Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: Will DAoC Fee Increases Change Your Subscription?

lgnkilgnki Member Posts: 66

Please vote below

-----------------------------------

Search Key: 84218

Comments

• TheGrimReapeTheGrimReape Member Posts: 63
    maybe its just me but who needs this topic imageimage btw thos who voted for
    Cancel my account, that's just too much

are you realy playing DAoC image
  • lgnkilgnki Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by TheGrimReape
    maybe its just me but who needs this topic imageimage btw thos who voted for
    Cancel my account, that's just too much

are you realy playing DAoC image

I believe it's just you. I'm curious.

• sqwigginssqwiggins Member Posts: 286
    grim not everyone may have as much money as you to put towards games its just a thought

its good to know that if I ever need attention all I need to do is die

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

No we do not need this topic.  It is bad enough it is on the other boards out there.  I remember the day when it was fun and helpful to read the DAOC boards.  I also remember before the constant whining and complaining from a minority of players, Mythic used to respond and take seriously what was said there.  And yes those players in any MMORPG that go around the message boards really are the minority as much as the complainers do not want to believe it.

If you cannot afford an extra $.50 a week (which wouldn't be the case if you would simply up your subscprition from one month at a time) then you should not be playing any MMORPG.  If you have to balance your money that much then you have other concerns and needs for that money.  Maybe there are some people out there that pick their game based on a monthly fee, but I doubt that is more than just a handful. 

Going to the movies cost me $18 and that doesn't even include the drink and popcorn my girlfriend usually wants.  By the time I add that in, I am looking at $24-$28.  So basically one night out for a couple of hours costs more than paying for two accounts. 

Any case this is about the last place left to go to and not hearing people constantly complaining so lets just let this topic die. 

• lgnkilgnki Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by JulianDracos
    No we do not need this topic.  It is bad enough it is on the other boards out there.  I remember the day when it was fun and helpful to read the DAOC boards.  I also remember before the constant whining and complaining from a minority of players, Mythic used to respond and take seriously what was said there.  And yes those players in any MMORPG that go around the message boards really are the minority as much as the complainers do not want to believe it.
    If you cannot afford an extra $.50 a week (which wouldn't be the case if you would simply up your subscprition from one month at a time) then you should not be playing any MMORPG.  If you have to balance your money that much then you have other concerns and needs for that money.  Maybe there are some people out there that pick their game based on a monthly fee, but I doubt that is more than just a handful. 
    Going to the movies cost me $18 and that doesn't even include the drink and popcorn my girlfriend usually wants.  By the time I add that in, I am looking at $24-$28.  So basically one night out for a couple of hours costs more than paying for two accounts. 
    Any case this is about the last place left to go to and not hearing people constantly complaining so lets just let this topic die. 

This topic is a survey only. Try reading it again because no one is complaining in this thread except you. Get out of my thread and leave the discussion to the big kids. ::::28::

PS. It's not an issue of whether people can afford it or not, it's a question of whether people feel that it's a fair price for the product. Fool. ::::38::

• bballermc333bballermc333 Member Posts: 283

No we do not need this topic. It is bad enough it is on the other boards out there. I remember the day when it was fun and helpful to read the DAOC boards. I also remember before the constant whining and complaining from a minority of players, Mythic used to respond and take seriously what was said there. And yes those players in any MMORPG that go around the message boards really are the minority as much as the complainers do not want to believe it.
    If you cannot afford an extra $.50 a week (which wouldn't be the case if you would simply up your subscprition from one month at a time) then you should not be playing any MMORPG. If you have to balance your money that much then you have other concerns and needs for that money. Maybe there are some people out there that pick their game based on a monthly fee, but I doubt that is more than just a handful.
    Going to the movies cost me $18 and that doesn't even include the drink and popcorn my girlfriend usually wants. By the time I add that in, I am looking at $24-$28. So basically one night out for a couple of hours costs more than paying for two accounts.

Hmmm were do you go to the movies???? 18 dollars? its just 6.50 were i live. but yeah anyway......i dont see the point in paying 15 dollars for THIS GAME.....any other game then maby. Ive Played DAoC, community is terrible and same with gameplay.....lets go hack and slash for 50 hours then get to go to another level of animals and hack and slash some more! finnaly im level 10 YAY!!!!! finnaly i get the sweet shield but now i gotta go kill some more!!!!!!o there goes another 50 hours. now after a mounth of play im level 40!!!! woooot! i can pvp in a game with horrible pvp methids!!!! YES!

thats the way the game was to me......id rather pay 15 dollars a mounth on Diablo 2 then this......You should try WoW CoH or EQ2 all 15 dollars but way better then DAoC

You really haven't played have you?  Leveling has accelerated.  I can make it to level ten in one game session of about 4 hours.  They have added tasks for levels after 20 now.  You get free levels.  In fact if you already have a level 50 you get level 20 and 30 characters to start leveling on.  If you want RvR you can do it at every level, but on my server it is mostly the 20-24 BG, 30-35 BG, 36-39 BG.  Sometime there is good RvR in the 40-44 BG. 

There is not nearly the grinding in DAOC as there is EQ or any SoE game.  Never has been.  Now they have made it even less so. 

CoH is not that great.  That is one where people often get bored.  There is no PvP or RvR.  And unless you are into Superheroes it is not that good of a genre

EQ2.  Nice and pretty, but even for those with good comps there is still a lot of lag.  And it is an SoE game so there is a lot of grinding as well.  Some marvillous technological achievements on the game, but nothing but EQ with better graphics, voices, and a different way to waste your life grinding.

