Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foundry is live!

13»

Comments

• yorkforceyorkforce Member UncommonPosts: 160

Ive just started playing this too, I had purposefully avoided it due to all the bad press it had recieved, the major one being its a clone of champions online with a new skin, thankfully after trying it myself I can see this is a complete lie. Granted it may use the same engine but it doesnt look or feel anything like Champions Online at all.

One thing that has suprised me are the missions, they are actually very fun, none of this kill 20 wolves polava you actually get to use your brain to solve them (more puzzle based) In addition they have done something that most MMOs completely fail to do.. they dont feel like missions and i feel compelled to read the text and the story, usually its a click accept, follow minimap, press 12345, run back hand in .. rince repeat for 2-6 months. Not in STO, im actually paying attention to the gamescreen and not just the minimap.

Does it have problems? Yes it does.

Are they major? No.

Can they be fixed? Lots have already.

I dont personally care what the complainers say about it, im enjoying it and until i stop enjoying it i will continue playing it.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by korvass

This is the kind of feature that made me consider subbing. In my opinion, all MMOs should have some variant of this feature set. PvPers could create PvP matches and battlegrounds, Roleplayers could create story-driven quests, and genocidal gamers could create small rooms loaded with chainsaws and ewoks.

Fully agree.

Could you imagine what opportunities it would bring if you could have tools with the power of the tools of the WC3 or SC2 editor, or the editor in BW'2 Neverwinter Nights that was used to create fully player made worlds, and bring that kind of tooling into an MMORPG?

The results would be awesome.

I think the Foundry is a good step in the right direction.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."