Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hacks?

JhustynJhustyn Member UncommonPosts: 109

So,

Is the beta a hackfest?....I noticed just about everyone used to have "perfect aim" before the game went under last time.

Comments

• likeafoxlikeafox Member UncommonPosts: 49

Yes there is quite a bit of hackers in the beta. Don't know if you were on La Rocha on live, but that Nothing Personal guild and a few code killers who has a few cheaters are in the beta. They keep saying they don't cheat but half the old community knows they do. I remember them(Nothing Personal esp) exploiting the tree in waterfront numerous times when they had a V.I.P. which you couldn't nade/shoot the guy in the tree because it blocked all damage.  Amongst a few other people who had the most amazing aim I've seen throughout the years of Call of Duty/Battlefield playing.

G1 said they have not fully activated punkbuster yet and they are monitoring people cheating right now and so they say have a good suprise coming to the hackers when the anti-cheat goes live. But seeing as the game is F2P now, its much easier to make another account and such and do it again. All PC Games will have cheats for them, just up to the company to keep updating to catch them off guard because cheats are always evolving/updating.

But in the beta right now they only have the one server up and that it is West Coast, which if you are on the east coast Lag tends to hit you quite a bit and may cause you to think someone is shooting you through walls and the like.

They made the Grenade Launcher pretty much OP, you can run into an area and shoot like 6 nades in without even getting shot and kill their whole team, its pretty ridiculous and I hope they nerf it. I don't remember it being that amazing back when RTW handled things. There is also an exploit with the OBIR right now where you can basically have no recoil, which a lot of people are using.

tl;dr version:

yes there still is

p.s. sorry for my ranting/rambling

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

I'm actually amazed at how little GamersFirst has done despite all their talk of improving things.  The only bug I notice being gone is the one where you were pushed out of the car if a mission is accepted while riding as a passenger.

Still has the bug where the player name sometimems doesn't update to red or green when in a mission, therefore you seemingly get killed by a grey.

Seems like there is a lot of hacking going on.  For all their purported identifying of hackers (they say only .6% hack right  now), I have a hard time believing they will do any better than RTW did.  Most of the hacks you can buy for this game are advertised as PB proof so I don't think they will be able to keep a lid on this stuff.

Hitboxes are still completely inaccurate.  Still travel to X spot to press F (they didn't add any mini-game there even though they should have).  Still rampant griefing going on.  Why oh why does it make sense that another vehicle can blow you up if rammed even though driven by a grey YET you can't shoot a grey?

World still feels weird...yes, I can drive through certain big gates but little ones?  They're indestructible.

Now that this game is F2P, the hacking/exploiting will become rampant. 

I was/am a fan of the original but did understand the shortcomings.   It appears GF is doing little to nothing to address these.

• goosiegoosie Member UncommonPosts: 69

They said they're not going to do anything to hackers until the game goes live, they are just data mining and working on a solution, which was the same strategy RTW took and was never fully realized. But I agree, PB won't be the solution.

I'll disagree with hitboxes, as I think hitboxes are fine. If you're anywhere outside of the US West, you could think that there are some inaccuracies b/c of lag. Type /fps to see how much you're lagging.

With regards to missions, yeah they didn't do anything there to make it more interesting. Call me crazy, but I wish they would add some PvE content to balance things out a bit that are not the same go to X location and <action> Y. I mean sometimes I want to take a break from doing PvP and take it easy, and some good PvE content would do just that. But yeah, I realize they took the counterstrike approach in making this game, and substantial PvE content development won't ever happen in this game.

• osc8rosc8r Member UncommonPosts: 688

Rampant hacking ruined this game completely for me, they really better do something of impact about it when the game goes live, or all there work will be for nothing.

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

I'm not sure if it's hacks, or I'm just god awful. I have about 3 hours of play time in or so, and aside from NPC's I think I've killed like 2 or 3 people. It seems I die almost as soon as I look at people, or people get me from 100+ yards away. I'm sure SOME are hacks, but I believe it was said that PUnkBuster is catching all the hackers. No idea what to believe.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Not sure about now, but when the game was live before there was a definite learning curve.  It takes time to get to know the weapons and their attributes, as well as the best strategy to complement them.  That said, I did run into way to many hackers in APB, but fortunately it wasn't enough to ruin my fun most of the time.

