Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anti-WoW gamers

Comments

• xxHanoverxxxxHanoverxx Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by Mr_Wolfx

People mainly dislike WoW because in many gamers opinions WoW stagnated the mmorpg genre as a whole.

How about blaming the other companies for trying to cash in on the success of WOW and stagnating the MMORPG genre as a whole?  Why blame the successful guy for all the clones?

In response to the OP, I've come back to WOW since playing vanilla and am enjoying the hell out of it.  I think a lot of people who play WOW do not come to these forums.  

• meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

Originally posted by superdfc

I've played WoW for years and loved it. Game review websites, critics, and players have found the game extremely enjoyable, and the evidence is the ammount of subscribers Blizzard has. The game is fun, packed with content, hilarious at times, full of lore, and very deep.

Years ago, before I could play the game because my parents did not let me pay for a subscription fee, I harboured anti-WoW sentiments even though I knew little of the game. I thought the game was for "nerds" or people living in their parent's basement and my classmates frequently joked about it (This was during elementary school, so don't give me grief). I didn't understand what the game was all about, didn't know how good it was, and always thought that games like Runescape were king in the MMORPG district. 

I've noticed that on this website WoW has a remarkably low rating compared to how good it actually is. I feel that there's a lot of distaste towards WoW because people believe their MMORPGs are better, have never given WoW a try, etc. I'm getting tired of people dissing WoW and complaining about things like grinding for reputation (which everyone seems to call out despite the fact that WoW's grind is so much less time consuming than most MMORPGs out there). I suspect that many players are jealous that they cannot play WoW (as I was) or tired of their favourite games being beneath WoW. This jealousy has resulted in WoW scoring at 7.73 on this site, which is lower than most games that aren't out yet, and about the same as much worse games like Maplestory (Essentially one big grind with little or no purpose).

What are your thoughts on this?

For a young person who is probably in high school, you write well and are coherent.  You seem to be educated...that strikes me as odd for a WOW player.  But MMO players are typically more intelligent than your average citizen.

Anyway, I played WOW for a long time and was in love with the Shaman class....elemental and enhancement.  Unfortunately, Blizzard was not!  After several years I finally filed for divorce and will not look back. 

I know shaman will never be competitive in PvP for the duration of the game....so why waste my time.  Everything else about WOW was fine....just the unadulterated bias against shaman!

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

WoW is the Facebook of mmo's.  If the OP or anyone actually and seriously claims to have enjoyed it for years, I happen to think that that is code for sitting in a capital city waiting for your WF Queue to pop.

But to each their own; a well-developed lobby-system game with cute merchandise, but a mmorpg it is not.

...and then you have those people who think their opinion is the only truth there is....and how is WOW not a Masively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game?  :)  

Elitests are just as annoying as the haters.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Rabble-rabble-rabble! (south park lol)

If you havn't caught on by now that mmorpg.com isn't the best place for pro-WoW discussion, than I don't know what to tell you :P 

Obviously not everyone dislikes or even hates the game, but there are enough, and most of them would probably visit sites dedicated to all MMO's too (just as you would), so that 7ish score makes sense and is actually pretty high considering, even though player scores mean nothing on this site anyways (always get skewed beyond repair one way or another).

If you don't like hearing/seeing/reading opposite and conflicting opinions about your favorite game than it's simple - talk about it on sites dedicated to that and nothing else, that's the only way you're always going to see people who feel and think the same towards it.

Same is true for every single game listed here too.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Originally posted by xxHanoverxx

WoW is the Facebook of mmo's.  If the OP or anyone actually and seriously claims to have enjoyed it for years, I happen to think that that is code for sitting in a capital city waiting for your WF Queue to pop.

But to each their own; a well-developed lobby-system game with cute merchandise, but a mmorpg it is not.

...and then you have those people who think their opinion is the only truth there is.  For someone who thinks they are so smart, you obviously dont realize what MMORPG stands for.  If you did, you would clearly see that WOW is a (i'll try to translate so you understand better) Massively (that means big), Multiplayer (that means more than one person), Online (means you play it on the internet), Role-Playing (you know, its a game that has quests, charaters that you level up, etc), Game (something you play).

