Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CB3 System requirements

xcvx73xcvx73 Member UncommonPosts: 33

Acording to  the oficial korean site www.archeage.com here are the system requirements to play in the closed beta 3 phase :

OS  : Windows xp sp3 (32bit)

CPU : Core 2 Duo

RAM : 2 GB

HDD Space : 30 GB

VIDEO CARD : GEFORCE 8 SERIES/ RADEON HD 4000 SERIES with 512 Mb memory

Comments

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Crap!!! What about us gaming on a pent 4 with Geforce 6800s!!! Need a damn super computer to play this damn game!

BOOYAKA!

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Dude you can't play anything newer on a pentium 4 with geforece 6800s. Time to step up man, my duel core amd with geforce 9800 has trouble with some newer stuff.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Wow. low minimum specs. not bad.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Fake... ?

Or has beta not been upgraded to using dx 11.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• KanubisKanubis Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by Phelcher

Fake... ?

Or has beta not been upgraded to using dx 11.

It's plausible. The Crysis games are created as technological showpieces, so they're going to push the engine to the limit and the min specs for one of those games will therefore be higher than the base minimum the engine needs.

That said, have you ever tried to play an MMO with just the minimum spec? It's inevitably a slideshow, but the companies get away with it because the game still technically runs...

• SnarkRitterSnarkRitter Member Posts: 316

As expected from a game using later cry engines, this system requirement is acceptable for single player game, not so much for MMORPGs, mass PvP will be impossible for most people.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Well, considering that cryengine 3 was created to perform great on consoles and produce great visuals there, it is natural that it will under-utilise high end PCs. Of course in an MMO setting that means that you're getting good visuals with lower requirements, or at least lower than what cryengine 2 would require.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

DX 11 is a hardware standard as well, that is why I think those specs are fake.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226

It's not fake. Here's the page the specs are from:

http://www.archeage.com/cbt/guide

The specs are low because CryENGINE 3 is very scalable, like Unreal Engine 3 (which powers TERA).

People with cheap PCs will be able to play ArcheAge, it just won't look as good as it should. ;)

• PainbringerPainbringer Member Posts: 63

I would assume that "Core 2 Duo" would include the entire line of Core 2s (1.8GHz and higher), as well as equivilant dual core CPUs from Intel and AMD.

• rlhegirarlhegira Member UncommonPosts: 36

What i am more interested in is 30GB hard drive space needed. That is quite alot current WOW is somewhere around 20GB Darkfall is about 10GB, With Rift being about 9 GB.  For a game just launching/In Beta that is either alot of content or some serious sound tracks.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by rlhegira

What i am more interested in is 30GB hard drive space needed. That is quite alot current WOW is somewhere around 20GB Darkfall is about 10GB, With Rift being about 9 GB.  For a game just launching/In Beta that is either alot of content or some serious sound tracks.

Thats alot of content that this game will have at launch. ArcheAge is going to break the barrier and go beyond anything that was even thought possible. 

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

You're forgetting that WoW uses like 25x25 textures for their models. WoW has ZERO graphical "intensity". It's time all these new kids on the block wake up & realize WoW was only one game, and is NOT the standard for the industry.

ALL MMO developers need to take the approach that Dice is taking with Battlefield 3. Stretch the current hardware limits for people who want Omega High graphic settings, but have it scalable down to the point that EVEN a shitty xbox 360 or a PoS3 can run it & still look beautiful.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• rlhegirarlhegira Member UncommonPosts: 36

I never said World of Warcraft is the most demanding or largest. I just used it as a reference since everyone know the about size and content in WOW, I also mentioned Darkfall and Rift for that reason. As far pushing Hardware to the max i agree with you there. But unlike Battlefield 3 and most single player games the size and lenght of production between a MMORPG and FPS can not even be compared. What was cutting edge technology 5 years ago when they started these MMORPG projects is common tech now.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

I never said World of Warcraft is the most demanding or largest. I just used it as a reference since everyone know the about size and content in WOW, I also mentioned Darkfall and Rift for that reason. As far pushing Hardware to the max i agree with you there. But unlike Battlefield 3 and most single player games the size and lenght of production between a MMORPG and FPS can not even be compared. What was cutting edge technology 5 years ago when they started these MMORPG projects is common tech now.

