Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting anew.

ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350

I did play eve a long time ago. I tried to get back into eve with my old account but alas it seems i spent all my isk and im trapped in lowsec with a -10 rating on my behind. While the char has over 25m skill points. I just do not have the investmant to fix that char up.

So well I plan to start anew. It has been over 2 years since I last played eve and I know there has been alot of change in that time. Im gonna take a different approach this time, prob actually do some pve (gasps) till i get some good skills. I just have a few questions.

1: Is Caldari still the king of pve?

2: Is doing missions actually profitable as i gain skills for better ships.?

3: Missles or lazers?

Comments

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Im  just a week into the game...but why dont you just keep your character and pretend your new and do whatever you want?

• DaggerjaydoDaggerjaydo Member UncommonPosts: 121

Jesus christ, play the old character you fool!

I would eat your children for those skill points. (my main has 13m~)

It would be STUPID to just start over unless you were rolling an alt to play along with your main. (dualboxing)

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

It would be foolish to start over if you have a char with 25mil SP. Doesn't that translate to over $150 in sub fees? An plus you have anyone that may attack you think you have more than that because of its age.

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

It doesn't take much time or ISK to rat yourself to -2 sec status you could do it in 3-4 days depending on how much you play, just grab a bomber and find a quiet constellation and chain a few systems. Start in the first system and kill a BS/HAC rat then jump to the next system kill one there and and so on.

You get an increase in sec status for each unique kill per system every 15 mins so as long as you don't go back to the start for 15 mins you get a fresh increase for each rat you kill instead of hours and hours of killing rats and only getting a boost every 15 mins.

A stealth bomber can ninja rat just about anywhere in EVE and there are huge areas that are almost empty apart from station systems, you can rat it back up in a fraction of the time it will take you to get 25m SP back.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

Depending on how you distribute that 25mil SP, i'm suggesting you reactivate it and start fixing your sec status.

No ISK? start to rat, fixing your sec status along the way.

On your questions:

1 - yes, but minnies are right behind it

2 - yes, 0.0 ratting/plexing is better though.

3 - i would say arty/ac. But after getting into all types of weapon systems, anything will do ('cept blasters though). It all depends on where you mish/rat/plex.

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350

Of what i know off the bat, my char has maxed gallente and ammar battle ship, very good armor defences and yes I can use a stealth bomber but my torps are not that good. I belive I have maxed out battle cruisers also. can use both ammarian and gallente t2s.

I can try to rat but im quite locked out in tama with prob a battleship i can sell for some isk. just not much to play with.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Starting a new character when you have a 25m character is insanity. I would either (a) just rat your sec status up to normal, or (b) sell the character and buy a new one.

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Originally posted by lzanon

Of what i know off the bat, my char has maxed gallente and ammar battle ship, very good armor defences and yes I can use a stealth bomber but my torps are not that good. I belive I have maxed out battle cruisers also. can use both ammarian and gallente t2s.

I can try to rat but im quite locked out in tama with prob a battleship i can sell for some isk. just not much to play with.

you can fly through high sec in a pod fairly easily, so just go to a larger low sec area and fight there. if you have a cloaker you can cloak through high sec with out too much trouble

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

Sell the BS, get a few T1 frigates (no need to rig them). And start ratting away.

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

Originally posted by Nicoli

you can fly through high sec in a pod fairly easily, so just go to a larger low sec area and fight there. if you have a cloaker you can cloak through high sec with out too much trouble

No you cannot cloak, if your sec status is below the threshold of that systems security status and the Navy chase you it causes you to get a message informing you that the pursuing ships have jammed your cloaking device when you try to cloak.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Train up an alt and get the alt to bring you ships and supplies. Walking away from 25M SP for the sake of a week or two of sec repair seems a bit unbalanced.

Dont use a BS for ninja-ratting; it will die in a fire. The Stealth Bomber idea is a good one, and they're excellent ships in general, well worth training up a bit further.

Lo-sec has been boosted since you left and the belt spawns are better now - you even get occasional BS.

Sec status works like this: you get the sec boost from the best rat per 15 minute window per system. So what people do it jump into a system, kill one "high value" rat, go to the next system, kill another, etc. Each time you jump to another system, the 15 min delay is reset.

Also: have you considered joining a pirate corp? They wont care that you're -10, and pirating can get you some income.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350

I did try piracy for a while, and well its not me. I know Tama and its surrounding area is just suicide with the activity it has (well back then)  Im gonna have to find another place to rat., However  I know caldari hates my guts for killing the militia which makes ratting their enemies a plus. Ill give it a month to see if I can slowly work things out. I guess prob making an alt to make some isk would be a nice idea.