Yeah, nice try with that edit there, but "role-playing" doesn't automatically mean quests and levels.  That is what Blizzard has conditioned developers to believe in order to attract the common tasteless gamer.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by Kyleran

@OP. Sounds like WOW is your first and perhaps only MMORPG. 

Hmm... Not sure how you assumed this. I've played Knight Online, Maplestory, Guild Wars, LoTRO (though not for very long), Flyff, Rappelz, runescape (god I spent too much time on that one), Kingdom of Loathing (if this even counts), Cabal Online (I hated it and quit pretty early), Drift City, League of Legends (not sure if this really qualifies as an MMO), and Vindictus. 

Is WoW my favourite MMO? But even if I quit for, say, Guild Wars 2 (which I plan on doing), I will still recognize it as one of the best games of all time. 

And to Causs, sure you may not like the game, but there has to be a reason. Maybe you find repetetive activites extremely dull, or you just aren't the type to play an MMO. But whatever, I'm not trying to convince you to like it. I'm just talking about how many people unjustly dislike it. 

Ahh.. you've confirmed my theory then, you've not played any of the traditional MMORPG's which helped form the opinions of most of the posters here on these forums.  Compared to most of the titles you've played, (F2P trash for the most part) WOW must seem like heaven to you.

For those of us raised on UO, DAOC, EQ 1/2, Lineage 1/2, AC,AO and a host of other P2P games, we've seen game mechanics come (and go unfortunately) which we compare to WOW and find WOW lacking.

Doesn't mean a horde of people don't favor WOW, they certainly do, but for most of the members of these forums WOW is not the pinnacle of our gaming experience, but in fact is more of an appeal to a broader player base by eschewing the mechanics we feel make a better MMORPG.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Zulbas

Streamlined questing. Again, I understand the reasons for it, but I definitely preferred questing pre-Cata in Azeroth. Now, more than ever, it feels like grinding while doing quests. It's just too linear for my liking. It's true that it allows for better story telling, but leave that to Bioware please. You suck at it. No hidden quests, or very badly hidden...  It takes away the exploration. I remember in vanilla I tried to explore every cave I could, just to see if there's anything there. While most of the time the only thing I found was that every cave looked the same, there we're some quests you could get that way. Now you will never go somewhere unless your quest - oh, sorry, your map - tells you to.

-Zulbas

This is BS.  You are free to pretty much go and explore anywhere you want.  If you only do whats currently in your quest map, THAT IS YOUR CHOICE.  I've up and visited new areas in the middle of a quest chain many times and come back later.  I've spent hours just roaming around the map, seeing what there is to see....nothing is holding you back from doing that except stumbling upon an area that is simply too difficult for your current level and full of one-hit kills for your character.

This also goes for all the posts that claim all you have to do is sit in the city and level up doing dungeons, etc.  THAT IS YOUR CHOICE if you do that.  If you don't like quests, or any of the other things there are to do, then maybe WOW really isn't for you after all.

If you choose to sit in one place, or to follow quest chains, again, that is your choice.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by twodayslate

...and then you have those people who think their opinion is the only truth there is.  For someone who thinks they are so smart, you obviously dont realize what MMORPG stands for.  If you did, you would clearly see that WOW is a (i'll try to translate so you understand better) Massively (that means big), Multiplayer (that means more than one person), Online (means you play it on the internet), Role-Playing (you know, its a game that has quests, charaters that you level up, etc), Game (something you play).

Yeah, nice try with that edit there, but "role-playing" doesn't automatically mean quests and levels.  That is what Blizzard has conditioned developers to believe in order to attract the common tasteless gamer.

This is simply a matter of perspective. Some think RPGs should be a PnP experience where you "role-play". However, others view RPGs as game which have character progression and story (which is normally delivered through quests).

You can't say RPGs are only the former or the latter. There is a wide range of RPGs  from games like Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/Planescape Torment through Neverwinter nights through the elder scroll series to games like Diablo/Sacred/Dungeon Siege. All these are RPGs.

MMORPGs are commonly defined as one persistant world with role playing elements be it quests/ character progression/actual playing of roles etc.