Actually they can be directly linked. FPS are some of the industry standards in terms of pushing PC hardware to the next generation. The new DICE engine that Battlefield 3 is running off took them over 4years to produce. It was an upgraded prototype of the version that ran Battlefield 2, but has gone through some amazing radical changes in the past 2years.

It's the very same thing with MMOs, the only difference is that FPS gaming companies are learning to make engines that will produce their future products FOR them in modular fashion. Allowing a greater variety, and a MUCH more robust engine to be used.

Unfortunately for the MMO genre, Cryptic attempted this with their "Hero" engine (I forgot its real name), and FAILED on their FACES when they tried to produce anything OTHER THAN a super hero MMO. This is because their engine was too narrow in scope, and was initially designed with the "SuperHero" franchise in mind. The end result is StarTrek Online, a massively instanced horribly piece of linear crap. Something that Star Trek is NOT supposed to be.

But I digress, cookies anyone :)?

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226

The install space is how much is needed to install, not play. You need twice the space to install than to play. Why? Simple: the installer has to extract all its files from the original, thus it needs two times the installer's space.

The game, once installed, probably is 15gb.

• PoliticaldadPoliticaldad Member UncommonPosts: 134

P4's aren't dead yet, and they can play some newer games....(snicker) ISH

I run Rift with low render on and all sliders on minimum.

Abit IC7-Max3 mboard

P4 3ghz

4gig Ram (3.25ish) Dual channel (32bit sys)

3850hd sapphire ATI 512mb AGP

x2 HD in raid 0

and alot of fans for cooling..... ATI card is as hot as my Dell 5100 laptop

So if this game has the flexibility of Rift ..... maybe we can play too.... :)

• ShealladhShealladh Member UncommonPosts: 90

Originally posted by Politicaldad

P4's aren't dead yet, and they can play some newer games....(snicker) ISH

I run Rift with low render on and all sliders on minimum.

Abit IC7-Max3 mboard

P4 3ghz

4gig Ram (3.25ish) Dual channel (32bit sys)

3850hd sapphire ATI 512mb AGP

x2 HD in raid 0

and alot of fans for cooling..... ATI card is as hot as my Dell 5100 laptop

So if this game has the flexibility of Rift ..... maybe we can play too.... :)

Yep. Learn to config your hardware and it runs for ages without much upgrading.

More about how it's put together and working well than the latest greatest hardware!

• EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326

Crysis 2 runs smooooth as butter on my PC which is a gt8800, 3 gigs of ram, 32bit vista, 3 ghz dual core 2 duo.

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

The reported system requirements are legit, however if you use a comp above just above the minimum requirements, don't expect smooth graphics. Its like Unreal 3 engine, when correctly optimized to a game it runs on 10 years old comp, but the graphics are of doom 2.

• mercnetmercnet Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by cyress8

Crap!!! What about us gaming on a pent 4 with Geforce 6800s!!! Need a damn super computer to play this damn game!

LOL.

No, you just need one better then your mom's gateway. Core 2 Duo with a GeForce 8 series and 2 gigs of ram is not a super computer. In fact, that is considered an entry-to-mid level gaming rig.

The cost of the minimum specs are average cost on the PC market today. In other words, someone working at McDonald's can afford a computer with those specs.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by mercnet

Originally posted by cyress8
    LOL.
    No, you just need one better then your mom's gateway. Core 2 Duo with a GeForce 8 series and 2 gigs of ram is not a super computer. In fact, that is considered an entry-to-mid level gaming rig.
    The cost of the minimum specs are average cost on the PC market today. In other words, someone working at McDonald's can afford a computer with those specs.

Heh, was kidding about that. My comp contains an i7 920 @4.1 with 8 gigs of ram and a radeon 5870. Can't let my rig become slow when it comes to gaming. ( Going to upgrade soon also. )

BOOYAKA!

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

Crysis 2 did not release with DX11 support...

• ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061

Originally posted by Mannish

Thats alot of content that this game will have at launch. ArcheAge is going to break the barrier and go beyond anything that was even thought possible. 

Dude  30 gb doesnt mean the actual size of installed game. It is going to be probably around 12 to 15 gb but for extraction of files you would need double the space. As far as breaking barriers, hear that a lot before,  i will believe it once i get my hands on actual gameplay.