Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decent PvP Game Besides EVE?

lethyslethys Member UncommonPosts: 585

Is there a single good PvP game available?  Literally one?  I can't deal with EVE Online, been unsure whether to try it again or not but it's just so damn overly complicated, really not looking to do that so much.  Love all the ideas like politics, etc. but hate the execution.  Besides that, are there any decent PvP games?  I've played the following:

WoW---Not a fan of Arena or running BG's all day long

WAR---Would have been good without instanced BG's, more class balance, three factions

Aion---The grind is absurd. Got to around lvl 26 and put it down

Guild Wars---Only good game I've played, just never bought all the expansions.  Don't want to relearn the game, rather start anew.  I played it years ago.

EVE---Boring, extremely complicated, maybe I'll give it another try.  Love all the ideas of territory control, politics.

I'm not looking to play a game from 1999 where the graphics cause my eyes to bleed.  I think I'm probably gonna be forced to wait until TERA and GW2 but it just makes no sense that me, a person willing to shell out $15 a month, can't easily find a game to suit my rather basic requirement of a somewhat balanced, decent graphics PvP MMO.  I don't care about sandbox, theme park, etc.  I just want to be able to join a guild and PvP with them for something.

Comments

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

If all you care about is the PvP then you can try World of Tanks, Bloodline Champions or League of Legends.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

DAOC.....best faction vs faction game ever.

• FolbyOrbFolbyOrb Member UncommonPosts: 357

You could try Aika.

Caveats: 1) You may not like the grind, though it's not too grindy; 2) some people can't stand the Pran system; 3) it's F2P.

Playing | GW2
    Wanting | Pantheon
    Watching | Crowfall
    Retired | WAR, Cabal, MO, CO, SHK, WoW, FFXIV: ARR

• elthznd901elthznd901 Member UncommonPosts: 44

Trust me.. from someone with long term experience.  There is no other beast out there in the pvp world that compares to EVE.  Territory control, politics, espionage, the rise and fall of empires.. its quite amazing after you look back at it all..lol  Get yourself in a good corp.. get a little experience.. become part of one of the major players and at least get that experience.  If you are dead set against EVE.. I recently have been trying out Fallen Earth and its a refreshing change from all the wizards and wands crap out there..lol  The pvp I cant comment on yet but the people who enjoy the game seem to enjoy the pvp from what I have been seeing. 

• elthznd901elthznd901 Member UncommonPosts: 44

Originally posted by parrotpholk

DAoC is the only other pvp game I can fully recommend.  DF is good but the community shite so you have to reach out and join a good clan.

DAOC was quite the game of its time..

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

I would give League of Legends a try, if you can get past the overly ass-hat community there is an amazing game there with good RPG elements but boils the entire RPG experience down to a 45 minute (hopefully less) match between two teams.  I've been trying Bloodline Champions more recently, the community "seems" better, but it seems like a lot less people play that than LoL.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

When did you last try Aion? The grind wasn't very bad at launch, and after all the tweaks they've made to the system, it's laughably easy to level up now.

<3

• PuciekPuciek Member UncommonPosts: 41

Originally posted by elthznd901
    Trust me.. from someone with long term experience.  There is no other beast out there in the pvp world that compares to EVE.  Territory control, politics, espionage, the rise and fall of empires.. its quite amazing after you look back at it all..lol  Get yourself in a good corp.. get a little experience.. become part of one of the major players and at least get that experience.  If you are dead set against EVE.. I recently have been trying out Fallen Earth and its a refreshing change from all the wizards and wands crap out there..lol  The pvp I cant comment on yet but the people who enjoy the game seem to enjoy the pvp from what I have been seeing. 

True that, there is no mmo with classis mud pvp model. Thank god, some muds are still alive and kicking (for example duris http://durismud.com/)

@op: it's boring because you didn't bother to understand it. Before that it's boring indeed.