Cik_Asalin is contradicting himself by saying WoW is the facebook of MMOS but then he concludes that WoW is not an MMO. I would say that very few, few people share his opinion that WoW is not an MMO.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Originally posted by fivoroth

This is simply a matter of perspective. Some think RPGs should be a PnP experience where you "role-play". However, others view RPGs as game which have character progression and story (which is normally delivered through quests).

You can't say RPGs are only the former or the latter. There is a wide range of RPGs  from games like Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/Planescape Torment through Neverwinter nights through the elder scroll series to games like Diablo/Sacred/Dungeon Siege. All these are RPGs.

MMORPGs are commonly defined as one persistant world with role playing elements be it quests/ character progression/actual playing of roles etc.

Cik_Asalin is contradicting himself by saying WoW is the facebook of MMOS but then he concludes that WoW is not an MMO. I would say that very few, few people share his opinion that WoW is not an MMO.

Yes, there are multiple definitions, but what this game trains people to believe is that quests and leveling are the ONLY definition.  The majority of the pro-wow posters in this thread have highlighted that point nicely.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by fivoroth

Actually people can and do say when a game strays far enough from the traditional, popular definition of what an MMORPG or RPG is for that matter.  In fact, when Diablo came out, many folk said it really wasn't an RPG game, as it strayed heavily from the format of game such as Baldurs Gate.  Same with GW's, most folks including the Dev's don't classify it as an MMORPG.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by AKASlaphappy

Honestly I can say I really really dislike the Zealots more than anything else on the face of the earth! They have made it so I will never play another Blizzard game online ever again! I know when I get Diablo 3, I will just play with my friends or solo. Since I know if I play online there is a good chance one of those zealots finally might make me snap and go on a shooting rampage.  Just kidding, although it will make it so I quit online gaming altogether so I do not have to deal with them ever again. That is how much I dislike the Blizzard Zealots. 

In a similar boat here.

I like WoW, although I don't play it anymore.  But it's not because I disliked the direction it was going, how entertaining the content was or the subscription fee.  It was because once at end game, there's no choice but to group with miserable scum if I want to continue playing.  Even guilding up for raiding content started making me want to jam a screwdriver into my eyesocket to make the pain go away.

Yeah, not all WoW players are total wastes of oxygen that should do the human race a favor and hurl themselves off a high bridge, thus removing themselves from the gene pool, but I was encountering them often enough towards the end that it wasn't worth continuing.  I did meet some good folks there, but when I quit, I was basically just following them to greener pastures.

And agreed, other games suffer from insufferable communities as well, but none that I've played were quite like the human occupied landfill that WoW became.  And I do blame it on age and maturity.  I have no demographics to back it up so it's just opinion, but I think that many choose WoW as their gateway drug into MMOs and they are starting earlier and earlier.  And although not all kiddies are reprehensible little scumbags, I think that given the opportunty to be abusive assholes with no chance of repercussions, those that take advantage tend towards the younger end of the spectrum than the older.  Call it the Lord of the Flies effect.

Anyway, my post-rant wrap is this:  I like WoW and I like Blizzard, but I won't play any of their games online again because I think that the community that has risen up around the game, will follow the company where ever it goes.  I'm looking forward to Diablo 3.  I expect it will be one of the best single players games out there when it releases.

• AmarandesAmarandes Member Posts: 104

People hate WOW because they blame it for ruining the MMO industry. In reality, they should be blaming the companies who made these bad MMOs not Blizzard themselves.

I will not criticize people who don't like WoW if they have a constructive criticism. However, what I absolutely hate are the haters that uses outright LIES (Ex: claiming that WoW is being dumbed down when in reality the dungeons are harder) or ignorant claims such as "Blizzard is lazy" or "Blizzard is recycling content" or "Vanilla WoW is better" (Its not IMO)  as their argument as to why they hate WoW.

• superdfcsuperdfc Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by i00x00i

Originally posted by i00x00i

I've played WoW for years and loved it. Game review websites, critics, and players have found the game extremely enjoyable, and the evidence is the ammount of subscribers Blizzard has. The game is fun, packed with content, hilarious at times, full of lore, and very deep.

Years ago, before I could play the game because my parents did not let me pay for a subscription fee, I harboured anti-WoW sentiments even though I knew little of the game. I thought the game was for "nerds" or people living in their parent's basement and my classmates frequently joked about it (This was during elementary school, so don't give me grief). I didn't understand what the game was all about, didn't know how good it was, and always thought that games like Runescape were king in the MMORPG district. 

