Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camaraderie and Compition

lucianbonnlucianbonn Member Posts: 48

Greetings fourmites :)

I'm looking for an MMO featuring camaraderie and compition. Guild Wars had this pre-Nightfall, but I essentially mean a game with a competitive nature that has many guilds or clans willing to accept new members. I've played many things close to this, such as HoN, LoL and Guild Wars, however the first two dont offer any type of satisfying progression and Guild Wars, at least in my opinion, is dead. 

I'm hoping you guys have a suggestion for me, but before you say Darkfall, heres a few peramaters I'm looking for. 

Does not require 6 months to become competitve

Instanced PvP is O.K. As long as it's not solely arena or battlegrounds style (ala WoW)

I'd like to stay away from shooters if at all possible, as I already play APB and GA

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

Good luck in your quest for "compition". You're going to need it image

• lucianbonnlucianbonn Member Posts: 48

Why? 

Are most games carebear fests now adays? 

• MurdusMurdus Member UncommonPosts: 698

Darkfall introduced huge skill increases and meditation (offline skill ups in exchange for gold). You can get PvP-optimal in one month easy, playing like 2 hours every night or something.

Just sayin. It is EXACTLY what you're looking for, straight up, based on what you've told me.

Hm. That sounds good, if you have gold. Seems like a way to make alts faster, for those already esablished in the game. I'll give it a look but I tried it out maybe 3 weeks ago and I found that the community was extremely hostile, elitest, and unwilling to welcome new members. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places. 

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by neonwire

They're easy to find. Here's a whole "compulation" of them:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/319195/dance_off_compition_compulation/

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339

Anyone know what this "compition" is?  I'm baffled.  ;)

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• Mr_WolfxMr_Wolfx Member Posts: 176

Originally posted by Caskio

Anyone know what this "compition" is?  I'm baffled.  ;)

It's a type of Hyundai I think :O

Yes I have a dream… And its not some MLK dream for equality. …I wanna own a decommissioned lighthouse …And I wanna live at the top… And nobody knows I live there. …And theres a button that I can press, and launch that lighthouse into space.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Originally posted by neonwire

They're easy to find. Here's a whole "compulation" of them:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/319195/dance_off_compition_compulation/

Ha ha brilliant! Oh well I stand corrected. I guess "compitions" are more popular than I thought

Woops, I misspelled something, I usually rely on my spellcheck here, as english isn't my first language, but It doesn't seem to catch things on this forum. 

Sorry, forgot I can't make mistakes on this forum or I'll be torn to shreads, my bad. 

• AhyaAikawaAhyaAikawa Member Posts: 6

There is one thing that MMOs have that single-player games and even multiplayer games will never have; that is the in-game player community. Some may argue there are more reasons, but by community I mean all the systems that come about because of that double M in MMO: Massively Multiplayer.