• goosiegoosie Member UncommonPosts: 69

The game is cutthroat to say the least. There are hacks, but the newer weapon changes have increased engagement distance to max visual range because the Obeya semi-auto sniper rifle is so overpowered and everybody is using it. The Obeya has a scope, is super accurate, spammable, kills in 4 shots, and has excellent hard damage as well. Without any armor upgrades to increase time-to-kill, it usually comes down to whoever spots the other person first. The fishy situations occur when I get the jump on someone, get in 2 shots, and they flip around and spam 3 perfect ACT44 pistol rounds at max range and kill me before my 4th shot lands.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

I mentioned this elsewhere, but a reinforcement here is also fine.

Seemingly the hackers with ESP and Aimbots are as active as they once were.  Seemingly.  There are frequent posts on their forums questioning what active and tangible means GF will use and tools provided to gamers to assist in reporting hackers.

Simple truth is, there is none.  Bjorn can podium pound all he wants, but with absolutely no in-game reporting or simple ease-of-use out of game reporting on the APB Reloaded Support Page that enables an interested player to easily report a name and circumstance, one can't help but surmise that GF is taking a casual and prolonged approach to addressing hackers.

Certainly, there will be more reports than fewer by some that can't tell the difference, but any elementary student can refine a simple means of name and circumstance reporting that can be saved, data-logged and observed.  It is not their (GF) job to take action on every report, but to run a Customer-Service querry every week that simply shows reporter and reportee to sort by name and determine whether there is enough unique data to warrant a watch.

Not only is this not occurring, but the basic function of being able to easily report a suspected occurrance or series of occurances absolutely does not exist on Gamers First APB Reloaded Support Page.

The best thing that came from Global Agenda is their devs and GM's extremely active approach to enabling reporint and their swift action with elementary data mining and observations.  It's a shame that I suspect that Gamers First will not be as proactive or customer-centric about it.

• ArmaniDevilArmaniDevil Member Posts: 83

I'd go as far as to say that playing legitimately at this point is impossible. Combining the hacking situation with the piss poor matchmaking system (matching R10 players against R85 for example) just makes for a frustrating experience for both new and casual players.

I'm getting flashbacks of Combat Arms.  Impossible to play without hacks.

• sketchy_sketchy_ Member UncommonPosts: 137

To be honest I don't think there are that many cheaters as people make it up to be. Yes it's super easy to find cheats for the game but I didn't see many cheaters when I played. On the other hand I got accused of cheating like every third or fourth mission.

Lots of whine in the game. :)

It's easier to say oh that guy cheats than saying he did good, had better location than me, was more prepared, aimed better etc.

"If I had a d*ck, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing... Let's kill people."

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

This vid pretty much sums it up. I'm one of those who bought the game when it was launched, and yeah, I find it quite fun. But if they don't fix what made the first version fail I won't be playing APB reloaded, even if it's free.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Hackers Galore.

That is right the same hackers from APB which was owned by RTW are in APB Reloaded, and it seems that there are currently three cheat sites out there which market cheats for APB Reloaded, and not even Punk Buster can stop them from cheating, and even if they can do a Ban Wave against these cheaters they just come back with new accounts and the time it takes for them to ban the cheaters the game play of many people has already been ruined by cheaters who have to play unfair.

I found this link on a post on the APB English Forums with the Title named 4 Cheaters for the price of one, which will no doubt be closed by a moderator, and such evidence removed mainly because the company itself wants to avoid it getting out about how many cheaters are in APB, not because of a name and shame thing, but thats just what I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeVSuPA4zAA 4 Cheater team in APB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2lfLdilRBM What about this guy who advertise that he uses hacks in APB Reloaded but still playing with hacks that their company makes? This cheater obviously sucks even with an Aimbot.

I was previously part of a clan in APB when it was released and two of my own clan members were caught Aimbotting which got banned before it ever became APB Reloaded, but here is the serious question.

G1 has done nothing but make this game go down the drain, instead of offering any subscription offers with good perks they sale guns to poeple, removed every perm weapon from the game, restricted mailng your other characters APB cash, removed selling of guns from the market, and have totally ruined APB Reloaded as a game it once was.

Lets say beyond the cheaters ruining APB Reloaded the question is if they can recover from all of this or if it will be a waste of their money, and another game to die for a Second Time?

If you are thinking about playing APB, I would not put any cash into the game as of now, wait until they actually improve the game a lot more before you pay anything to G1, or it could be a loss of RL money.

