Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR EA on the team might ruin it.

I was pumped about this game until I heard EA got involved. I know everyone will say EA is not making it bioware is. That's true as is with UO and Warhammer, and we both saw how smooth those ran with ea involvement. I think most believe UO was better before EA was involved, and Mythic had a great rep but still butchered warhammer launch which they never really could get ppl to come back. Like it are not money talks, so ea will be calling more shots then ppl think. I also have another personal reason to worry. I am also a boxing fan, and I posted on the EA forum how I did not like the new patch that totaly made FNC a different game then what I bought, and EA took it right down. I mean if this is how they listen to the community what features will they not allow to bioware to add in, or take out? I mean mmo players are going to say alot more then this on the forum. Below is my word for word post see if you think it should have been taken down I honestly was only trying to express my opinion on how I did not like they direction they took with the new patch I still have no idea what they are so upset about? I know this is my isolated issue, and EA could care less, but I for one will never buy a product with the EA name on it again. I am sitting swtor out now and just sticking with EQ2 till EQ next comes out.

BELOW IS ORIGNAL EA POST

The questions says it all. I mean to be honest I am better since the patch I have went 21-3 in owc so it has nothing to do with that. With that said the game no longer has near the appeal to me it had before. I know it sux guys getting one punch ko'ed or knocked down when your winning, but that fact is its part of boxing, and what EA has done makes as much sence as taking home runs out of a baseball game. Aside from a couple of glitches the original version was much more realistic then the current build. I mean on my heavy before the patch I had over 120 fights in owc and was only one punch ko'ed 4 times, that is very true to boxing. The ppl that where crying about getting ko'ed just needed to try to use some D. I mean EA changed a sports game away from realism because of some forum post? What happened to "if its in the game its in the game EA"? Maybe try "its in the game unless someone who lost some fights post about it" that would be more honest. I mean I buy EA sports game under the assumption they will try to make it as close to the sport as possible, and yes I know the original version was not perfect nothing is, but it was a hell of a lot closer then it is now. Anyway that's just the way I feel I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt I will ever buy another EA game of any kind not just sports as I have loved the fight night series back to the first Knockout Kings. When I first played this one I thought boy they have really made the best one yet, and most agreed with me I mean read the reviews, and then they went and took out the part of boxing that is probably the biggest reason ppl love boxing the fact that anyone at any time can get caught and be beat. I honestly wonder how much anyone that made the choice to tone down the flash knockdowns and take out the one punch ko's even knows about boxing. I also question how well the read the post here. I mean even the ppl crying with the original version where mainly upset with the perfect block I do not even think those ppl expected EA to change the game in this way. I mean I do not think the perfect block was that big of an issue only ever saw one person in owc using that glitch, but some did not like it so take it out, but for crying out loud the game is not even the product I bought anymore. Come on EA you need to return this game to its original state, as this is not the game we bought.

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Warhammer Online.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

The difference between EA Mythic and EA Bioware is EA Bioware has a lot more pull than EA Mythic.  EA Publishers will not push the Bioware team to get the product out the door as Mythic was... I can gaurantee this. You can tell easily due to the fact it is not even got a release date.  If EA had any say it would had been out the door this May, I rest my case.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• gekkothegreygekkothegrey Member Posts: 236

Originally posted by sinjin

The difference between EA Mythic and EA Bioware is EA Bioware has a lot more pull than EA Mythic.  EA Publishers will not push the Bioware team to get the product out the door as Mythic was... I can gaurantee this. You can tell easily due to the fact it is not even got a release date.  If EA had any say it would had been out the door this May, I rest my case.

Honestly I do not think anyone knows that for sure. I do think there are some valid reason to believe the person puttin up the bulk of over 100 million dollars is going to have some say. Also with UO they messed it up after relase so not saying they will rush it, they just might harm it. I for one just did not like it when I heard they joined.

Originally posted by gekkothegrey

Honestly I do not think anyone knows that for sure. I do think there are some valid reason to believe the person puttin up the bulk of over 100 million dollars is going to have some say. Also with UO they messed it up after relase so not saying they will rush it, they just might harm it. I for one just did not like it when I heard they joined.

I will admit that I too was worried, but then I thought about the producers of the game...Mark Jacobs was soooo shady that he probably lied to EA and made stupid promises that he couldn't keep.  Where as Bioware has most likely been straight shooters with the publisher...just saying.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

I once shared your optimisim, but them announcing that they eliminated swimming from the game just this week, is beyond absurd. I don't wanna be Micheal Frickin Phelps, but I sure as hell think ANY MMO designed today should have a skill as basic as 'swimming'.

BiowarEA isn't the same company they were.

Originally posted by TUX426

I once shared your optimisim, but them announcing that they eliminated swimming from the game just this week, is beyond absurd. I don't wanna be Micheal Frickin Phelps, but I sure as hell think ANY MMO designed today should have a skill as basic as 'swimming'.

Ahhh, you're one of them synchronized swimmers eh!? WEll, that doesn't sway my opinion one way or the other... I hate getting wet anyways.

Also, that was not EA's decision that was Biowares, so why did you post that?

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

You called them Un-American by saying what they did is on par with taking home-runs out of baseball. You insulted them, which was not necessary in your complaint. They should say that, since it is not clear, but I am guessing that is the issue. 

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

Ahhh, you're one of them synchronized swimmers eh!? WEll, that doesn't sway my opinion one way or the other... I hate getting wet anyways.

Also, that was not EA's decision that was Biowares, so why did you post that?

