Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting on EQ2...

MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Hey guys, I am trying the free version of EQ 2 cus I wanted to see if its something for me..

How is the PvP in this game? I am looking for a PvP game wiht more content than WoW.

I am playing on the freeport server since I have a free version.

Comments

• AutofireXIIIAutofireXIII Member Posts: 35

Good evening!

Generally on the paid version, you won't find anywhere near as many players per server than on a populated WoW server. That's the first thing. As for PVP, it's less focused on kills, and more on mini games such as capture the flag and hold down the fort etc. I found BattleGrounds (The main source of PVP) to be fun. When I last played there were many who'd run the BG's over and over for hours as it always provided a new challenging experience depending on who you faced.

It's worth a shot, just population isn't what it used to be.

Autofire

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by AutofireXIII

Good evening!

Generally on the paid version, you won't find anywhere near as many players per server than on a populated WoW server. That's the first thing. As for PVP, it's less focused on kills, and more on mini games such as capture the flag and hold down the fort etc. I found BattleGrounds (The main source of PVP) to be fun. When I last played there were many who'd run the BG's over and over for hours as it always provided a new challenging experience depending on who you faced.

It's worth a shot, just population isn't what it used to be.

not sure thats very true .since the merger the lower population is basically filled.Try get into a PQ raid at prime time sometimes 3 -4 instances are up .

I just did one and it  had to go to the 3rd instance of GD as other 2 were full and we still gathered a full raid and lots of people outside the raid for it.

Well that's deffinately not been my experience. In fact on AB before Velious released I counted about 450 people playing prime time. Put that up against Laurelin (PVE-RP EU) LOTRO server that had just over 1,200.

Regardless, I really enjoy the P2P service still. Just not a big fan of Velious.

Autofire

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844

Since server merging lots of people on every server. The PvP is ok, but like mentioned just battleground PvP. The PvE Content is indeed superior in both quality and quantity. Atm I prefer playing the newest expansion over Rift.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

EQ2 is not a game that was designed for pvp or with pvp in mind. 

You can be a judge of the pve content yourself. 

Ah, well I suppose that makes sense with the merges. Antonia Bayle hasn't been merged.

The PVP games are fun and will keep you entertained for a while for sure. But Qeynos/Freeport pvp doesn't exist as you can group with people from any city/alignment.

Autofire

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by AutofireXIII

Well that's deffinately not been my experience. In fact on AB before Velious released I counted about 450 people playing prime time. Put that up against Laurelin (PVE-RP EU) LOTRO server that had just over 1,200.

Regardless, I really enjoy the P2P service still. Just not a big fan of Velious.

i certainly don't know how you counted this people as i too play AB and 3 filled GD alone is 250+.now add fact people scattered all over that number is certainly off.

You cannot count people on EQ2 server because a vast majority are set on anon .