I agree with you.  Lots of hacking still going on.  You complain about it in the forums, you tend to get flamed by others ("they're just better than you",etc).

I would seriously wait several months on this one.  Definitely do not put any cash into this until then.

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Ive been playing for the past week on Joker and have won far more missions than I have lost. I have to find this "rampant" hacking everyone seems to love throwing about. I play with several real life friends in our clan, and so far none of us have seen anything that we can clrealy say "yea that guy was hacking" 

The new weapons do change up game play from how it used to be, and high velocity rifles actually count for something now. 

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

There are a handful of hackers out there ... some of them are actually very good, they seem to know how to come across less obvious than the others and even a hint of being watched they shut the program down. The majority of them are just horrible at the game though and obvious to anyone who's played Fps for any length of time. So Yes,  there are still enough hackers around that every district will have a few obvious ones in it and a select few are no so obvious.

The games lacks any sort of support from its Developers , no ingame monitoring , no report function,  no action taken without a few gigs of data to support a claim. Its still APB ... the hackings the reason I left in the first place. The community has gotten even worse than it used to be exspect to want to turn district chat  off five minutes into the game.

Here is the kicker ...  you can't .

• strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

I dont think people realize how complex the combat is in this game.  Most people, as i did, jump into it like its a FPS style combat, meaning, each gun has diffrent power and rate of fire and accuracy...pick one and go at it.  Doing this youll notice how much you suck, or youll assume 90% of the players are hackers.

Each gun has its own range, fire spread, accuracy, rate of fire, damage to health, damage to stamina, mobility, how accuracy is effected by moving and recoil.

So each gun has a very specific use, and using a gun improperly only works if you lucky, insanely good at APB (not other FPS) or the player your up against still hasnt improved his mouse tracking speed in game and is nerfed (a very new player)

It takes a good amount of practice to learn how to use each gun properly. After that you need to learn the maps.  Some players are able to predict where you will spawn after a death and where your most likely to approach from.

Im still terrible at the pvp encounters, however im past my phase where in my head i was assuming everyone was using aimbot. since ive learned a few guns, and realized when they seem OP and when they stand little chance, yet cant predict where people will be camping or approaching. 

Basically what im getting at, is that there are far less cheaters, imo, than have been advertised in game and on the forums.  There are still plenty of questionable players, however since the game has a pretty insane learning curve for a FPS, it makes most pro FPS players cry foul when they cant figure out why they ended up dead when they unlaoded a clip at the enemy player and he lets out a burst and kills you .

Also, i think they really are starting to get aggressive with cheaters...will see how long that lasts..once they stop the fight cheaters will take this game over for sure since its not an easy game to be pro at, even if your a FPS vet.

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

All of this debate about hacking vs skill doesn't mean squat when you rubberband 20 feet every 5 seconds and crash every 10 minutes. With the amount of lag and bad performance this game has, it's no wonder people are so quick to yell "haxx".

The whole game hasn't changed one bit since RTW dropped it. I didn't notice any balance, any matchmaking system, or anything else they promised us. And the clincher, they still constrain 32-bit OP systems to turd-like graphics, which is one of the fatal flaws that ruined this game in the first place seeing as more than 60% of all windows users run 32-bit.

You're darn right I'm mad, this game has so much potential and we were promised so much only to have my expectations dashed so completely, it actually hurt my feelings like they insulted my mother. Does this mean I had unreasonable expectations? You're darn right I did, but to get nothing at all is just so completely insulting that I cannot help but curse the name "Gamersfirst".

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

Originally posted by strangerdang

I dont think people realize how complex the combat is in this game.  Most people, as i did, jump into it like its a FPS style combat, meaning, each gun has diffrent power and rate of fire and accuracy...pick one and go at it.  Doing this youll notice how much you suck, or youll assume 90% of the players are hackers.

Each gun has its own range, fire spread, accuracy, rate of fire, damage to health, damage to stamina, mobility, how accuracy is effected by moving and recoil.

So each gun has a very specific use, and using a gun improperly only works if you lucky, insanely good at APB (not other FPS) or the player your up against still hasnt improved his mouse tracking speed in game and is nerfed (a very new player)

It takes a good amount of practice to learn how to use each gun properly. After that you need to learn the maps.  Some players are able to predict where you will spawn after a death and where your most likely to approach from.

Im still terrible at the pvp encounters, however im past my phase where in my head i was assuming everyone was using aimbot. since ive learned a few guns, and realized when they seem OP and when they stand little chance, yet cant predict where people will be camping or approaching. 