My real point though was did you read what I posted at EA. Do you think I said something that called for that to be taken off the forum? If the answer is no then what makes you think they will listen on swtor? You make some valid points so just trying to get other view points.

Originally posted by Incomparable

You called them Un-American by saying what they did is on par with taking home-runs out of baseball. You insulted them, which was not necessary in your complaint. They should say that, since it is not clear, but I am guessing that is the issue. 

Lol, did I miss something, ne1?

There is 0 diffence in what they did. All I was doing was making the point in that.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Well, honestly that doesn't bother me in the least, as far as swimming goes.  As it was stated,  there really isn't any content out in the middle of the oceans,  so swimming out there wouldn't do much for anyone.

Aside from that though, I honestly don't feel BioWare is being rushed in the same way that Mythic was... simply because,  for one,  The CEO of BioWare has become the VP at EA over all of these studios, including Mythic.  I'm sure that has quite a bit of sway in comparison to what Mark Jacobs was.

Lol, did I miss something, ne1?

No kidding all I said was "Since they took one punch ko's out of a boxing game where they going to take home runs out of baseball games". Not real sure how thats calling them Un-American? Honestly do not think some are truly reading the post which is understandable I am some what long winded in my post, but I do wish if one leaves a reply they would read it all first so they understand what I am trying to say.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

I can see him now on the podium.

"no one wants to just go out into the water and start exploring thats just silly. I mean you never saw Han say c'mon Chewy lets go take a dip."

and i also had no idea they got rid of swimming... i smell more restrictions.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

EA CEO, Riccitiello, was Bioware CEO

He knows really well Bioware team and probably he will be able to influence them more than you are prepared to accept.

On the othe hand Riccitiello knows very well what Bioware stands for (quality), he won't allow a rushed release of SWTOR ruin Bioware good name.

Really? Mocking ME because I'm upset at ANOTHER removal of basic MMO design?

Anyone who has played anything of theirs know they love invisible boundaries. Rivers, streams and oceans won't be places to 'explore', they'll be invisible walls forcing you to see only what they want you to see.

And why shrug off something this basic? If you're that blind and convinced it'll be so much fun, enjoy it. But what else are you willing to  shrug off? No crafting? "Meh, I hate makin stuff anyway". No Auction House? "Meh, I hate shopping anyway". No social class? "Meh, I hate talkin anyway".

It's PATHETIC that they can't add in a skill as basic as SWIMMING!

No day/night either. No weather effects. But go ahead, laugh it off.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I would have agreed 100% with you a month ago, until I tried Dragon age 2. It seems like EA forced Bioware to release it before it was done, or so say the rumors at least.

The fact anyway is that it is the weakest game that Bioware made. Not terrible or anything but far from the same class as older Bioware games.

Hopefully can EA keep their greedy fingers away from TOR, WAR should have told them that but I am not so sure anymore. EA is a company that destroys innovation pretty fast (and so is Activision).

Lets hope EA isn't totally retarded. A follow up like DA2 isn't that important but if they force Bioware to mess up TOR it might be the end of Bioware, just like Mythic isn't really a company anymore but just a sub division of Bioware. 

If they do mess it up there is at least plenty other nice games comming our way.

But lets give them the benefit of a doubt, the game isn't out yet and maybe Ray can keep the EA suits away. :)

Bioware do have a rather impressive collection of games even if I have to admit that I prefer the BG serie and NWN to their later games. Until I tried it will it still be on my list of games to try out, after all the hours of fun they have given me (BW, not EA, at least not since Amiga days) I feel like I own them to try it out.

Originally posted by aleos

I can see him now on the podium.

"no one wants to just go out into the water and start exploring thats just silly. I mean you never saw Han say c'mon Chewy lets go take a dip."

and i also had no idea they got rid of swimming... i smell more restrictions.

No kidding!

And yeah, they announced it the 6th, I just saw it today.

• Originally posted by TUX426

Anyone who has played anything of theirs know they love invisible boundaries. Rivers, streams and oceans won't be places to 'explore', they'll be invisible walls forcing you to see only what they want you to see.

And why shrug off something this basic? If you're that blind and convinced it'll be so much fun, enjoy it. But what else are you willing to  shrug off? No crafting? "Meh, I hate makin stuff anyway". No Auction House? "Meh, I hate shopping anyway". No social class? "Meh, I hate talkin anyway".

actually there are weather effects

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

EA already forced their collective reproductive organs into the ear holes of Bioware devs and caused the Dragon Age and Mass Effect sequels to take a significant step backward from the originals.  Pushing a new standard of microtransactions on BW releases, and dropping the depth of gameplay to levels that, frankly, seems like an attempt to drop the RP from RPG.  I would like to believe that the absence of their sickening name from the gameplay trailers thus far is indicative that they'll keep their SOE tendencies out of the development of TOR, but the quality of Bioware's current IPs under EA's reign hasn't shown a promising precendence.

Originally posted by gaou

Link please?

(and I don't mean static, I mean variable like wind storms, sand storms, rain)

Originally posted by gaou

Who cares about the dang water that was not the point of the post nor ever even mentioned lol

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Originally posted by gekkothegrey

Who cares about the dang water that was not the point of the post nor ever even mentioned lol

Title was:

SWTOR EA on the team might ruin it

You started it. Leaving out basic gameplay elements (like swimming and weather) are completely on topic as they are examples of how "I" feel EA is ruining it.

Originally posted by SonicTHI

Dragon Age 2.

EA: acquire, assimilate, dissolve, destroy

This is my concern not the freaking water lol

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I can't remember when EA launched a game without major issues. Doesn't bode well for TOR fans!