I've noticed that on this website WoW has a remarkably low rating compared to how good it actually is. I feel that there's a lot of distaste towards WoW because people believe their MMORPGs are better, have never given WoW a try, etc. I'm getting tired of people dissing WoW and complaining about things like grinding for reputation (which everyone seems to call out despite the fact that WoW's grind is so much less time consuming than most MMORPGs out there). I suspect that many players are jealous that they cannot play WoW (as I was) or tired of their favourite games being beneath WoW. This jealousy has resulted in WoW scoring at 7.73 on this site, which is lower than most games that aren't out yet, and about the same as much worse games like Maplestory (Essentially one big grind with little or no purpose).

Nobodies jealous. Most of us are older than you and come from a very different backround. Your speaking to veterans that have played WoW since vanilla. Your new to this so it's understandable that you would like WoW so much. But the majority of us are looking for innovation and originality in a game now. We're tired of the same crap. Wow is old news and posting a thread like this is going to spark up alot of controversey because threads like these are just as old as WoW.

My point is most of us realize that WoW was a good game but the key word is was, it's had it's time. 

P.S. I would hardly say any game is "beneath WoW". Just because WoW has the most subs doesn't make it the best game. If that's all you pay attention too then your not a good gamer imo.

I don't really know why you have to attack my age, but if a game's innovation and originality fade because too much time has past does this make it a bad game and worthy of having a lower rating than, say, LoTRO (which is a clone if I ever saw one and has much less content). 

And to your comment on who I'm speaking to I'm not targetting WoW "veterans", I'm targetting people who attack the game but have never really given it a try. Just because you want some innovation doesn't make this game bad. Just look for a new game and rate that high. Why bother flaming this one?

I'm not attacking your age, my point is that your new to the game. Of course your going to like it. Wait untill you hit end game and realize that its all about who has the best eye candy and who can repeat the same process over and over again the quickest for same thing.. eye candy. Maybe you already have, but it will get boring very quick. Also WoW has no community anymore, it's dead/dieing in that aspect. Nobody wants to group for quests because they all want to solo and the random dungeon que has made things so convinient that nobody in dungeons even talk anymore. Wheres the joy in a game like this? Log in and do the same daily quests, grind for the same rep, grind for honor and all for the same thing... pretty looking gear. 

And Lotro is in absolutely no way a WoW clone, where did that come from? Not everything is a WoW clone so please don't start that. 

I can't wait for GW2 it'll blow WoW away. And unlike some companies they have to put in hard work with constant content updates to keep their customers happy =]

I'm not really new. I've played since the end of Burning Crusade til now, though I've taken many brakes in between. My main's at cap and I have about 5ish characters that are above 60/70. Yes, the dungeons can get boring but they're much better than dungeons in most other MMOs because the boss fights have a lot of variety, you actually have to watch for their special abilities, and every dungeon has a different visual theme.

Sure, everything might get boring eventually, but it gives no reason for players to rate it low when all current gen MMOs provide nothing but repetetive content usually in the form of grinding mobs. 

Edit: No, the dungeons can get boring ---> Yes, the dungeons can get boring

My bad.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

I have played since before bc. I hae 2 85s an 82 2 80s a 77 a 74 and myriad characters from 20-40 area. The dungeons in cata are alot more difficult and i think fun.

The biggest issue wiht dungeons in cata is if u die once people leave on u.

i love wow the game. I will enver defend the community who seemd to get to spoiled with lk dungeons and never dying.

i personally love heroic sfk and deadmines although deadmines is hard to find a group that makes it through from start to finish.

I for one dont actually participate much in trade chat or general chat at all i get tired of chuck norris jokes anal jokes and god knows what else jokes they decide to use today.

I stick to guild chat and talk to my fellow dungeon runners if i have to. I do perfer to run dungeons with guildies but i happen to agree the cata dungeosn have alot of variety and challenge especially on heroic.

Of course i have no raid gear but stil find cata dungeons alot of fun.

Originally posted by jeremyjodes

Simple answer for you. Oh and i have played Wow since vanilla beta.