Basically what im getting at, is that there are far less cheaters, imo, than have been advertised in game and on the forums.  There are still plenty of questionable players, however since the game has a pretty insane learning curve for a FPS, it makes most pro FPS players cry foul when they cant figure out why they ended up dead when they unlaoded a clip at the enemy player and he lets out a burst and kills you .

Also, i think they really are starting to get aggressive with cheaters...will see how long that lasts..once they stop the fight cheaters will take this game over for sure since its not an easy game to be pro at, even if your a FPS vet.

This sounds like the only guy here who knows something about the game.

It's annoying being outgunned when it happens but it's easy to see when they are hacking.

I'll give you a hint and show you this....

Aside from the obvious 100% accuracy and lack of recoil and spread watch how his gun snaps back and forward when aiming toward targets.. dead giveaway.

When you are using a gun you need to know what it's engagement range is, how it handles recoil, how the spread is, how movement and jumping effects its accuracy and at what ranges other guns become a better option. Most people jump in, get outgunned, and then complain that people are hacking.

There will always be cheaters, as long as K2 keeps up on it it wont get out of control, i dont think it currently is.

Look, im terrible at gun fights, however improving as i learn the maps more.  That is a HUGE advantage thats overlooked by a new player crying foul in chat over a "hacker".  Theres lots of advantages to be gained by simply knowing the game, more so than most FPS.

Characters in this game die fast...very fast...its easy to go down before you click the shoot button, so its very important to know where the enemy is (estimating usually) and know potential camp spots, since theres a lot of above and below you areas for potental snipers ect.  If you know what weapons your opponent has, what they are strong and weak at, and adjust accordingly, you have another advantage on top of learning the map layout (very difficult to do btw).  This is where a lot of cheater cries come from.  Some guy with a starter weapon (they are competative surprisingly), or early game weapon, is facer*ping another team, other teams is going nuts in global chat.  what they dont understand is that guy is in a spot that takes advantage of that guns strong suit, he knows where you going to be comming from, so he can setup and wait.  When the team dies, he then moves to a spot that will camp the obvious "ok we know where he is now lets approach from this side" tactic, team wipes again.

They dont realize whats going on, only that their whole team is being stopped by one guy and therefore must be a hacker.  Reality is, that guy knows what your most likely to do, knows how to fire his gun properly, knows what weapons your rolling with and what they can do, and knows how to take full advantage of the fact that you keep running in guns blazing.  If that guy is with friends of similair skill....its over for you and your team.

But yeah, in chat its literally every few minuets you get a cheater accusation, this game has a very surprising learning curve, something you never expect with FPS, which are usually "if your good at one your good at all of them" type games.

My guess is that the cheaters are far fewer than most suspect, however they do exists, and K2 needs to keep up on keeping them out, or at least making it a major pain to do.  Since this game has a huge learning curve and no other FPS experience will make you pro instantly in it, a lot of people will be tempted to aimbot, rather than learning how to play.

On a side note, one of the few games out there where you can park your character in a spot, and watch the playfield eating popcorn...its quite an entertaining world to watch...when you get a few teams doing missions vs eachoter in one area, with others doing open world crime/enforcing, criminals mugginf and ramming shop windows for loot and enforcers zipping around with sirens blaring and 3 guys with guns hanging out the windows... its both insane and hilarious just to watch the mayhem, explosions, bodies flying, cars wrecking, pedestrians, bullets flying everywhere...good stuff..almost as much fun to watch as it is to actually partake in, granted your in a hot spot area.

• konishiwakonishiwa Member Posts: 6

Well, i dont know if most of the situations is a hacking or failure in enviroment/game mechanics, last few days i was on some weird fights, like being shoted trough vans and trucks, walls and people who know exacly where i was and always being able to shoot me and coming to exacly my position in the area whidout radar help.

Sure you need skills to play this, and alot of them, but sometimes gets frustating when you see people that dont even aim and shoot you whit 2 shots everytime, and when i mean everytime i really mean it.

Like a mission i was whit 4 guys against one and this one guy  killed everyone of my team (some silver stars in there) cause he was always on the right spot every single time whidout failures, he passed for us running, shoots and scores a kill every single time, no aiming just a short burst from wep, skills or hacks?!

