Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan - Age of Renewal [Blog]

AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Some AoC news (partial quoted below) read more here: http://templeofxotli.blogspot.com/

The interesting part is about the comboskipping changes! Makes for an interesting read, check it out if you are thinking about coming back to the game or wanting to catch up on what is coming.

Crowd Control Changes:

This change will affect the PvP side of the game, and I feel it is really much needed, the weight of the CC in the game mechanics at least for PvP it's just to heavy, most of your time while PvPing will be spent under the effect of CC being it a major one or a minor one, despite the new AA Anti-CC it still makes the experience not enjoyable.

Accordingly with the few information provided the major pace of this change will regard the "melee cc" due to the possible introduction of an attack before the execution of the skill, this will somehow affect the gameplay of the melee fighters, especially for a class like the Barbarian which is relying on the CC.

It will be interesting to see:

1) How will they work on the resistances to the CC especially for the Silence, which will be reviewed again;

2) How much melee will be affected by the change;

3) How much casters will have benefits/penalties from this changes.

Animation Rework:

When FC speaks about "The exploit we are not supposed to talk about" they are clearly referring to the comboskipping.

This change will aim directly to delete or at least reduce the occurrence of this exploit, by fastening the animation speed and by removing the root effect at the end of the combo (HoXes rejoice you won't be stuck anymore while using PoIF) they'll make the PvP much more dynamic and frenzied, faster combos will be harder to skip (if it'll be possible at all) and again this will affect badly all the classes that are "abusing" or take insane advantages from this "exploit" (Barbarian, Conqueror and Bear Shaman are the first coming to my mind).

Let me be clear anyway, FunCom classified the "Comboskipping" as an exploit, it is of course a practice which is on the very edge of the "Legal play" it is unfair by definition because male can skip better than female, because class X can skip better than class Y, but actually not Comboskipping will make your effectiveness in PvP far below the average.

This will be a really interesting change, and i'm absolutely looking forward to see what they'll do.

Comments

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

oh look they are fixing 2 things i told them about in BETA. only how many years later?

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

I know you are, but what am I?  :P

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

I am glad to see more content is being rolled out and cant wait to see what the expansion will be later this year.