Catclysm Sucks!

1) Phasing

2) No world PVP

3) healing/tank nerfs

4) Guild leveling destroyed guilds

5) Graphics to childish/cartoony

6) talent tree restrictions no more hybrids.

7) rehashing of content when the company makes 140 million a month.

8) LFD destroyed server communitys

9) locked out of Pugs when a certain level is reached.

10) faction boss raids eliminated

11) old expansion zones dead

12) I have around 35 more!

I wont bore you with the rest. Wow is dying due to cataclysm. What the simple minds wanted they got. now 4 year olds can play it so easy. good luck OP we will see you back here when you hit the wall with Wow like many have.

Hmm... To be honest I think Cataclysm was exactly what WoW needed. It made the journey from 1-58 fun.

1) Phasing allows you to have more in depth stories and quests.

2) World pvp was not ruined by Cataclysm. In fact, it's more possible that ever with Tol Barad, as there are bound to be players running around doing those quests at all times of the day. (And also, you should consider playing on a PvP server if you actually want to experience world pvp.

3) Healing and tank nerfs made the game more difficult, contradicting "now 4 year olds can play it so easy"

4) Guild levelling did not destroy any commited guilds, but it does ruin creating a new guild, so I guess I can give you that.

5)Lots of things wrong with this. First, do graphics really make a game good? Second, WoW was cartooney before Cataclysm. Third, the cartooney graphics are old, but the great art allows the game to continue to look great. 

6) Talent tree restrictions and no more "hybrids" help many players who put all their points into 1 tree. Being a hybrid was plain stupid because it crippled your ability to perform well with your character anyway. 

7) Rehashing of content? Didn't the community ask for this on the forums? Besides, no one ever plays the old content (or at least a very tiny minority does), and by re-releasing it Blizzard allows more players to see it.

8) LFD did not destroy server communities at all! Our guild still has a rivalry with another guild on the server (though this is mostly because our GMs do not get along). LFD did destroy the sense of consequence for failing to complete a dungeon though, so 1/2.

9) I think you mean that the content gets hard at cap, which it should to keep players fighting to down the raids. This also contradicts "now 4 year olds can play it so easy". 

10) Faction bosses being eliminated is the only thing on your list that is completely valid. It's a shame that I can no longer go and raid the enemy city, but I find that most players don't even want to try. 

11) Again, old expansions' content being dead is not Cataclysm's fault. It happened in WoTLK and TBC. Why would I go and clear content that I cleared last year? Why would anyone do these bosses if they aren't on par with their level?

Fair point, Miles. People do tend to go against the majority and avoid being mainstream. But it doesn't excuse people's negative impressions of WoW, and their dissing of the game if they haven't really tried it. I'm growing sick of it. 

Originally posted by Isane

This site tends to harbor the dissalusioned and unstable. The majority of posters here have strong opinions due to being scarred by MMO experiences; or just general jealousy and griefing traits. Some come here like myself because they find such negativeness confusing and Hillarious.....

What you see here is nothing to do with WoW look at the other forumns you will see the same crowds.

I don't like wow through personal choice; The community in teh game in my opinion is too immature.

I like you. But the internet isn't the best place in the world for a good sense of community, anyway, because everyone's essentially anonymous and people can get away with almost anything. I mean, look at 4chan or Anonymous. 

• AKASlaphappyAKASlaphappy Member UncommonPosts: 800

Hmm... To be honest I think Cataclysm was exactly what WoW needed. It made the journey from 1-58 fun.

1) Phasing allows you to have more in depth stories and quests.

2) World pvp was not ruined by Cataclysm. In fact, it's more possible that ever with Tol Barad, as there are bound to be players running around doing those quests at all times of the day. (And also, you should consider playing on a PvP server if you actually want to experience world pvp.

3) Healing and tank nerfs made the game more difficult, contradicting "now 4 year olds can play it so easy"

4) Guild levelling did not destroy any commited guilds, but it does ruin creating a new guild, so I guess I can give you that.

5)Lots of things wrong with this. First, do graphics really make a game good? Second, WoW was cartooney before Cataclysm. Third, the cartooney graphics are old, but the great art allows the game to continue to look great. 