WoW.  There is no RvR yet.  You can level to 60 very fast - too fast for many players but that depends on the person.  There is very little high end content - something even Blizzard will admit on their boards.  On the PvP servers it is very common to get ganked at low levels while leveling.

So for right now if you want to fight other players are all DAOC is the only place you really have to go now.  WoW isn't ready yet.  Maybe in a few months it will be, but not now.  CoH and EQ2 are a waste of time for most DAOC players because they are looking for things that those games do not offer. 

Also it is very evident you have not really played DAOC.  If you had you would refer to the player versus player aspect as RvR.  It is a dead give away.  PvP is reserved for the PvP servers DAOC has with a different rule system.  So please go troll somewhere else. 

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
  • sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    since my only favorite mmorpg is daoc I guess I would pay it, but i am not playing it now, my server with my 40 bard has no one to group with so it discourages me to try to get him to 50 for the free /level so i can go to a more populated server.

You really haven't played have you? Leveling has accelerated. I can make it to level ten in one game session of about 4 hours. They have added tasks for levels after 20 now. You get free levels. In fact if you already have a level 50 you get level 20 and 30 characters to start leveling on. If you want RvR you can do it at every level, but on my server it is mostly the 20-24 BG, 30-35 BG, 36-39 BG. Sometime there is good RvR in the 40-44 BG.
    There is not nearly the grinding in DAOC as there is EQ or any SoE game. Never has been. Now they have made it even less so.
    CoH is not that great. That is one where people often get bored. There is no PvP or RvR. And unless you are into Superheroes it is not that good of a genre
    EQ2. Nice and pretty, but even for those with good comps there is still a lot of lag. And it is an SoE game so there is a lot of grinding as well. Some marvillous technological achievements on the game, but nothing but EQ with better graphics, voices, and a different way to waste your life grinding.
    WoW. There is no RvR yet. You can level to 60 very fast - too fast for many players but that depends on the person. There is very little high end content - something even Blizzard will admit on their boards. On the PvP servers it is very common to get ganked at low levels while leveling.
    So for right now if you want to fight other players are all DAOC is the only place you really have to go now. WoW isn't ready yet. Maybe in a few months it will be, but not now. CoH and EQ2 are a waste of time for most DAOC players because they are looking for things that those games do not offer.
    Also it is very evident you have not really played DAOC. If you had you would refer to the player versus player aspect as RvR. It is a dead give away. PvP is reserved for the PvP servers DAOC has with a different rule system. So please go troll somewhere else.

yeah ok i didnt play DAoC???? theres a f()cking pvp server dumba$$. RvR is when you fight within the 3 relms, not everyone for them selfs so dont say i didnt play the game just beacuse i dont play newbie non pvp servers.

and go look at all my posts because i post about only games ive played, EQ, AC, AC2, DAoC, CoH, EQ2.....so dont say i dont know what im talking about if you really played you would know of the PvP servers and you would know PvP is not just RvR so stfu you look like a dumb shyt now

i dont belive that you have played DAoC after all your topics but now i know you did play wow, it never took long to make lvl 10 solo without buff bot and now its even faster, from your first post in this topic i started to think you wer plaing S/S hero (not sword/sheld but spear/sheld - gimp) but now im starting to think that you havent play at all. btw......

Do you know what RvR realy means ? That system was planned for wow also horde aliance and night elfs VS undead orks and trolls, that was theyr plans for pvp on normal servers 3 realms Vs 3 realms and that was what he meaned by RvR gues you dont read much press releases.

and from my point of view pvp servers are for noobs (cus there is no team work and its most hardest ting in game) evry one can fight one on one but how abot 40 vs 40 ?

P.S. english isnt my main language so dont inform me about my mistakes.

Grim your english is better than most. 

PvP on DAOC is still different than on other games.  PvP is based off of alliances and not realms, other than that the rules are pretty much the same.  So for those that like to insult each other, be griefers, and make yourself feel better by being a waste of space even the PvP server is not for you.  Maybe go try Halo2, or are you afraid you will get your ass kicked too much by better players?

I still do not believe you played DAOC.  But it doesn't matter because as long as you are not playing at the moment then I think everyone is happy.  DAOC has about the best community out there.  Almost everyone is nice, friendly, and helpful.  Even in RvR it is rare for someone to be asses - even Albs can restrain themselves.  So I think DAOC is better without and for that I am so glad. 

I do admit i didnt play long only like 2 mounths because no one talked or helped me out. I didnt wanna waste another 15 dollars to find all the hot spots for leveling and such or quests. I like games that are easy to get used to like SWG, AC, CoH. Considering i dont have much time on my hands to level i dont like this game. Its just my opion but if you dont belive i played then w/e

Easy to get used to ? heh first thing you need to do in evry game is to find some friends i can still remember my first true friend in DAoC with his help i got in to nice aliance . and your right RvR is based on aliances in DAoC but it wasnt what i realy whanted to say in that topic. but you still ned only one person to start a war the chosen one who will organize a keep retake or attack on enemy realm i still remmber when hib lost all his relics to albs and had only 2 keeps and 6 towers. (that day i started to think that how weak we are and how over power and over populated albs are) but that was the same day we took evrything back albs relics also image the fun thing that i had a treb in my inventory and i had nothing to do with it  so i started shooting at closest alb tower and in 60 min we wer allredy sthootin walls of albions keep its like snow ball effect .

and why do i writing all thisimage