Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aegis Imperium spam... not good...

HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

I got this email today from Aegis Imperium, as I was registered on their forums a long while back:

Hello,

To everyone past or present, I would like to invite everyone back to try Mortal Online. The game has greatly improved both in it's stability and performance from what many of us remember. With the 14 day trial available you can give MO another shot even without resubscribing.

We use Mumble as the primary way to communicate information about which can be found here:

http://www.aegis-imperium.com/forums/games/2885-mumble-server-information.html#post38357

Even if you aren't a past guild member, or don't use mumble, I would still like to encourage you to stop by the forums and say hello.

I wish to see many familiar faces return,

-Shinzon

I think we now can tell how SV is pushing their game, by having people like Shinzon send spam to everybody they can in order to recruit for it. This is the same way that AI got special treatment and access early on, because Shinzon was championed the game to everybody. Now that it's falling apart, I'm sure that SV made an overture to Shinzon and asked him to help out.

Either way folks, I think this is the beginning of the end, and the signs are drawing more near. Please let us know if you see spam from other big guilds in MO to recruit people back. Most of the guilds in MO have fallen apart because everybody quit, so I don't know who is still around.

Comments

• sandolainensandolainen Member Posts: 62

{mod edit} Most guilds I've been in, regardless of game, has sent out the occasional e-mail trying to get old players back in. This says absolutely nothing about the state of MO.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by sandolainen

{mod edit} Most guilds I've been in, regardless of game, has sent out the occasional e-mail trying to get old players back in. This says absolutely nothing about the state of MO.

I find it suspect, because after SV announced they need 1500 subs to break even, I get this email from a player who has *always* had the ear of Henrik?

Sorry, but just a bit too coincidental.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

MO state speaks for itself...its been dead since it released...and now its even more....ok not dead dead..it still has a couple dozen followers...how many players does an mmorpg has to have to be considered dead?

IMO its dead dead...

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

It could be that this cockamamie conspiracy theory is true....

OR

Perhaps this is just what a lot of guilds do periodically to build their guild in any game.  Especially as a game improves, a sentiment reflected here: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/60334-state-mortal.html

{mod edit}

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Originally posted by HerculesSAS

I find it suspect, because after SV announced they need 1500 subs to break even, I get this email from a player who has *always* had the ear of Henrik?

I agree.  Particularly if you look at the forum activity.  Remember when SV used to highlight the number of "forum accounts" as indicative of the level of interest in the game?  Well... even WITH the free trial it has plumeted like a rock:

This tells me that most of the new trial accounts are either current players using it for free mules and lols, or old players that wanted to see if things changed. 

So.. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a suggestion made by SV... particularly when the verbiage of the Email includes this line "Even if you aren't a past guild member, or don't use mumble, I would still like to encourage you to stop by the forums and say hello."

Thats OK though.. nothing wrong with trying to drum up interest in something you like, and it's obvious that Shinzon has put a lot of time into the community there.  I think he is even the guy who recently made the player tutorial walkthroughs that SV now links from the launcher.  I think people who are interested in the game SHOULD feel free to give the trial a look... take advantage of an opportunity to see the game for themselves at no cost.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I agree.  Particularly if you look at the forum activity.  Remember when SV used to highlight the number of "forum accounts" as indicative of the level of interest in the game?  Well... even WITH the free trial it has plumeted like a rock:

This tells me that most of the new trial accounts are either current players using it for free mules and lols, or old players that wanted to see if things changed. 

So.. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a suggestion made by SV... particularly when the verbiage of the Email includes this line "Even if you aren't a past guild member, or don't use mumble, I would still like to encourage you to stop by the forums and say hello."

Thats OK though.. nothing wrong with trying to drum up interest in something you like, and it's obvious that Shinzon has put a lot of time into the community there.  I think he is even the guy who recently made the player tutorial walkthroughs that SV now links from the launcher.  I think people who are interested in the game SHOULD feel free to give the trial a look... take advantage of an opportunity to see the game for themselves at no cost.

By all means, every past subscriber or interested person should download the trial and play. I'm confident that they won't last through the trial period before the awful taste begins to develop.

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

MO must be doing well if this is the most insidous conspiracy theory we can come up with...  

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

It never hurts to go back and see if things have changed esp when it has a free trial.   Just say'n

~and no I have never tried the game and probably never will because it's just not my type of game~

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

"The developers know what they want from their game, and have a solid design vision;"

Heh, thanks for a laugh, Shinzon. Devs design visions are of a 5 year old exploring lego, "try this, if it doesn't work try something else".

• BrodieBroosBrodieBroos Member Posts: 32

As someone who was in AI.  I will tell you number one.  We did NOT get early access.  Many of our founding members got early beta access, as did many founding members of many other guilds, not because they are advertising for the game, but because they where active on the forums EVERYDAY!  With something like 40 to 50 posts a day.  

As for MO, Shinzon hasn't even played the game in Months.  He has been playing rift.  He was just as dissappointed with how things turned out like everyone else.  So he decided to take a break until things where a little more on the up and up.  Also might I add that he is no longer even the GM of AI?  He stepped down when he stopped playing MO.  

And we never had the "ear" of Henrick.  Would he talk to us in game?  Sure, but he also talked to MANY other players in game during beta that he recognized from being in IRC almost everyday.  He would chat with people who where enjoying their game and get input and feedback from us, and people ALL over the server.  

Shinzon, has been asked MANY times to come back to the game, and I believe he finally came back.  Mostly likely for a one month sub to see indeed for himself how much it has grown.  Since many older players are the ones that will know shinzon, and not the new GM of the guild, they might have a better chance of getting people to come play a game with friends if they recognize the name of the person sending the mail.

In short, you support your completely retarded claim with no facts, no merit, nothing but the idiotic notion that SV is about to go bankrupt so they contacted Shinzon to save them..... Cause that would be SO much smarter than trying to acquire a smaller investor for advertising, or using some other model to help save the game.  You are absolutely one of  the dumbest people I have ever heard of.