6) Talent tree restrictions and no more "hybrids" help many players who put all their points into 1 tree. Being a hybrid was plain stupid because it crippled your ability to perform well with your character anyway. 

7) Rehashing of content? Didn't the community ask for this on the forums? Besides, no one ever plays the old content (or at least a very tiny minority does), and by re-releasing it Blizzard allows more players to see it.

8) LFD did not destroy server communities at all! Our guild still has a rivalry with another guild on the server (though this is mostly because our GMs do not get along). LFD did destroy the sense of consequence for failing to complete a dungeon though, so 1/2.

9) I think you mean that the content gets hard at cap, which it should to keep players fighting to down the raids. This also contradicts "now 4 year olds can play it so easy". 

10) Faction bosses being eliminated is the only thing on your list that is completely valid. It's a shame that I can no longer go and raid the enemy city, but I find that most players don't even want to try. 

11) Again, old expansions' content being dead is not Cataclysm's fault. It happened in WoTLK and TBC. Why would I go and clear content that I cleared last year? Why would anyone do these bosses if they aren't on par with their level?

So what exactly was the point of this, you asked people for their opinions. Then here you go on to tell them how wrong their opinion is, even when they have played the game and are not just flaming the game.  

I wonder is it really worth it to make a thread like this, so you can defend your precious World of Warcraft? I am sure the Blizzard angel that got his wings appreciates it.

Originally posted by shawn01

If you love WoW so much, why aren't you playing it instead of posting here? i know when i have a game that im really enjoying im not posting here.

?

I don't have game time and I haven't played in months. But this doesn't excuse the needless and endless negativity that WoW players receive from the rest of the MMO community. Do I have to continue playing a game to recognize it's greatness? Just because I'm bored at the moment and don't want to play doesn't mean that the game is bad. Without a doubt, it's the best of it's kind currently available on the market, but I'm sure games like SWToR and GW2 will pull the MMO genre up to a new level. Tera, too, if it isn't just a grind fest, because the combat looks great. 

Originally posted by Himshim

Played wow for 7 1/2 years. I have every right to hate it. @_@

So you've played for more than 7 years. What kept you playing? Probably the fact that it was fun, exciting, and better than most other MMOs. 

Would you go to a site like mmorpg and give the game a 1/10 rating because you burnt out? I hope not. I hope that you'd look back and think about why you played the game for so long before growing tired of it. 

Does playing a game too much and burning out mean the game's bad? No, it means that it was good enough to keep your attention for that long. 

Originally posted by Unlight

I'm looking forward to Diablo 3.  I expect it will be one of the best single players games out there when it releases.

D=

What about Skyrim? That looks very promising. 

• asyndetonasyndeton Member UncommonPosts: 87

Originally posted by Himshim

Played wow for 7 1/2 years. I have every right to hate it. @_@

So you've played for more than 7 years. What kept you playing? Probably the fact that it was fun, exciting, and better than most other MMOs. 

Would you go to a site like mmorpg and give the game a 1/10 rating because you burnt out? I hope not. I hope that you'd look back and think about why you played the game for so long before growing tired of it. 

Does playing a game too much and burning out mean the game's bad? No, it means that it was good enough to keep your attention for that long. 

This was likely a tongue in cheek response, meant to make you laugh. Probably wasn't being serious.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I figured that I was a little presumptuous when I said that I hated WoW even though I never really played it. So I read all of your comments in this thread. As it turns out, I still hate it.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Ez-RollerEz-Roller Member Posts: 18

I was a hardcore WoW player for like 4 years now. Since Cataclysm I stoped playing, mainly because I don't like the direction the game is heading. But thats no reason for me to start talking trash about the MMO I've been playing for so long. Personaly, I think SW:TOR will end the WoW reign.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by kalinis

The majority of people and im not saying all but majority claim wow ruined mmos. Without wow mmos might not exist at all.

Ahh... No. Completely and utterly wrong.

MMOs existed without WoW for almost a decade before it was released. Most of those MMOs are still running and populated to this day. So, yes... without WoW, MMOs would definitely exist, because they already did.

In fact, you have it entirely backwards... Without the MMOs that came before it, WoW would likely not exist. The Blizzard folks have stated as much them selves.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops