It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
So, being the MMO lover that I am, still finding myself picking up a Comic from time to time ( I turned my young son into a Batman Reader ) Dark Knight Series my favorite, wish they would publish for my Color Nook, but I digress. I purchased Legacy Pricing, because I was sure SOE would make a great MMO title. I'm comming from EQ, EQ2 and SWG, and even though many of you dont care for SWG, Ive kept my account active for these past 7 years, because I like portions ( SPACE, player houseing ).
I purchased DC Universe, having not seen it in action, in beta etc. HUGE mistake. I didnt realise the User Interface was the same as a CONSOLE game. The Chat was not user friendly. And the fact that I was told in the DC Forums that I needed to play the game using a CONTROLLER. I only ever pick up a controller to play Halo, Crysis. Not in an MMO. In an MMO, I want to click on a person, and send them a tell. I want to type /zone, Area, etc to speak with others in zone.
The combat in DCUO is pretty great, even though you only have one bar, and can't put you damn Soda in the slot that you want, and you attack a barrel or fire hydrant instead of the target you want to hit. And again, when you say something in the DC forums, your told to, " Learn to Play" , " This isnt your old man MMO", and "If you don't like it, just leave, Canz I has yor Stuff"
Im an MMO fan, haven't played many that I didnt like at least something ( Even subed RF Online for a time) . And I don't think theres such a thing as a bad MMO, everyone likes something different. However, that being said, I will never purchase another 3 month sub for a game I was stupid and did'nt read up on first. DC Universe Online is a CONSOLE game that wants to be an MMO. And for the life of me, I do not understand why SOE would make PC users adhere to a console style UI, when they dont even play on the same servers.
As I said before, I don't think there is a bad MMO, all of us are looking for something different in a pastime. Hoewever, if you are an MMO player and have thought about picking up DCUO while you wait for another MMO to go live. Theres a few things you should kow bout this MMO, before you plop down the cash for the game and for the LEgacy pricing, or even god forbid, a lifetime sub.
1. The UI is not user friendly, unless you plan on using a Controller.
2. The character creation portion is very lackluster, if you are used to game like Star Trek Online, SWG, Champions or City of Heros.
2. The chat system, even though they just updated it, is still not good if you like to chat with folks.
3. The community in the DC forums don't tend to be very helpful when it comes to any changes you would like to see.
5. And, except for possibly 2 servers, the rest are barren to a point that if you crete a new toon on one of these 2 servers, you are mostly alone brecause the folks that are already on the server have long ago moved to higher level stuff. Why play an MMO alone? You might as well break out Batman: Arkym Asylum.
These are just my opinions, and you know what they say about opinions.