Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maerlyn the Community Manager is no longer employed at Starvault

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Yes, the long rumored departure has apparently occurred:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/members/maerlyn.html

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alexander-politz/22/b05/393

Wow, looks like somebody took my advice. I just posted about this yesterday or day before.

That said, it really is looking like the beginning of the end.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987

Originally posted by HerculesSAS

Wow, looks like somebody took my advice. I just posted about this yesterday or day before.

That said, it really is looking like the beginning of the end.

Yeah according to the lead community moderator Talwin in IRC  "For now, there will be no CM"

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

He's gonna have a fun time finding a company willing to let him manage a community again after what he pulled off in MO. Good riddance.

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

huh, that is interesting...

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4158871

I think Henrik values my opinions :P

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Originally posted by cirsyndic

He's gonna have a fun time finding a company willing to let him manage a community again after what he pulled off in MO. Good riddance.

Those positions are like the burger flippers of the food industry anyway.

Originally posted by PoopBucket

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/60580-maerlyn.html#post1126690

??

I find that to be total BS, but hey whatever.. he's gone, he's gone. Doesn't matter whether he quit or not.

• PoopBucketPoopBucket Member Posts: 66

Yea, but what is the information to be released?

Who knows... given the truthfulness of their past announcements, I don't have a very high expectation for this set of announcements either.

Maybe they are announcing that they let Maerlyn go so that they can afford to send the customers who purchased the boxed version of the game the actual working discs they were promised (by Maerlyn)? image

In all seriousness though.   It appears that Henrick is going to make his big announcement on April Fools Day.  Once again, you just cannot make this stuff up!

Who knows... given the truthfulness of their past announcements, I don't have a very high expectation for this set of announcements either.

Seems like the information release was just an April Fools joke.  Instead of providing the promised "lot of information" they simply locked the thread... image

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

Seems like the information release was just an April Fools joke.  Instead of providing the promised "lot of information" they simply locked the thread... image

I feel so violated in every single way imaginable. Oh, wait, it's common SV policy, nevermind.

I bet the delayed announcement is going to be how Epic screwed the patch up and how Epic told Henrik to fire 3 of their staff, because they were incompetent. Also Henrik will say that there's a lot of good stuff coming next month (borrowing Craig Morrisons playbook).

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

Waiting for the good stuff in MO is like junkies chasing the dragon.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

Originally posted by cirsyndic

Waiting for the good stuff in MO is like junkies chasing the dragon.

I see what you did there and I agree.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

I guess now we know what the information to be released was.

I think they locked the thread since it was starting to spin off into speculation and infighting. As illustrated by...

Wow, so many mmorpg.com residents in one thread.

Now, which of these alts claimed to be a game dev? I wanna make fun of that particular account, but I can't keep em straight.

P.s. Whoever copied my list to that thread, I'm honored and flattered. However, you really need to check things more closely. There's nothing to indicate that Hannu and Anthony are no longer with SV.

Originally posted by osmunda

I guess now we know what the information to be released was.

I think they locked the thread since it was starting to spin off into speculation and infighting. As illustrated by...

Maybe deleting the one or two posts like that would have been a better way?   Somehow I doubt that post was the reason the thread was locked... afterall that post and the one by PrinceReaper are still there.. unmoderated.  I think it more likely that the  posts showing they lost half their staff in 6 months were more likely the reason for the thread lock.  It's nice to know we are always on their minds though!  

Anyhow... they have now announced a new CM.. who was previously a forum volunteer moderator.  I wonder if he is now an actual employee or if this is still a volunteer position.