMBLERAMBLE

etc

50% voted yes? Interwebs high-five!

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

No, squaresoft has lost their edge and needs to find it again. This quote says it best:

"Right now, we're thinking about it in a way-too complex way. It used to be that our creativity could run free because we didn't worry about the end result. We could just be original and creative, and whatever came of it was original and creative,"

"Now, we're becoming too concerned about marketing and all these other aspects, and that's limiting us right now. There's this saying that essentially means that 'you're crossing the bridge and checking every stone while you're crossing it' -- that's how I feel development is right now"

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/34174/Final_Fantasy_Developer_It_Used_To_Be_That_Our_Creativity_Could_Run_Free.php

He is probably talking more about the newer single player SquareSoft games, but I feel ike the company as a whole has really been abusing their fans for a while now.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath