Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions...

ErithramereErithramere Member Posts: 17

Just need help with a few things...

1.) When is the release date? Anyone know?

2.) Are there classes and levels in this game?

3.) Is this game more sandbox or themepark?

4.) I've seen a video of a group of players assaulting a city, is this city a player city or an npc city?

5.) What are the pro's of this game? When compared to other MMO's similar to this one.

6.) What are the cons? We all know there are some, even if it isn't released yet.

7.) Can I be a pirtate? Sail my own ship, attack other ships etc?

8.) Please tell me I can level up through quests/instances solely, not grinding? This question only applies if there are actually levels in the game.

9.) Please tell me this isn't like a sequel to Archlord?

Graphics of this game look really good, as do the characters. I'm thinking this game is one to look forward to, as long as its not your average korean grind game.

Comments

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by Erithramere

Its supposed to be released near the end of 2011 in korea, and early 2012 in the West

Yes

Its a mixture of both

4.) I've seen a video of a group of players assaulting a city, is this city a player city or an npc city?

There are 3 continents. On the 3rd continent, players can build their own cities, and siege and destroy other cities

5.) What are the pro's of this game? When compared to other MMO's similar to this one.

City building and sieging. Its supposed to have a very diverse skill system. It has an advanced game engine, where you can climb walls and such.  Great graphics.

6.) What are the cons? We all know there are some, even if it isn't released yet.

Trying to mix a themepark game and a sandbox game will cause some problems.

Yes

8.) Please tell me I can level up through quests/instances solely, not grinding? This question only applies if there are actually levels in the game.

There is supposed to be a lot of quests in the game.

no it isn't

Graphics of this game look really good, as do the characters. I'm thinking this game is one to look forward to, as long as its not your average korean grind game.

We don't know how bad the grind will be.

• termsytermsy Member Posts: 100
    Just to correct ghoul, there are no classes. If you choose a class at the beginning of the game, the game suggests different abilities and skills that are similar to that playstyle. Or you can just build a completely custom class. Also, anyone can wear any armor and use any weapon.
  • AglarannaAglaranna Member Posts: 204

Originally posted by termsy

Also, anyone can wear any armor and use any weapon.

OMG really? Oh the cries of ninja-looting! Oh the QQ that will ensue over loot drops!

While I like the idea in theory, I don't see how this will work out in practice. I'd need to know more about it and if there's the typical need/greed system of course, but right now it sounds like a bad idea to me. Do you have any more details in that area? I'm curious now.

• termsytermsy Member Posts: 100

Originally posted by Aglaranna

OMG really? Oh the cries of ninja-looting! Oh the QQ that will ensue over loot drops!

While I like the idea in theory, I don't see how this will work out in practice. I'd need to know more about it and if there's the typical need/greed system of course, but right now it sounds like a bad idea to me. Do you have any more details in that area? I'm curious now.

No, I don't. Just picture it like any of the Morrowind games. You can wear any armor, and use any weapon, but there's obviously going to be pro's and con's to each. It's really not a big deal, you have to break out of the WoW mindset.

Im certain that gear is this game will have a max durability that slowly decreases and you won't be able to repair. But at the same time, most of the gear will be craftable. Have you ever played a Sandbox? :P

"About armors - everyone can wear any type of armor, and it will protect from different types of attacks.

The game has a large quantity of freedom, just like in UO.

You can gather ore from random nods spread across the world.

Players can throw ropes and climb buildings, pass over rivers, as you can notice on some videos and screenshots.

When you die, you ressurect at the nearest temple with all your gear. It is however unknown if you lose your experience.

You can actually enchant your items, like in lineage 2. There is a chance of fail.

You gather the loot from corpses. You come up to the corpse, you click on it, a window pops up, and you take the loot. You can also kick the corpse around :)."

http://archeagesource.com/topic/26-all-that-we-know-about-archeage/

• SarayuSarayu Member UncommonPosts: 25

Well, I'm sure there's always gonna be the retard that's going to take something just because he can use it...you can't really avoid that no matter what in need/greed. I'm not sure on any type of system yet though.

As for the armor and weapons though, like termsy said you can wear or use anything. In the beginning of the game the skills you choose, or later if you respec has an effect on it though. Heavy armor creates for slower attacks and slower casting time, so if you specced more toward a caster you'd probably, maybe not always, be at an advantage to wear light armor and to use a staff, rather than heavy plate and a mace and vice versa.

• AglarannaAglaranna Member Posts: 204

Originally posted by Sarayu

Well, I'm sure there's always gonna be the retard that's going to take something just because he can use it...you can't really avoid that no matter what in need/greed. I'm not sure on any type of system yet though.

As for the armor and weapons though, like termsy said you can wear or use anything. In the beginning of the game the skills you choose, or later if you respec has an effect on it though. Heavy armor creates for slower attacks and slower casting time, so if you specced more toward a caster you'd probably, maybe not always, be at an advantage to wear light armor and to use a staff, rather than heavy plate and a mace and vice versa.

Ah...ok I get that because I've seen systems like that before. Wherein while a caster CAN wear chain, it might not be to his advantage because chain may have spell failure, or too much encumbrance (and non fighter types can carry less, etc). And roguish types might not want heavy armor because it increased time between attacks, for example.

• TomWoodrowTomWoodrow Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by ghoul31

Originally posted by Erithramere

Its supposed to be released near the end of 2011 in korea, and early 2012 in the West

Where did you hear early 2012? Every one keeps say that there is not even a publisher yet for NA-EU. No publisher = no release.

Yes

Its a mixture of both

There are 3 continents. On the 3rd continent, players can build their own cities, and siege and destroy other cities

City building and sieging. Its supposed to have a very diverse skill system. It has an advanced game engine, where you can climb walls and such.  Great graphics.

Trying to mix a themepark game and a sandbox game will cause some problems.

Yes

There is supposed to be a lot of quests in the game.

no it isn't

We don't know how bad the grind will be.

join us on seastone (btw no cash shop to run your bank account dry)

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?83070-Lotro-Players&s=d555bfc9e2f4d22851c5359cb80e5b27

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Yeah that's how I understood it termsy. You might be able to put on that awesome heavy armored plate armor as a mage or rogue but if you don't have the skills to put it to good use it will just weigh you down and possibly have negative effects. Also, since there is no real class system you can't have restrictions on gear based on class because people learn skills from the 10 different schools with a maximum of 3 schools you can learn from. Which is a bit different then the usual way, hopefully bringing a new dynamic to this game that will make it stand out.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

This is no WoW mate.

When you play a Sandbox you will understand why "gear grind" is not so important.

It is only the icy on the cake rather than the main feature