Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some quickies...

MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

1. Is PvP in this game good/dead?

2. Is the game as dead as people claims?

Comments

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

No it's not dead, you will know when a MMORPG is dead. PvP is fine and brutal.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

what about the new engine= When will it come?

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

The new engine tops what AoC use to look like imo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k1_4JtJbiQ&feature=related

• KaylessKayless Member UncommonPosts: 357

Originally posted by MikeJezZ

what about the new engine= When will it come?

It's already here! image

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Check it out the engien upgrade  here 

You can also play the trial unlimited.

This game is still worthy to join as newcomer? And the game is far from dead as many are saying it is?

I heard sieges are allmost non existant anymore...

And heard it has sometime offleveling system now like Eve?

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

The biggest problem is the low population. The game is fine just by itself but mmos without a decent population make for a dull experience. The low pop is really pronounced at the leveling range. It is a top heavy population game (level 80s). Even at level 80 I found it really hard to find a group to run much of anything. This was on the server Set (U.S.).

I am going to play on the EU servers. But still dont sounds good with the low population... Dont want to join up a ghost-mmo.

• eowetheoweth Member Posts: 273

This game is still worthy to join as newcomer? And the game is far from dead as many are saying it is?
    I heard sieges are allmost non existant anymore...

And heard it has sometime offleveling system now like Eve?

It's a great time to start as a newcomer. It's not nearly as dead as people say, most of those people actually in the same, paying for it, saying it. Ironic, huh? My guild has enough people on every night to raid without PUGs, which is very nice.

Sieges are non-existent from what I can tell, then again PvP is dumb (in general, not specifically AoC) and I don't bother with it.

There's two types of off line training. One is the offline levels. Every 4 days you pay, you get a free level to use on any character (save them for the 70s!)

There's also the Alternate Advancement stuff, where you can train new feats via time. However, unlike EVE, you cannot pause and return go the skill later. If you stop a skill you lose your progress. So that 700 hours of training I need to finish is pretty daunting at the moment. Good news is that while you're "time training", you're also gaining XP towards points and can finish off the longer AA's with points early.

There's nightly raids, there's always been people for me to group with at all levels 30-80, active guilds, constant childish pvp pratter in global, so yeah, give it a try. :)

I need someone to tell wether the PvP is good or bad atm and why before I pay :)

How many plays on each server you think? How often do I see other?

And is there a level cap or is it just wide-open like eve?

As far as I know, this game doesnt have classes. That means I can level towards anything I want... Can I "respec"? And how many skills/spells are there? To level or craft in or whatever.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

As far as I know, this game doesnt have classes. That means I can level towards anything I want... Can I "respec"? And how many skills/spells are there? To level or craft in or whatever.

I think you have the wrong game. There are most certainly classes and the level cap is 80. Why not just try it out? There is the endless trial in Tortage and you can guage whether you like the mechanics of the game by that.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

You can respec. Feats at a trainer, skills just in the skill window. I don't think you can respec AA points, but I never actually checked.

How many spells? skills?

A lot. especially for melee classes and rangers. you will fill up you normal hotbars by lvl 20. Also note (many new players seem to miss this) you can often use multiple levels of the same combo as they don't share cool downs. For ex, a lot of barbarians will use many ranks of Butcher or Cyclone of Steel.

lol Was running with a new barb the other day and he asked me why I was killing things 3x as fast as him so I asked him what combos he was using. I told him I was mainly using a bleed, and 3 ranks of one combo. He had no idea. He switched his combos out - into a couple butchers - and wiped out a pack of cannibals and started dancing haha.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

Still 8 hours until I have the game downloaded :/ "2mbit yay!"

I really hope the PvP in this game is fun, alive and not as dead as many states.