Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(Updated)Ultima IV or New Ultima mmo rumours

spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Link to the article on "The Escapist". http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108860-Ultima-Remake-Rumors-Continue-to-Swirl

Good news- Though only a rumor, one of the finest old school rpg's of all time may be getting a modern makeover.

Bad news- Paul Barnett;)

Doubt very much any of the kids will remember this classic, Sticking it here 4 any fellow elderly gamers who are interested;).......I'm off to find a bedpan.

Edit*  Hmmmm.....Massivley sugest that instead of an Ultima IV remake it could be a new mmo. http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/03/30/rumor-a-new-ultima-mmo-might-be-in-the-works/ As Ea are recruiting for an MMO programmer at its Redwood location.

Comments

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

Ultima III Exodus was were the genre opened up. Way better than Ultima ! and II and the prequel (cannot remember its title offhand), but if these do get a modern facelift and are done right i may be one of the first to purchase.

However it does have to be done correctly as the remake of Bards Tale I was a big dissapointment to me which was Ultima's biggest rival back in the hayday. Doing it that way could put off alot of people.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by Manestream

Ultima III Exodus was were the genre opened up. Way better than Ultima ! and II and the prequel (cannot remember its title offhand), but if these do get a modern facelift and are done right i may be one of the first to purchase.

However it does have to be done correctly as the remake of Bards Tale I was a big dissapointment to me which was Ultima's biggest rival back in the hayday. Doing it that way could put off alot of people.

Akalabeth (spelling probably off) was the game Garriott made before Ultima I.

Ultima III was the first Ultima I bought for my C64.   Oddly enough I still remember buying it.. was in a montgomery ward's.   Oh and for a bit of Irony here..  This was probably 1983 and the Ultima III box had this big gold sticker on the wrap  "distributed by electronic arts". 

Ultima IV was minus that label which may be because by then EA was of course with Interplay and Bard's Tale etc 

Origin Systems Inc "we create worlds" ... used to mean something .. lot of great games there.