I probably wold never pass of a average player, but theres some weird stuff going on in the game, lol

• TyratopsTyratops Member Posts: 98

The game isn't nearly as full of hackers as people appear to claim. 

I wish people would stop exaggerating things and scaring off potential new players.

Its one of those games where when you are new, it seems EVERYONE must be hacking.

Once you learn the ropes on how to play, you start to understand why it appears that way, the games got a hard learning curve.  The gun fights DO NOT play like other FPS/TPS games.  Your extensive history dominating in quake and halo will only mean you will have a harder time adapting to APB.

Once you learn how to spot a cheater in APB, youll see that they are quite rare, and when you do spot one, chances are, they will mysteriously dissapear, never to be seen again.

Of course there are cheaters, however, the more you play and learn the game, the more you start to understand why exactly you are getting dominated in ways that seem to warrent a hack accusation.

The first week of beta, nearly everyone was calling anyone who beat them a hacker in district chat.  That isnt the case anymore, since a lot of these people posted videos of the so called cheaters.  When reviewed it showed exactly why the accuser was getting dominated, and showed no signs of the accused cheating (most of the time)

There are a few very good videos of actual cheaters, using slow motion to highlight what to look for.  However getting dominated from the front isnt grounds for calling cheat.  Usually a cheater will "snap" when you come from behind, shoot you before he turns around, then instantly drop your teammate who was somewhere else, usually in a position that the cheater would have no way of seeing while snapping on you and killing you.

I degress, ther are cheaters, however, the first instinct of a new player it to call anyone who beats them a cheat. Most cases they are not hackers.  They do exists, and the ones i knew were cheating, went missing (i added them to friends lists so i knew who was a cheat) Obviously something is happening to them.

• konishiwakonishiwa Member Posts: 6

They probably live now in a shack in Guam...not by choice...

Well i have to (hardly whit bad teeth grind) agree that there are some serious players in this game, and despite that looks like cheaters they arent, its just a matter of time to take that learning curve, the more i play the game the more i see how badass some people are, its scary but at same time im glad they exist so you can study their strategies and moves.

But i still get little upset when i fight a group of players who always kills me whit 2 shots, doesnt mater the angle, doesnt matter the position, once they spot you, youre dead and thats a bit messed up lol its like fighting machines.

• osc8rosc8r Member UncommonPosts: 688

I've been paying beta for quite some time now and am still enjoying myself. However, things are definitely better at lower threat level's, as once you start reaching the high silver threat, and heaven forbid gold... the majority, yes, the majority of players ARE using third party programs of some sort at this level.

I've been doing some research, and the hacks have come a long way too, as the smart apper's can customise how quick (or slow) the 'snap' to target is, and how much of a degree of variation is required before the 'snap' happens (if at all). So the tell tale 180 degree spin & snap to target give away is a lot less rare now, but there are plenty of other giveaways if you know what to look for, and how obvious the apper is willing to be.

There are still some people who are blatantly obvious with them though. As a low gold threat level I was up against a group of >R20's with their starter stars.... yes, RATING 20's with gold threat, and wow. They would do drive by's at full speed on my team mates from 50m away and kill them within seconds (not one bullet would miss). They were taking out our snipers (well beyond the efficient range of the star) with ease. Not to mention the blatantly obvious wallhacks. It's a joke.

Now I realise there are plenty of false hacking accusations been thrown around, and I have received more than several myself. But once you learn what the camera (and radar) can and can't do, what each gun is capable of etc etc... things become pretty clear to an experienced eye (I was also R250+ under RTW).

I really hope they can get these third party apps under control, as I am really enjoying the game otherwise. I should note that I have recorded and reported several video's of these appers over the course of the weekend, and have noticed that two of these names are no longer valid. So fingers crossed that they are getting on top of things, and with more preventative measures to come (pb is sh*t).

Now, I'm off to get my threat level down a bit.

More food for thought:

What the apper/hacker see's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99u4IEmhLRQ&feature=player_embedded

Weekly hacker update from G1: http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index.php?showtopic=147825 (still a LONG way to go)

Hacking is at this point out of hand.  I'd say it's on same level as it was when run by RTW.  Blatant aimbotting, people admitting they hack in district chat. There was even a guy named "DamnCheaters" going on kill streak after kill streak sniping with his LMG.

For all G1's blogs, they are doing absolutely nothing to curtail the problem.

Avoid this game like the plague of death (unless you're a hacker, because if you are you can hack without fear of banning!)