Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is best FPS game you ever played?

armageddon19armageddon19 Member Posts: 29

I just want to know peoples opinions on which is the best FPS("first-person shooter") game ever published.

@_@ curious player!!

What is the best FPS of all time?

Comments

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

TF2 obviously. Balanced, good graphics, lots of humor, free content updates, lots of players and maps. What else could you desire?

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

counter-strike.  It has stood the test of time and its still kickin

• MoBROKENHEADMoBROKENHEAD Member Posts: 9

Battle Feild 2142 hands down.. still going strong too.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Umm...Can we count mods?  My favorite fps game was UT2004 and I still love that game! Nothing like the RPG mod with diablo style loots AND summoning powers! @_@

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

Single or multi?  Single player it's Half Life 1 & 2 hands down. As for multi player i can't coment since i've never played one.

• rashherorashhero Member UncommonPosts: 510

Doom 2

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

Originally posted by Shodanas

Single or multi?  Single player it's Half Life 1 & 2 hands down. As for multi player i can't coment since i've never played one.

yeah i'd break it up to single or multi.  Then again CS is a half life mod 

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

Original Unreal Tournament, so manny mods image

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• CazeroCazero Member Posts: 56

Stalker series.......

-Caz

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

That's easy to answer: Natural selection. I think MMOs could learn a few things from it actually. :D

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Call of duty 4: Modern warfare  /with "ProMod"

Best shooter ever made.

Every call of duty after that one is made primarily with consoles in mind, which if ask me is utter shit.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Of the very few I've ever played Borderlands was the best.

Edit: Also loved Perfect Dark and looking forward to Hawken.

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

Perfect Dark for the N64. Hands down. They recently brought it back by putting it on the X-Box arcade with upgraded graphics. So much fun. By far, without a doubt, the best FPS ever. It's not opinion. It's fact. It's a fact in my opinion. OR is the opinion inside my fact? OH that's right. Out of nowhere with my flawless logic in your face.

EDIT: GoldenEye 007 is a close 2nd runner up.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

I know I'll get flamed for this, and yes I've since seen the light as far as console vs PC for FPS's, but the most fun I've ever had in a FPS is by far Goldeneye for the N64.

Currently, the Battlefield series is my FPS of choice. Followed by Quake Wars Enemy Territory.

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

The "best" are going to be very recent ones due to the vastly superior technology today, but I would rephrase it as "best for their time" in which case I would say these were my absolute favorite for their time.  Indicated is if they were good single player (SP)or multiplayer (MP)

- Castle Wolfenstein 3D (SP)

- Doom 1/2 (SP/MP)

- Duke Nukem (SP)

- Quake (MP)

- Half Life 1/2 (SP/MP)

- Halo 3 (MP)

- CoD4/5/6/7 (MP)

And historically speaking, I think Doom might be the most influential game ever created, not just for FPS but in all of gaming...

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271

battlefield 1942  simply amazing team gameplay .

• maniacfoxmaniacfox Member UncommonPosts: 171

TF2 of course, just keeps me coming back again and again :D

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Hmm it's close for me between UT GOTY and UT2004. I played both daily for years, nothing beats the non-stop high speed action only found in those games, plus mods mods and more awesome mods.

In all honesty I think the entrance of consoles in the FPS genre has made it so the golden age of that genre is over with. I'll go ahead and point the finger directly at Halo partialy at CoD Modern warfare for the downfall of what used to be my favorite genre. God I freaking hate consoles ruining things I love. Hopefully they don't encrouch on the MMO market anymore then they have.

TF2 is also an amazing game. CS was easy mode :D

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

I think Halo 3 is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Single Player:

Duke Nukem

Half Life

Nobody Lives Forever

COD1-2

Far Cry

Stalker

Multiplayer:

TF2

Battlefield (All of them including BFBC2)

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

for me

Battlefield 2142

then Battlefield 2

and i would just like to say Battlefield Bad company 2 has the best graphics i have ever seen in a FPS, its just to bad they made it more like a consol game instead of the epic PC versions they are known for.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Have to say MAG. As much as I like my PC FPS games, MAG just took the cake on fun for me. Up to 256 players in a match, Move compatible (Sharp Shooter), Some progression, and again just fun. 

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Originally posted by k11keeper

In all honesty I think the entrance of consoles in the FPS genre has made it so the golden age of that genre is over with. I'll go ahead and point the finger directly at Halo partialy at CoD Modern warfare for the downfall of what used to be my favorite genre. God I freaking hate consoles ruining things I love. Hopefully they don't encrouch on the MMO market anymore then they have.

I was once like you.  A die hard PC gamer, especially for FPS and especially the keyboard/mouse control scheme.  But I made the switch to consoles a few years ago (took me literally 2 years to adjust to the controller) but now I find it a natural extension of my hands and my nervous system has taken over the twitch aiming now.

I actually find console FPS superior overall now.  Primary reason is the absolute even playing field of console games (minus some notrious hacking particularly MW2) is perfect for FPS.  The mods on PCs are fun for variety no doubt, but an uneven playing field is a killer for FPS games to be true esport (which is what they really excel at).  Not only are PC games much easier to hack/mod, the difference in hardware and gaming rigs/mouses/controllers gives those willing to spend an unfair advantage.  On a console, you know where you stand unless you have a crappy network.

Add in the pure comfort of reclining on my lazy boy in my media room with 7.1 surround and 80 inch 3D goodness, and you only find me hunched over PCs for strategy games and MMOs these days.  And once MMOs move to consoles you wont find me playing them on PCs anymore either.  Deep strategy games I can't see ever moving to consoles, but who knows.

And as a side note I actually think an MMO can be on console without dumbing it down, if you improve the controller just a little and add some robust scripting to customize controller...

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

currently I would say the best FPS is not an FPS at all its a TPS and I am talking about All Points Bulletin Reloaded.  I truely enjoy APB its quite fun to play and can be quite hilarious at times and also very competative. 

• bakagamibakagami Member UncommonPosts: 152

Unreal Tournament or the 1st F.E.A.R.  for me its all about the AI